Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't see it but it's a well know "offensive" gesture here, called a corte de mangas or "arm cut". You slap one hand on the inside of you elbow and thrust your lower arm up in a shove-it-up-your-arse fashion.

The fist is usually closed in the classic corte...

corte%20de%20manga-1.jpg

although Gibbon Boy seems to have incorporated a V sign (which Spaniards don't understand by the way), fusion stylee

882369-600-338.jpg
yeah what you said. btw I might be in Madrid for the Chelsea game if you're out and know a good bar

Last edited:
I feel a little bit bad for Bale. Yes he's made ungodly amounts of money and had some big moments on the biggest possible stages, but it kinda feels like he's spent the prime of his career at a club he doesn't particularly enjoy where he isn't much appreciated.

Once you get that enormous contract it's like golden handcuffs, you become un-transferrable.

I bet he'd come back to Spurs in a heartbeat if we made it worth his while in wages, which we won't and honestly probably shouldn't.

I feel a little bit bad for Bale. Yes he's made ungodly amounts of money and had some big moments on the biggest possible stages, but it kinda feels like he's spent the prime of his career at a club he doesn't particularly enjoy where he isn't much appreciated.

Once you get that enormous contract it's like golden handcuffs, you become un-transferrable.

I bet he'd come back to Spurs in a heartbeat if we made it worth his while in wages, which we won't and honestly probably shouldn't.
image.jpg

Injury prone (even in a warm country like Spain, let alone in a climate like the UK) and 29 years old, would cost a fortune, I think it would be a bad move for us as a club personally.

I say move on and look for young but high quality talent that can take us up another level.

He must have, surely. Who says he hasn't?
Surprisingly, it appears he can speak some but I honestly didn't think he could either.

I don't know why, but this just makes me laugh.

Seriously though, does it seem like he's reading at times? I get that speaking it more difficult than listening, but there's such a discrepancy between the interviewer and him that something just appears to be off.

:deledoubt:

Surprisingly, it appears he can speak some but I honestly didn't think he could either.

I don't know why, but this just makes me laugh.

Seriously though, does it seem like he's reading at times? I get that speaking it more difficult than listening, but there's such a discrepancy between the interviewer and him that something just appears to be off.

:deledoubt:

That was shot over 2.5 hours and animatronics were used to create a life size Bale with a Spanish person providing dubbed vocals

Loved him as a player you just can’t trust him though, he only really looks after himself, the Madrid massive have to thank him for some great moments but there is never smoke without fire something clearly doesn’t sit right with them either

Back
Top Bottom