New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Isn't Tuesday 12th / Wednesday 13th any good for the Palace game - it gives a few days before the quarter final. Are they supposed to get a whole week of rest before hand or something. CL quarter finals manage to get played in between league weekends anyway.
It gives us another massive stretch of 6 games with small gaps but we've handled that before, and then it's international break.

Edit: it's a CL fixture week for the other lot. If only we could play anyway.
Revisited: if PSG can play their Ligue 1 match on CL night then why not us.
Except it's a bad idea to have this first game on a weeknight?

0_Tottenham-Hotspur-Stadium-Feature.jpg
I really want the 'M' for the media cafe to stand for 'Mauricio's Bar' in honour of his future success.

Can see it if you turn up early to find Mr Pochettino behind the bar mixing cocktails and engaging in small talk before popping off to deliver his pre match team talk. :pochsmirk:

Me too, when I made the plans never thought I might be missing the first game in the new stadium!!!

I'm back on the 12th April (early doors). Might be a bit jet lagged but if the 13th is our first game i'm sure as hell going to drag myself, Mum and Nephew there!

Mixed feeling about it, been waiting so long but going to be very difficult – first game without Dad, knowing this is something he was looking forward to and keeping him going. My Mum is going to be a wreck.

Seems like anything Tottenham opens that wound up a little bit more.

Not only me but have a feelings this is a similar story across the land. It's going to be very emotional on lots of levels. Not a dry eye in the house.

I'm back on the 12th April (early doors). Might be a bit jet lagged but if the 13th is our first game i'm sure as hell going to drag myself, Mum and Nephew there!

Mixed feeling about it, been waiting so long but going to be very difficult – first game without Dad, knowing this is something he was looking forward to and keeping him going. My Mum is going to be a wreck.

Not only me but have a feelings this is a similar story across the land. It's going to be very emotional on lots of levels. Not a dry eye in the house.

Especially when you go to pay your bill in the food court.

Yes emotional all round. Your dad's spirit will be with you I'm sure. x

That's why football teams are so much more than just football teams to many of us.
Also why something in me would have died regards the club should we have moved to stratford.
At least this way i can still walk the same streets and jog memories i had with my Dad as a kid.
you'll be fine mate.You father will be there with you in spirit.The first time may be hard,but just think of the good times as i am sure he would have wanted you to do.

He will be there with you and that will make it even more special for you.enjoy the day when it finally comes!!!

Back
Top Bottom