"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck me weird seeing an away forum that actually has nice things to say about us. Why I never mind City winning it, the owners and how the got success are disgusting. But the genuine Man City fans are usually a decent lot
My experience of Man City, based on seeing us play up there many times, is that they despise us and were one of the last teams to give up the hissing chants. Even a couple of years ago I heard a small group of theirs singing anti-semetic songs on the tram before the game. Some of their fans might feel well-disposed to us, but a lot of the match-going ones really, really hate us and have done as long as I've been going (mid-nineties); I think it might go back to Ricky Villa's goal.

My experience of Man City, based on seeing us play up there many times, is that they despise us and were one of the last teams to give up the hissing chants. Even a couple of years ago I heard a small group of theirs singing anti-semetic songs on the tram before the game. Some of their fans might feel well-disposed to us, but a lot of the match-going ones really, really hate us and have done as long as I've been going (mid-nineties); I think it might go back to Ricky Villa's goal.
Very true and the fact they got run everywhere :tobyarm:

Fuck me weird seeing an away forum that actually has nice things to say about us. Why I never mind City winning it, the owners and how the got success are disgusting. But the genuine Man City fans are usually a decent lot

I haven't minded City winning in the past because of the alternative options. Them winning anything is just bought, and I just write it off a such. Same with Chelsea a couple years back.

Neither of those clubs would be where they are without their financial doping and they know it.

I think a lot of the hatred towards us stems from the fact we are competing with them despite the fact they've spent hundreds of millions more than us.

I believe thinking we can win 15 games (or even with 2 draws thrown in) in a row, from the end of January until the end of May, without Harry Kane and Dele Alli for half of it, whilst having ridiculously difficult games against Dortmund between and including away fixtures v. Chelsea, United and Liverpool is an utterly ridiculous thing to consider.

There is dreaming, and then there is delusion.

As for you saying it's far more likely than Liverpool and City going on runs described? City started the season with 13 wins and 2 draws (with a tougher fixture list). Liverpool 17 wins with 3 draws.

Don't let the facts get in the way for the sake of dreaming.

Big ask for sure, but not impossible.

I choose to believe.... What harm can it do?

I think we can win at Stamford Bridge - they play a cup final 3 days before. We are better than them. We beat them at Stamford Bridge without Kane last season. Sure, we had Dele but we now have Son Heung-Min who is at his highest level of his career and a lot better than Dele has ever been for us.

I'd take a draw at City and Liverpool if offered me now though. Most important thing is that we DON'T lose ground on those gameweeks.

Liverpool will drop at least 10 more points this season. We just need to make sure we can make that up.

In the 2016/17 season from 26th gameweek onwards we played 13 games, won 12 and lost 1.

Do that again this season and the title could well be ours.

Fuckin' ell, Totti... You've changed your tune!!!!

A week or two ago it was #NotOnePoint.

I have got behind this team and this club more than 99% of this forum. I ain't here to make up stories about having an inside track in the stadium thread.

But I'll call out delusion when I see it.

The mental gymnastics y'all are doing are the same bullshit I debunk when people accuse us of bottling the Leicester season. Everyone dishes out the agrees and likes when I defend us against the bottling tag that year by saying we would have had to win every game from January that season (which has never been done) to top Leicester.

But I suggest it's not at all likely here and suddenly I'm against the club?

Just cos 15/16 wasn't a bottle job; doesn't mean to say it's not possible for us to go on the required run of form this year.

No-one's pretending it's a given..... This is not RAWK.

Fuckin' ell, Totti... You've changed your tune!!!!

A week or two ago it was #NotOnePoint.

I've dared to dream.

DyoD8uQX0AApj-N.jpg:thumb

Liverpool drew to Leicester at home and away to West Ham. Projecting based on schedules is a complete toss up.
Couldn’t agree more, we have to stay in the hunt, take maximum points from our games against the lesser sides and worry about Man City and dippers away as the games come.

Liverpool drew to Leicester at home and away to West Ham. Projecting based on schedules is a complete toss up.

Agreed. We need to approach every game like it is a real battle now. It's coming towards the business end of the season, we need to hunt and be ruthless in each step required to have a chance.

There are 39 points to play for, 39 to be won and a potential 39 to get dropped along the way for all teams involved. Got to be positive and fierce in our approach

Tbf mate all before my time that so had no idea just know a couple of hardcore city fans personally and there all sound and can't say I proper read through that thread there.

Was always our “go to game” growing up .
Maine Rd was a massive old stadium and it was the one place you could get tickets as a northerner (Oldham was the other one but fuck me it was bleak in the away end there)
I have never had any issues with any city fan until they got rich. They are bit like United lite these days. But their hardcore fans are ok.
I knew a few of their “boys” & I know for absolute fact that they ain’t race or religion biased. Maine Road was right on the edge of Moss Side...
They would not like the situation you describe from your experience. Not at all. They’re all knocking on a bit now but I can assure you that if they heard hissing or any shit like that, they would smash heads.
I hate what that club has become but given the choice of them or the scousers winning it, it’s absolutely a no brainier. Scousers are confirmed slavery enablers.
Horrible bunch of work dodging, fare dodging cunts. And the scousers are even worse.

29th December:

1. Liverpool - 54pts
2. Tottenham - 45pts
3. Man City - 44pts

6th February:

1. Man City - 62pts
2. Liverpool - 62pts
3. Tottenham - 57pts

29th December:

1. Liverpool - 54pts
2. Tottenham - 45pts
3. Man City - 44pts

6th February:

1. Man City - 62pts
2. Liverpool - 62pts
3. Tottenham - 57pts

Was the 29th points tally before or after the Wolves result later that day? Remarkable we've lost 2 games during that spell and actually closed the gap at the top if that's the case.

Also, we'd have been top 3-4 hours ago if we had beaten Liverpool at Wembley. Crazy to think with a few erratic results and poorish for, against others around us

Was the 29th points tally before or after the Wolves result later that day? Remarkable we've lost 2 games during that spell and actually closed the gap at the top if that's the case.

Also, we'd have been top 3-4 hours ago if we had beaten Liverpool at Wembley. Crazy to think with a few erratic results and poorish for, against others around us

After the Wolves result.

However, City had ONLY played 19 games on the 29th December, which was a game less and now they have played a game more.

Our lack of draws is really helping us gain ground whenever anyone round us drops points.

Back
Top Bottom