"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting that this season we have won as many PL games this season as in whole of 15-16 when "chasing" Leicester for the title.

And let's be honest if we were back in N17 I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have lost some of the home games we have lost this season. Could easily have got results in all of those matches when you see how the games shaped up and how flat Wembley has become.

Incrementally we are getting better, our results prove that even if the feeling isn't quite so much

I love so much how much of an underdog we are in this race...by which I mean how much we are fighting against all the odds, and yet we still do so well. I feel like the underdog in life as I've had chronic physical and mental health problems so I can really identify with this team even more than I usually can. So proud of them. COYS let's fucking do this!

Dp9qfXYWkAA1EYT.jpg

I love so much how much of an underdog we are in this race...by which I mean how much we are fighting against all the odds, and yet we still do so well. I feel like the underdog in life as I've had chronic physical and mental health problems so I can really identify with this team even more than I usually can. So proud of them. COYS let's fucking do this!
But you've always had the quiet confidence of a man with a huge dick.

Using this seasons points per game City would end up on 91 and Pool on 94. But it's likely City will get a few more than this and Pool a few less. City in their 100 point season last year got 31 points in their last 12 games which would give them 93 points if they repeated that this season.

We currently have 57 points with 13 games left to play...

Here is how we have done in the last 13 games in the last 3 years (and how the eventual Champions did also):

17/18 - 48 to 77 - (29 points) - (City - 32)
16/17 - 50 to 86 - (36 points) - (Chelsea - 33)
15/16 - 48 to 70 - (22 points) - (Leicester - 28)

We will probably have to win every game to win it but we have had the best finish of anyone in the last few seasons with 36/39 points which would leave us on 93. Given our injuries and fixture list that is practically impossible but we can at least dream (for now!).

Last edited:
Using this seasons points per game City would end up on 91 and Pool on 94. But it's likely City will get a few more than this and Pool a few less. City in their 100 point season last year got 31 points in their last 12 games which would give them 93 points if they repeated that this season.

Here is how we have done in the last 13 games in the last 3 years (and how the eventual Champions did also).

We will probably have to win every game to win it but we have had the best finish of anyone in the last few seasons with 36/39 points which would leave us on 93. Given our injuries and fixture list that is practically impossible but we can at least dream (for now!).
One game at a time

Here is how we have done in the last 13 games in the last 3 years (and how the eventual Champions did also):

Amen... Thanks for those stats.

If we want to win the title we will need to win all the remaining games.

Having lost 6 times already that feels unlikely but we have to go game by game. Last time we started talking about the title we went and shat the bed at home to Wolves, this week we have a similar fixture so let’s see if we learned anything.

If we want to win the title we will need to win all the remaining games.

Having lost 6 times already that feels unlikely but we have to go game by game. Last time we started talking about the title we went and shat the bed at home to Wolves, this week we have a similar fixture so let’s see if we learned anything.

Draws do more harm than good. You could literally go the whole season unbeaten, drawing every game and get relegated. At ArtyB ArtyB said our lack of draws cushions the blow of lost points. If we match or better Liverpool & Man City's results over the next 5-6 games we'll still be in withna shot. Give me that every day of the month & I'll be happy

After Burnley, realistic scenario

Liverpool 65
City 63
Tottenham 63

City slip up today and United to win at home. :avbpray:

I think either way, with 2 wins in our next 2, we'll be 2 points off top.

Though I think City will be on 65 with Liverpool.

It's a great position to be in heading into Chelsea and Woolwich.

I am completely confident (unless we get fucked over by the officials which is entirely possible) that we are going to win the league.

I believe in this team and this manager and I think we have the guts and the mentality to do it.

If we can get to the Woolwich game without dropping any points and get Kane and Dele back then I honestly believe we will go unbeaten for the rest of the season.

Not entirely convinced we will go through against Dortmund though, CL with our injuries might be a bridge too far.

Next weekend could be a changer...City look like they are gonna give Chelsea a lesson here....so assume they are on 65pts with Liverpool going into next weekend (which City don’t play) it’s Liverpool and our game in hand, we go to Burnley and that is a must, the next day Liverpool go to Old Trafford. Be interesting to see if the Norwegian Elf is really all he’s cracked up to be after that one....So in a nutshell, the top 3 could be separated by 2/3pts after next weekend and all games equal.....
Then the cup finals begin....#COYS

Back
Top Bottom