Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would it be possible for you to criticize American "football" without resorting to personal insults? Just wondering.
I'll be honest on this one, no. The genesis of my piss take is that there are obese men playing what is billed as an elite sport. It's a joke and a mockery. The average distance run per game is 1 mile!!!

I'll hold my hands up and take it on the chin and 100% get your objection to my post and apologise if I've cause offence.

I'll be honest on this one, no. The genesis of my piss take is that there are obese men playing what is billed as an elite sport. It's a joke and a mockery. The average distance run per game is 1 mile!!!

I'll hold my hands up and take it on the chin and 100% get your objection to my post and apologise if I've cause offence.
I don't wish to hit you on the chin. I did not join this forum to make enemies. I just object to being called a 7 year old by someone from a country that has Premier League Darts. Do those guys run more than one mile?

I do so love every few months when we get back around to the 2nd fattest nation on the planet fat shaming the 1st fattest nation.

:chicco:

Theres much more to sport than endurance. Shotput not athletics? Powerlifting not athletics? Wrestling not athletics? Karate not athletics? There's plenty of sports that don't require running multiple miles each contest.

I don't wish to hit you on the chin. I did not join this forum to make enemies. I just object to being called a 7 year old by someone from a country that has Premier League Darts. Do those guys run more than one mile?
No, but the match-up between the two 'games' would make a close contest I feel, hard to pick who the winner would be, but if push came to shove the mile travelled during the game of the NFL players is at least run and would probably make for better preparation. For the Darts players, whilst the average person has a stride length of approximately 2.1 to 2.5 feet. That means that it takes over 2,000 steps to walk one mile. It gets a little complicated to narrow down the number of time the players will walk the 8ft from the oche to the board as all players during a tournament will spend on ave 4hrs per day on the practise boards away from the stage. After some furious googling found some stuff written by someone claiming to be on the pro-circuit who reckons he did 10-12,000 steps per day (5 miles). It's close call!

Fuck, that's one conf call out the way this morning. 6 more to go.

Last edited:
Could there be a bigger link planned between the Patriots, Kraft and us? He is into buying sports teams, has a wedge of cash and is Jewish? I'm probably making more of it than there is but deep down I do wonder if this is linked in part to the NFL deal...

No, but the match-up between the two 'games' would make a close contest I feel, hard to pick who the winner would be, but if push came to shove the mile travelled during the game of the NFL players is at least run and would probably make for better preparation. For the Darts players, whilst the average person has a stride length of approximately 2.1 to 2.5 feet. That means that it takes over 2,000 steps to walk one mile. It gets a little complicated to narrow down the number of time the players will walk the 8ft from the oche to the board as all players during a tournament will spend on ave 4hrs per day on the practise boards away from the stage. After some furious googling found some stuff written by someone claiming to be on the pro-circuit who reckons he did 10-12,000 steps per day (5 miles). It's close call!

Fuck, that's one conf call out the way this morning. 6 more to go.

Darts players do 5 times more distance than NFL players?. Now that is a stat i can use to good effect in the future. Got to get my timing right!.

Could there be a bigger link planned between the Patriots, Kraft and us? He is into buying sports teams, has a wedge of cash and is Jewish? I'm probably making more of it than there is but deep down I do wonder if this is linked in part to the NFL deal...

If they help us with our London franchise in our stadium they could be called the New England New England Patriots

In the words of the legendary Sid Waddell

Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete.

Darts players are probably a lot fitter than most footballers in overall
body strength.

There's no one quicker than these two tungsten tossers...

Dyo52ARUYAIvT-O.jpg

Back
Top Bottom