"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

haha..they will have a big editorial on what a job Klopp did, navigating them to a top 4 finish (or, if they finish in front of city, about how he competed against a team with a massive budget), and turning Liverpool into genuine title contenders

Remember Back To The Future where the images go missing from the photo....

That'll be our eventual title win year according to the Sky history books.

It's only natural for people to want to protect themselves from the hurt that can result from getting their hopes up, and there is good reason to do that given the history. But I will also say that feeling a certain way and saying it are different things, I'm sure far more people entertain the idea privately but don't want to say it out loud for all kinds of reasons, and fear may or may not be one of them.
It is fear IMO. But there really is no such thing as a jinx or hoo-doos etc. The only thing I see is fans from the teams that finish below us trotting out the "bottle jobs" comments so that they don't get called it for not even putting up a fight.

Not aimed at you but it's a good thing to finish 3rd, that requires no protection. If we lost out on the title on the last day by goal difference, I wouldn't be hurt, I don't need to protect myself from that. 1st, 2nd or 3rd is all fucking amazing, and I don't need to be cautious about any of these scenarios.

Something worth mentioning (from a media coverage perspective) - the midweek Man City game against Everton may actually be very advantageous to us, and I'm not talking about possible player fatigue before they face Chelsea on Sunday.

As we've seen, the pundits more often than not concentrate on the number of points/league position regardless of games in hand. City getting to play a game more than us, potentially drifting further ahead because of it, is just fine if it also helps keep us under the radar. Hell, they could lose it and still stay in 2nd temporarily, keeping the heat off us.

I don't know exactly when we make that extra game up in the league... can anyone tell me?

We really really do better staying under the radar.

I feel dirty wanting West Ham to win tomorrow! :wansum:
SneakyBewitchedGalapagossealion-size_restricted.gif

Something worth mentioning (from a media coverage perspective) - the midweek Man City game against Everton may actually be very advantageous to us, and I'm not talking about possible player fatigue before they face Chelsea on Sunday.

As we've seen, the pundits more often than not concentrate on the number of points/league position regardless of games in hand. City getting to play a game more than us, potentially drifting further ahead because of it, is just fine if it also helps keep us under the radar. Hell, they could lose it and still stay in 2nd temporarily, keeping the heat off us.

I don't know exactly when we make that extra game up in the league... can anyone tell me?

We really really do better staying under the radar.

Against Burnley (24th Feb) when they’ll be playing the racists in the League Cup final

Of course, 4pts to 2nd is a lot better for Liverpool, than 2? City’s win means anything other than a win for them tomorrow is bad news. Plus, the Gooners lost, what’s not to like about that?!
Imagine if Liverpool drop points, now we have to wait for City to drop points as well. Theres no point in finishing 2nd behind city. If city had lost points already, then all we need is for liverpool to do the same. It will be harder to finish first if theres two teams to overtake rather than one.

No, you implied what I said was his pre-match team talk..

Keep giving it and not taking it.

Ummm, you do know I don't really believe that don't you?

....Was your post to the tune of' "-3% chance" not serious either?

In which case I apologies for not noting your satirical intentions.

Otherwise, cheer up goth....

Ummm, you do know I don't really believe that don't you?

....Was your post to the tune of' "-3% chance" not serious either?

In which case I apologies for not noting your satirical intentions.

Otherwise, cheer up goth....

My first post was fact. Your reply was sarcastic. My reply was satire. Then you had a hissy fit.

What’s worse is there were some spurs fans hoping Woolwich win and get closer to us and CL football.

Fixed.

:allitongue:

As I have written elsewhere we need to go to city, pool and Chelsea and win all 3 games to have a chance of winning the league.

And really we should have taken 3 points off Woolwich rather than support them against city.

Or beaten city ourselves at home.

Or beaten watford.

Or beaten united at home.

You get the point. Fact is it’s down to us not others. We are just as likely to lose those 3 away games as win them. That’s the reality of our season.
We don’t do draws.

Interesting phase of the season that's for sure.

A lot will happen in the next month.

If our more realistic aim Premier League-wise is top 4 then 21 more points will secure that I feel. Probably 18 in truth.

You look (not too long) at United and Woolwich and they would need to amass 30 and 31 points respectively and I just cannot see that being likely out of a possible 39 points remaining. We have created such a buffer.

But tonight is a key match. If Liverpool fail to win then it really is game on.

Back
Top Bottom