"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bookies odds = facts?

Hope someone else holds ya purse strings....

If you disagree with them then have a bet. I don't bet because I do tend to see that they generally get chances, at the time of betting, correct.

So yes, the ~% of chance is a fact. Obviously if West Ham win, our chance increases. Until that happens, our chance was better before Wolves.

I'm sorry you disagree. I forgive you for being a bellend.

25/1 feels about right to me. Those odds might drop a little if West Ham pull something out the bag tonight (hahahaha) but Liverpool have been virtually unassailable at home for two seasons and we haven't even got a 'home'. It would take a collapse of Devon Loch proportions for us to win it.

If you disagree with them then have a bet. I don't bet because I do tend to see that they generally get chances, at the time of betting, correct.

So yes, the ~% of chance is a fact. Obviously if West Ham win, our chance increases. Until that happens, our chance was better before Wolves.

I'm sorry you disagree. I forgive you for being a bellend.

Cool story bro...

Maybe stick a grand on the favourites.... Easy money.

I agree with you, but at the same time I hope that doesn't render the word cunt entirely off limits.

(I do also like Git, Knob, Bastard & Asshole, but they all lack that certain universal pizzazz.)

Add a mix of Gooner maggot troll scum and that will help you through

The fact that we definitely are in the mix and we are talking about our third title challenge now under Poch is enough for me

25/1 odds about right

50/1 against South Stand Billy singing the Bubbles song tonight prior to kick off!!

:hugoshock:

After Harry Redknapp ripping into Gary Neville after his comments about Spurs, Neville felt the need to come out and defend himself on the subject. He doesn’t believe Spurs are in the title race because they don’t have the squad to compete.
Having “no” squad depth, and pundits playing that song like a fucking broken record really winds me up.
Sure, we would love Messi on the bench to call upon when needed, but we don’t, who does?
Have any of these pundits actually seen our injury list? Yet here we are, sitting either 4pts, 5pts or 7pts of the league leaders pending Monday night football.
If Neville’s honest opinion was that he thinks City or Liverpool have that little points cushion, are getting the rub of the green with injuries and have a favorable run in then I could accept his opinion on the subject.
Another thing, instead of just banging on about not spending money and we don’t have a squad to compete, why not actually compliment us on actually just keeping pace with the “ supposedly shit squad we do have” highlighting the injuries we actually do have.
I’m no expert here, but I can assure anyone with as much confidence I can possibly muster, that if Liverpool, had Salah, Ferminho and Mane missing for long periods, nearly always missing one of their back 4 week in week out, Including VVD occasionally, playing their home games at the Millennium stadium Cardiff they would be hanging on to a top 4 spot at best.

#he’s Magic you know #COYS

After Harry Redknapp ripping into Gary Neville after his comments about Spurs, Neville felt the need to come out and defend himself on the subject. He doesn’t believe Spurs are in the title race because they don’t have the squad to compete.
Having “no” squad depth, and pundits playing that song like a fucking broken record really winds me up.
Sure, we would love Messi on the bench to call upon when needed, but we don’t, who does?
Have any of these pundits actually seen our injury list? Yet here we are, sitting either 4pts, 5pts or 7pts of the league leaders pending Monday night football.
If Neville’s honest opinion was that he thinks City or Liverpool have that little points cushion, are getting the rub of the green with injuries and have a favorable run in then I could accept his opinion on the subject.
Another thing, instead of just banging on about not spending money and we don’t have a squad to compete, why not actually compliment us on actually just keeping pace with the “ supposedly shit squad we do have” highlighting the injuries we actually do have.
I’m no expert here, but I can assure anyone with as much confidence I can possibly muster, that if Liverpool, had Salah, Ferminho and Mane missing for long periods, nearly always missing one of their back 4 week in week out, Including VVD occasionally, playing their home games at the Millennium stadium Cardiff they would be hanging on to a top 4 spot at best.

This Forum has been going for 7 and a bit years. Where the fuck were you for 7 of ‘em?

If we are still keeping apace by the time we move ‘home’, then I think anything is possible. Yes, two very tough away games at Pool and City but no more Wembley will give the players and fans such a boost, who knows………

Something worth mentioning (from a media coverage perspective) - the midweek Man City game against Everton may actually be very advantageous to us, and I'm not talking about possible player fatigue before they face Chelsea on Sunday.

As we've seen, the pundits more often than not concentrate on the number of points/league position regardless of games in hand. City getting to play a game more than us, potentially drifting further ahead because of it, is just fine if it also helps keep us under the radar. Hell, they could lose it and still stay in 2nd temporarily, keeping the heat off us.

I don't know exactly when we make that extra game up in the league... can anyone tell me?

We really really do better staying under the radar.
I fear Everton are going to get an absolute battering in this game.

I read an article by Sam Allad

Sam Allardyce reckons we should be complimented for achieving our league position with no signings .I started reading the article and was expecting another slating, but no, he was full of praise.

Don’t know why people seem quite sure that Liverpool are going to drop points today. Every time they have dropped any points thus far they have responded the next game with a win.

I hope they do but doubt they will, the pikeys are fucking shit the dippers will smash them unfortunately.:pochunimpressed:

25/1 feels about right to me. Those odds might drop a little if West Ham pull something out the bag tonight (hahahaha) but Liverpool have been virtually unassailable at home for two seasons and we haven't even got a 'home'. It would take a collapse of Devon Loch proportions for us to win it.

I agree but Liverpool are a Van Dijk or even a Salah injury from being in a bad place.

Klopp is struggling a bit. You can sense that. He will know but not say how important them winning today is. A draw means 4 points dropped in 2 games and that City can go top on Wednesday. Psychologically that would hit Liveroool hard.

It's City who will be harder to reel in if Liveroool falter.

We are the big outsiders but I would be absolutely staggered if we were not within 3 points of whoever is top if we win our next 3 games.

At that stage we would nearly also be assured of a top 4 finish in my opinion.

Last edited:
Don’t know why people seem quite sure that Liverpool are going to drop points today. Every time they have dropped any points thus far they have responded the next game with a win.

I hope they do but doubt they will, the pikeys are fucking shit the dippers will smash them unfortunately.:pochunimpressed:

I have no idea but West Ham or Leicester are the worst 2 teams outside of the top 6 to play, home or away, because both are so unpredictable.

Wolves have been better than both but are much more of an even keel. Playing well trouble. Poorly, not so much.

Klopp: "Hold my beer."

I read an article by Sam Allad

Sam Allardyce reckons we should be complimented for achieving our league position with no signings .I started reading the article and was expecting another slating, but no, he was full of praise.

He knows that we will need a manager when Poch leaves us for United/PSG/Real/Chelsea/Woolwich etc.

Premier League top seven since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took over
Team
P W D L GF GA GD Points
Man Utd 8 7 1 0 20 6 14 22
Tottenham 8 6 0 2 20 8 12 18
Man City 8 5 0 3 18 10 8 15
Liverpool 6 4 1 1 16 7 9 13
Wolves 7 4 1 2 14 11 3 13
Woolwich 7 4 1 2 13 10 3 13
Chelsea 8 4 1 3 10 9 1 13

Interesting form table over the last 8 games. Made up 5 points on Chelsea, likewise with Liverpool with them having two games in hand over that duration.

Chelsea with a +1 GD over the last 8 games & that includes the 5-0 win against Huddersfield

Back
Top Bottom