Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich are 5th and United 6th, they are the ones who should be desperately looking for buys to compete to make that top 4 happen

Or maybe its actually existing team and manager thats more important, funny that

I think all of Utd, Scum and Chelsea were reluctant to sign players as they aren't sure they will have the same manager long term......

He just said he wanted us to sign players mate.

The example of words being twisted he gave is people saying he's happy with no signings. He just said he will get on with it.
I know what he said mate. He's having a gentle dig at the press for twisting his words, he's trying to convey that
a) He/we are always looking to sign players
b) If we do or don't manage this is because of a number of factors. Not that he's been let down, not backed.
c) That he's happy and happy with his squad. It's always portrayed that a club that does little business = a Manager that's unhappy.

I sat and watched Poch in his presser today, I went in feeling pretty positive despite us not doing any business again and I have to say, hand on heart, I don’t think Levy is pulling out all the stops for him and I think Poch knows it as well.

This is obviously guess work from me and reading between the lines a bit so I could be and most likely am completely off base but this is how I read him today.

Poch is happy to work with this team and these players and basically what he is saying is, he isn’t going to kick up a fuss about not getting signings but then he is also saying he wants glory and so do the players and in order to get that he feels we will need signings and he wanted signings, both in this window and last summer.

His reasoning behind us not getting those signings was unclear but based on him saying that him and the club don’t always agree, his general attitude in that presser today and the fact that he is unclear on why we couldn’t it seems to point to me that our chairman is not doing what he should be doing for our manager which is incredibly disappointing if true and considering Levy has a known track record for this it would not surprise me in the slightest.

I don’t see how we are failing to acquire targets that Poch wants, would players really turn us down? I can’t imagine that would be the case, if it’s a financial issue then, well I am sorry but Levy really has to back the manager, we are either ambitious or we are stagnating, which one is it? Is top four going to be our everything like everyone claims? Because if Levy doesn’t back him and get him targets it will be our everything even if Poch and the players and the fans don’t want it to be.

I also think the only reason VJ is getting back into the squad is because we are frankly desperate for backup options.

Watch his presser and tell me if I am wrong, I probably am but that’s the impression I got from him today.

Also, the part about the press “twisting his words” was him saying the press are always making him out to be happy no matter what happens and he corrected that today and said he is happy with the squad but he wants us to win things and nobody is satisfied with not winning things, all the players are competitive.

My avatar could be a mackintosh brigade member fiddling about and doing some heavy breathing over the phone OR it could be the Inner Poch right about now?
I know that’s what I’d be feeling with Levy but Poch does seem a pretty cool customer. I just hope his patience, vision and commitment is not pushed to breaking point. If he is about to explode I would never play poker with him then.

This just further clarifies my concerns about Levy, I think Poch knows he is not putting 100% into trying to get targets, that’s the impression I got from his presser today and I haven’t felt this way up until this point.
Ever heard of confirmation bias?
There's quite a few here with it...
I honestly believe that if Pochettino did an interview discussing his favourite fruit people would find a way of making it about Levy, if he liked Kiwi fruit they would say" See, he likes stuff that's hairy...he's actually saying he hates Levy"...

Incredible isn't it, Poch actually says he's happy with the squad, actually says the players he wanted we couldn't get, actually says he can't believe the false rumours, actually says he's a person who is so happy and confident that his ideas are the same as his chairmen's, actually says in reality if you see the table then of course we are there, there's much more he says but you get the point ....

and yet the same half dozen posters (we all know who they are) somehow make this into a complaint against Levy and a hidden threat to explode ... you couldn't make it up, except of course some people do

This just further clarifies my concerns about Levy, I think Poch knows he is not putting 100% into trying to get targets, that’s the impression I got from his presser today and I haven’t felt this way up until this point.

It's a ridicukous situation where a club our size can do no business.

If Pochettino is playing the party line then the one question that we should ask ourselves would be why?

That would be the only element that I feel suggests he is accepting of the situation.

But it's very weird.

49906951_1030028417205691_7869116101587616305_n.jpg

I sat and watched Poch in his presser today, I went in feeling pretty positive despite us not doing any business again and I have to say, hand on heart, I don’t think Levy is pulling out all the stops for him and I think Poch knows it as well.

This is obviously guess work from me and reading between the lines a bit so I could be and most likely am completely off base but this is how I read him today.

Poch is happy to work with this team and these players and basically what he is saying is, he isn’t going to kick up a fuss about not getting signings but then he is also saying he wants glory and so do the players and in order to get that he feels we will need signings and he wanted signings, both in this window and last summer.

His reasoning behind us not getting those signings was unclear but based on him saying that him and the club don’t always agree, his general attitude in that presser today and the fact that he is unclear on why we couldn’t it seems to point to me that our chairman is not doing what he should be doing for our manager which is incredibly disappointing if true and considering Levy has a known track record for this it would not surprise me in the slightest.

I don’t see how we are failing to acquire targets that Poch wants, would players really turn us down? I can’t imagine that would be the case, if it’s a financial issue then, well I am sorry but Levy really has to back the manager, we are either ambitious or we are stagnating, which one is it? Is top four going to be our everything like everyone claims? Because if Levy doesn’t back him and get him targets it will be our everything even if Poch and the players and the fans don’t want it to be.

I also think the only reason VJ is getting back into the squad is because we are frankly desperate for backup options.

Watch his presser and tell me if I am wrong, I probably am but that’s the impression I got from him today.

Also, the part about the press “twisting his words” was him saying the press are always making him out to be happy no matter what happens and he corrected that today and said he is happy with the squad but he wants us to win things and nobody is satisfied with not winning things, all the players are competitive.

100%.

No fcuking spin needed by anyone.

He wanted players and said as much. Not one but maybe 2 or 3. Not a fcuking bean. Not even a loan signing.

What has probably kept Pochettino in the hot seat is that City, United and Liverpool did nothing, Chelsea and Woolwich not much either, so maybe the line from Levy is that targets were inordinately priced.

Now I don't know the real truth. No one does but if we get top 4 again that will be incredible but surely we want glory? That has to mean investment.

Pochettino sanctioned or agreed the sale of Dembele and openly wanted Janssen off the books and moved on N'Koudou. There is no logic in that unless he genuinely expected players were coming in. Nada.

So here we are. 14 games to go. A good position but one with additions that could have surely been even better. No signings for a whole year and counting. 10th biggest income in world football, and all the other atrractions and still fcuk all.

Pochettino has every right to walk if he feels this non-signing is the new norm. If he gets no reassurances that a sizeable transfer budget will be given to him in summer. If a new contract is not signed by Eriksen.

There is no doubt now. We have heard him say he wants glory, wanted new players, that he and the club don't always agree and that he is not always as happy as the media paint out.

So those of us who saw it like that were right. The only real doubt is the extent to which Pochettino recognises the difficulties of signing the quality of player he wants.

But as I have said, we are a top club operating on a mid-table budget.

First Pochettino will question the ambition, then the players and then they will want out.

It cannot continue.

Last edited:
Ever get the feeling some people have you on ignore...it's as if they exist in a separate dimension and sometimes we catch a glimpse of it by some weird bending of the space time continuum...

100%.

No fcuking spin needed by anyone.

He wanted players and said as much. Not one but maybe 2 or 3. Not a fcuking bean. Not even a loan signing.

What has probably kept Pochettino in the hot seat is that City, United and Liverpool did nothing, Chelsea and Woolwich not much either, so maybe the line from Levy is that targets were inordinately priced.

Now I don't know the real truth. No one does but if we get top 4 again that will be incredible but surely we want glory? That has to mean investment.

Pochettino sanctioned or agreed the sale of Dembele and openly wanted Janssen off the books and moved on N'Koudou. There is no logic in that unless he genuinely expected players were coming in. Nada.

So here we are. 14 games to go. A good position but one with additions that could have surely been even better. No signings for a whole year and counting. 10th biggest income in world football, and all the other atrractions and still fcuk all.

Pochettino has every right to walk if he feels this non-signing is the new norm. If he gets no reassurances that a sizeable transfer budget will be given to him in summer. If a new contract is not signed by Eriksen.

There is no doubt now. We have heard him say he wants glory, wanted new players, that he and the club don't always agree and that he is not always as happy as the media paint out.

So those of us who saw it like that were right. The only real doubt is the extent to which Pochettino recognises the difficulties of signing the quality of player he wants.

But as I have said, we sre a top club operating on a mid-table budget.

First Pochettino will question the ambition, then the players and then they will want out.

It cannot continue.
You OK hun?

Back
Top Bottom