January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

876837-14912710797643309.jpg

I think Batshuayi is actually a decent box finisher, he's just not great anywhere else and teams like us and Chelsea want more from forwards.

I think Palace are a team who've struggled to finish simple chances, and Batshuayi might just do a job for them.

Also, I think if we aren't going to have huge money to spend on a top notch CM, then I really don't know why Tielemans at 30m wouldn't have been worth Poch considering, he's a fuck load better 8 than Sissoko, and he's 9 years younger.

Nearly everyone on here who tried to justify us shying away from the summer window were beefing themselves up by claiming we'd strengthen in January.
Well, we've actually gone and weakened the squad in January.

To pinch a line from Totti, only a deluded plank of wood could disagree with this.

Let the excuses begin........

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom