January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I had to Google the first guy. Why are you so confident that these 3 would be a success, when you are so iffy about, say, Ndombele?
I'm not.

But they won't command a 75m+ fee.

Ricardo Rodriguez has probably been the most consistent left backs in Europe for the past 3 years.

What I'm getting at is, we can get those 3 far easier for a little more outlay than getting into a transfer battle with the big dogs for a guy that, whilst obviously talented, hasn't proven himself.

Last edited:
I’m very dubious of James Rodriguez, he’s living off one tournament 5 years ago. If he were any good then Real Madrid and Bayern wouldn’t be so desperate to get rid of him.

He’s got a lot of talent but his wage must be huge and I don’t think he’s the right fit for Poch’s system. Very much a luxury player.

Ricardo Rodriguez has probably been the most consistent right back in Europe for the past 3 years.
QuaintReliableBison-size_restricted.gif

James is better than Eriksen mate in terms of quality.

No doubt in my mind.

And I think James needs to be the big fish in a relatively small pound.

Would be an absolute peach of a player for us.

Not Pochettino's type, too expensive and probably would have zero interest in joining us.

He’s not even close to Eriksen.

And I’d take Son over him too.

I'm not.

But they won't command a 75m+ fee.

Ricardo Rodriguez has probably been the most consistent right back in Europe for the past 3 years.

What I'm getting at is, we can get those 3 far easier for a little more outlay than getting into a transfer battle with the big dogs for a guy that, whilst obviously talented, hasn't proven himself.

He's a left back buddy.

He's having a horrendous season. But maybe that'll drive his price down. I think it'd be a good signing even if Ferland Mendy would be better suited.

He's a left back buddy.

He's having a horrendous season. But maybe that'll drive his price down. I think it'd be a good signing even if Ferland Mendy would be better suited.
Yea, my bad. I know that. Poor typing.

He's been fine this season. He's working under a manager with very little tactical nous.

We all know what Poch does with full backs. Rodriguez has the best base level to work from and will be decently priced.

Back
Top Bottom