January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And three is better than one
giphy.gif

:pochfacepalm:
Our 3rd and 4th choice goalkeepers aren't world class either, let's replace them before adding to areas of the first team that need sorting out. Ridiculous logic

But strikers are'nt goalkeepers....a quality striker (who will be 2nd striker, not 3rd or 4th) could win us points late in games.

Why would you compare that to upgrading Vorm?
I know you dont think its the same, so why say it?

Interesting that this has debate has come up while we risk losing Kane.

We've done great in the past when Kanes been injured, but anyone telling me they would feel better signing a RB than a better striker than Llorente should Kane be ruled out for 5wks, well....I think you're lying.

I'll give you 45 minutes of Son, Dele and Lamela blasting 1 on 1s at the keepers shins before you admit it

I love the fact that we seem to be the only club NOT allowed to buy a striker, as (The media keeps reminding us) "who wants to just be a back up to Kane?"
...and yet when other clubs buy strikers, (as the media keeps reminding us) it's "a show of intent, and gives them strength in depth..."
Yet when we DON'T sign someone, as (The media keeps reminding us) we're "tight arsed, with no ambition" and don't deserve Top 4!
We can't win!!
Yes we can. Act like a fucking big club and buy a striker good enough and keen enough to challenge Kane for his place.

Yes we can. Act like a fucking big club and buy a striker good enough and keen enough to challenge Kane for his place.

I totally agree John here.

For years Ive been slated for not wanting signings....the day I say we should sign better than Llorente and Janssen, I have people chasing me around the forum screaming that signing better strikers WILL NOT improve the squad and its a total waste of time

WHAT THE FUCK

Also add that some people seem to have overlooked the fact that Son is away for a month now too......

Yeah lets stick with Llorente as our only option up top and make a cheeky bid for Azpilucueta

Wasn’t expecting us to sign anyone, would be surprised if we have any money beyond selling players like Llorente, Dembele and Janssen and some other stragglers. So probably £50m absolute tops, which these days is entry level into decent ‘good to go’ player bracket.

Any gems in the last 200 pages of cuntoff?

But strikers are'nt goalkeepers....a quality striker (who will be 2nd striker, not 3rd or 4th) could win us points late in games.

Why would you compare that to upgrading Vorm?
I know you dont think its the same, so why say it?
Son is our second striker, name me a team in world football who has a 3rd striker of real quality. After city came 4th in peps first season he didn't go, let's get in lacazette for when aguero and Jesus are having an off day, he looked at the areas of his first team that were weak (full back ) and replaced them, next season they won the league .

Back
Top Bottom