New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh well, in 100 years he will have his statue outside it. It’s late, that’s all there is to it...

No one cares the Chunnel was late anymore do they

There is pragmatism and then defending him at all costs , I'd suggest you are edging towards the latter.

I've already said it will be worth the wait doesn't mean the past few months have been acceptable.

There is pragmatism and then defending him at all costs , I'd suggest you are edging towards the latter.

I've already said it will be worth the wait doesn't mean the past few months have been acceptable.

Well are you accepting it?
You just said it will be worth the wait......so you are either accepting it, or boycotting.

There is no choice but to accept, we can either whine, or be excited.

Your choice and fuck all to do with defending Levy.

Well they have been acceptable because there is no other choice that to accept what is going on.

Well they have been acceptable because there is no other choice that to accept what is going on.

Does acceptance mean you can't criticize? Does it mean you fantc ask questions as to why it's taken so long , why has it happened?

Let's be clear the club sold tickets for it so of they were a normal business the shit would be hotthit the fan, as it is they get grace because we're fans not customers.

I'm very pragmatic about the whole thing but that doesn't mean I can't think that the whole thing has been a pr nightmare for the club.

Does acceptance mean you can't criticize? Does it mean you fantc ask questions as to why it's taken so long , why has it happened?

Let's be clear the club sold tickets for it so of they were a normal business the shit would be hotthit the fan, as it is they get grace because we're fans not customers.

I'm very pragmatic about the whole thing but that doesn't mean I can't think that the whole thing has been a pr nightmare for the club.

You can criticise and ask questions, but unless you are able to do anything about it, you'll also have to accept it.

What should surely be an option considered by the club now is perhaps to play our final home game of the season there, whet the appetite for next season, and fully adjust to it during pre season this summer.
Playing 4 or 5 home games there is incredibly risky IMO, especially if we're in any way shape or form in with a shout for the title.

On a side note I must say I find it quite unbelievable how lax the FA and Uefa have about the whole thing. I thought they would be after royally fucking us over at this point. Pleasantly surprised.

If you pay to have a house built and the builders fuck it up, is it your fault?

What has been piss poor from Levy/ENIC is the communication (or lack of it) to the fans.

Spurs/Levy/ENIC are all waiting to be told whether the testing process is complete - and nobody knows how long that will take to find and deal with the various issues. So at each stage MACE is saying 'I don't know how long but its not going to be within the next [2 months], which is a perfectly sensible reply if you cannot be certain.

In turn Spurs are relaying that information.

What is the point in expecting a weekly update - you are being told its a lengthy process and when we might get the news of a firm date of getting back to NWHL.

Its a sod of a situation - but that's how real life works.

Not sure why you would think it is risky to play the last few games at the new ground. Think the adrenalin and buzz will be like an extra man for our players. Wembley always a bigger risk in my humble opinion.

Spurs/Levy/ENIC are all waiting to be told whether the testing process is complete - and nobody knows how long that will take to find and deal with the various issues. So at each stage MACE is saying 'I don't know how long but its not going to be within the next [2 months], which is a perfectly sensible reply if you cannot be certain.

In turn Spurs are relaying that information.

What is the point in expecting a weekly update - you are being told its a lengthy process and when we might get the news of a firm date of getting back to NWHL.

Its a sod of a situation - but that's how real life works.
Fair enough mate, but I thought I’d throw Bill a bone.

Not sure why you would think it is risky to play the last few games at the new ground. Think the adrenalin and buzz will be like an extra man for our players. Wembley always a bigger risk in my humble opinion.
Could well be right fella, but on the flip side what if there was an adjustment period and we dropped crucial points?
We know we can win at Wembley, even if it is a kip.

What should surely be an option considered by the club now is perhaps to play our final home game of the season there, whet the appetite for next season, and fully adjust to it during pre season this summer.
Playing 4 or 5 home games there is incredibly risky IMO, especially if we're in any way shape or form in with a shout for the title.

On a side note I must say I find it quite unbelievable how lax the FA and Uefa have about the whole thing. I thought they would be after royally fucking us over at this point. Pleasantly surprised.

Wembley is only allowed to hold a fixed number of events per year per an agreement with Brent Council as part of the planning agreement to build Wembley. Spurs and the FA jointly applied to Brent for a licence to hold additional events (solely to be used for Spurs games) and whilst this licence was granted it came with restricted attendances.

Spurs have a 'pay as you play' deal with Wembley and Spurs playing at Wembley has transformed both Wembley and the FA's finances over the last season and a half - and that is why they have been extremely helpful and supportive during our extended stay.

Spurs will decide once testing has been complete when to go back to NWHL, and there have been numerous posts showing its significantly financially advantageous for Spurs to move into NWHL asap. I'm sure Poch will have his input but the Wolves game shows that Wembley is not necessarily a safe bet for Spurs to play their remaining games there.

image.php

Aliens were so surprised at the latest delay they sent a space craft to have a look !

Back
Top Bottom