Woolwich Scum Away 12.45 Sat 17 Nov@ the Effemirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whatever. I dont care how many games people go to and never feel the need to belittle someone who goes less. I find that pathetic.

I moved abroad, I work and I cant always swan off on a Saturday return flight. I go a few times a season, pay my membership and support the club as I best can. When I was still in England I went more often. Whats it to you?

What the fuck has it got to do with Adebayors red? Nothing, but because I think its a straight red, you try and cunt me off because you was at the game and I wasnt?

You made yourself look obnoxious there imo, and no amount of trying to conversate your way out of it will change that. Like I said, be careful not to slate Brigante too hard. You aint much better.

What does it have to do with the red card?

I was there, my opinion is formed on nothing other than what I actually saw - the officials make their decision in exactly the same circumstances.........there are no replays, there are no gifs - just real time, real life.

Worst. Birthday. Ever. :defoe:
4vn0vs.png

Have to say Webb is generally pro ManU, so agree here. Although I know quite a few ManU fans and they would be for Spurs and against Goons, so by that rationale, so would Webb be.

Personally, I don't think Ade deserved a red card as I like my football with a bit of blood and thunder, but the law states that if a player isn't in control of the tackle, they get a red. I don't think Ade was in control there (ie, no way could he have pulled out in time), so by that and other recent "studs up" red cards, it was a red.

Certainly, if had been a Goon flying in like that on one of ours, I'd have a fucking contract out on him, let alone applaud the red.

Webb is pro himself - it just happens that the easiest way to further his career is to stay on side with Ferguson all of the time.

Sometimes it's in his interests to help Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool, City......even us - generally the club that is expected to win a game will when Webb is ref

Thanks guys, I needed that. I could do with Benni holding me for a while right about now. Not Ade though, he might go in too recklessly and hack my leg...

What does it have to do with the red card?

I was there, my opinion is formed on nothing other than what I actually saw - the officials make their decision in exactly the same circumstances.........there are no replays, there are no gifs - just real time, real life.

No. For clarity, what does me not managing to get to as many games as you have to do with Ade's red?

I said that the problem with judging that challenge from the stands was that basically, you cant see as well.

Your answer was something like "sorry for actually attending a match".

Come on, in front of the whole forum, please explain. Justify your stance. You wanna dig me out because you think I dont go to enough matches? Is that it?

Id really like to know what you meant.

Webb is pro himself - it just happens that the easiest way to further his career is to stay on side with Ferguson all of the time.

Sometimes it's in his interests to help Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool, City......even us - generally the club that is expected to win a game will when Webb is ref
And obviously each to his own, but I'd be going fucking mental if Cazorla had went through Ade like that. I can understand not thinking it was a red at the time, heat of the action, fair distance away, etc. However, I am very surprised you still don't think it warranted a red after further viewings.

Suppose it shows its all about interpretation of the laws.

LOL at 'In front of the whole forum' (no offence Sammy, that sentence just made me laugh)

Well he's tried to mug me off in front the whole forum so Id like him to explain to everyone why he thinks his comment was

a) relevent
b) neccessary
c) any different to the things he slates Carlito Brigante for

This topic of is also being discussed in another thread. This "better fan than you" attitude thats crept in around here. WTF?

And obviously each to his own, but I'd be going fucking mental if Cazorla had went through Ade like that. I can understand not thinking it was a red at the time, heat of the action, fair distance away, etc. However, I am very surprised you still don't think it warranted a red after further viewings.

Suppose it shows its all about interpretation of the laws.

I think it looks worse in slow motion replay.

Watch the Hangeland sending off from today and the exact opposite is true, first off it looks terrible - then when you see it replayed and slowed down it doesn't even look like a foul.

Both Ade and Hangeland got the ball. Both great tackles twenty years ago. Unfortunately, that doesn't matter as far as the law is concerned. Both feet off the ground equals not in control.

Does make me wonder about jumping for headers.....

My dad left at half time, he told me he couldn't bare them gloating. I stayed right to the end and I thought to myself when it was 4-1 that I didn't care if this goes to 7 or 8-1, I just didnt want it to end. I was proud of our team and our fans in that second half. I was proud of Dawsons tackle on Walnutt, Sandros being his usual beast, Tom Carroll being as composed as ever in his first PL NLD.
I dont think our fans would have reacted like we did had there not been any 1882 events. The 5 or so minutes yid army was quality. Could you imagine if it was the other way round? They were 4-1 down at the lane with 20 minutes left and down to 10 men, there would be about 10 left in their end.

Sky Sports showing the "classic" match against United from 2001, as if I wasn't feeling down enough this weekend. Wankers. :gomes:

First time to that shit hole and wont be the last. Just would have liked to have 11 men a bit longer than that. Killed it. Kept singing though unlike some proper berks who suddenly lost their voices when we went 4-1 down. At least get behind the team till the end, anything can happen and has done before.

And being caught on TV was a small victory.

I'm not overly proud of the team. The capitulated, lacked discipline and gifted the game to a team we are better than.

Huddlestone was complete shit, couldn't take a set piece, blind passing on the edge of our box, losing Mertersaker for their first goal and being out of position constantly. Walker spent far too long in the middle of the pitch, especially for the second goal. He did the same thing against City for their equaliser.

Adebayor was playing so well, we were utterly dominant, he has to take a large share of the blame. For anyone to say it wasn't a red card is one eyed. If it were the other way around I would expect a red card. Perhaps most importantly, Adebayor knew straight away.

The fact that we had so much possession in the second half was because they didn't need to force the game, allowed us to push forward and hit us on the break. There was nothing we could do about that, we had to attack.

Lloris, Dawson, Bale (mostly, though not entirely) and Vertonghen are the only players that come out of that match with some semblance of pride.

I thought, giving it a day or two would help me to structure a more coherent response but I'm still fucking livid. Twice in 9 months we have been bent over and fucked by them lot.

Back
Top Bottom