New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does this count as one of the test events?
I'm not 100% but given that 6000 people are being allowed access would suggest so. I'm no expert if i'm honest but this suggests to me that any wiring issue (at least in the south stand) has been passed safety inspection as there would be no way this would happen without critical systems (fire alarms/sprinklers) not being functional.

The post from Spurs suggests it is a test event without actually calling it so. They mention testing the ticketing and access systems for one thing.

According to the blurb I thought that whole point of charging the £1 was simply to test the activation of the ST card and the access points into the stadium (like the contact things on TFL it seems).

image.php

Scaffolding off the first of the ventilation shafts (3rd from camera) and a lot of the temporary wooden covering (put down to protect paving from machinery) has been removed from just outside the centre of south stand.

The rest of the other ventilation towers were being worked on (bricks put round metal framework etc) so scaffolding on the others likely to come down soon.

I's guess there's less than a week's work (maybe only 2 or 3 days) left on the cladding to do on west side of south stand after which side much of the rest of the wooden flooring will come up.

That would just leave cosmetic work and some planting to do on south podium, removal of the crane and putting hoardings around the foundations for flats and hotel.

Beginning of the handover of the entire south podium from builders to club ! :thumbup::thumbup::D:D

Good of the club to monitor this thread and put out an announcement First fan familiarisation event date confirmed | Tottenham Hotspur within a couple of hours confirming my post earlier today (above) that the south podium would be cleared before 16 December. :D:D:D

With 6,000 visitors in 2 batches (so 3,000 at one time), I guess the club have not received 100% assurance that all the 'critical safety systems' issues have been 100% resolved and tested as of today - but I imagine this will follow shortly with a date for a 2nd event for more like 50,000 visitors.

But the event on 16 December will test out a lot of systems, staff familiarisation with the stadium etc which is useful stuff for the club, as well as an interesting tour for the fans

Last edited:
This will not be an official "Test" event, it's to small ... we will be required to complete two official test events probably 30,000 and 50,000+ ... we may get away with just one but that would require some special dispensations and after Grenfell don't hold your breath, these event(s) cannot be held until all the ground safety certificates are in place, these event(s) will be the final steps in getting our FLA licence ...

It's have been told (by a very exited young man) that we now have the required permissions for public access to several areas of the ground, including the entire South Stand ... this is because the South Stand is relatively 'simple' in terms of interior and systems ... it's just a big, mostly empty, metal and glass shell ...

MACE would not confirm dates today but did express 'a high degree of confidence' that all safety certificates will soon be received ... tests are not yet complete, but the critical areas that previously failed have apparently now passed ...

Just wish I could be there on the 16th ... I am led to understand that the lucky bastards who do turn up are going to get quite a show ...

This will not be an official "Test" event, it's to small ... we will be required to complete two official test events probably 30,000 and 50,000+ ... we may get away with just one but that would require some special dispensations and after Grenfell don't hold your breath, these event(s) cannot be held until all the ground safety certificates are in place, these event(s) will be the final steps in getting our FLA licence ...

It's have been told (by a very exited young man) that we now have the required permissions for public access to several areas of the ground, including the entire South Stand ... this is because the South Stand is relatively 'simple' in terms of interior and systems ... it's just a big, mostly empty, metal and glass shell ...

MACE would not confirm dates today but did express 'a high degree of confidence' that all safety certificates will soon be received ... tests are not yet complete, but the critical areas that previously failed have apparently now passed ...

Just wish I could be there on the 16th ... I am led to understand that the lucky bastards who do turn up are going to get quite a show ...

The only question is whether we could get away with one other Test Event for say 50,000 - the one on 16th tests out entry systems etc, so ticks those off, the event or events after that would be to test getting that number of people out if the stadium safely within a relatively short period of time.

Back
Top Bottom