Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Away from JT and his ball stroking ....

Brave call by Poch to go full attacking when Dembele went down ... at that stage I think he'd have been very happy with a three - two victory ...

Could see why he pulled of Son to strengthen the midfield ... he is the least defensive player from the front four at the time Kane - Lamela - Moura - Son ... probably should have pulled Moura at the same time and brought on Sanchez ... but with only the one sub left can also see why he waited ...

Love his press comments ... the guy says what he thinks ... not enough to start doing a John Thomas and stroking his balls though ... leave that to Mrs P ....

Why is everyone (On both sides of the argument) convinced that they know what poch meant?

The bottom line is that NONE of us know what his actual meaning was. Only Poch knows what he was saying.

So everyone just shut the fuck up.

Now.

Love his press comments ... the guy says what he thinks ... not enough to start doing a John Thomas and stroking his balls though ... leave that to Mrs P ....
Look. It's not really appropriate for an ex-pat 71 year old perv holed up in Bangkok, openly displaying under age ladyboys as his avatar, to involve himself in debates about stroking or licking balls.

Have you no shame?

I don't know what you boys are bitching about. Poch dropped his guard last week, and had a fanny-attack. As part of his punishment, he spent the week doing media training and no time overseeing coaching (that's why we were such a disjointed mess yesterday), and then came out with a load of blarney about wives and girlfriends. He wasn't leaving last week-he was simply turning up the heat on Mean Mr Mustard to back him with some new fucking players.

Poch is doing a very good job juggling a difficult fixture list, with loads of injuries and NO new players or squad investment in the last year. He makes tactical errors - as they all do - but should be backed. Be careful what you wish for!

I think Mauricio has realized that with the other managers in the top-6 being key sources of bullshit for the media's narrative spinning, he's free to essentially say what he wants without having to worry that too many people are paying attention.

So, he's taking more risks with his comments and his English, which is leading to more enigmatic sayings and also more emotional opinions.

I think Mauricio has realized that with the other managers in the top-6 being key sources of bullshit for the media's narrative spinning, he's free to essentially say what he wants without having to worry that too many people are paying attention.

So, he's taking more risks with his comments and his English, which is leading to more enigmatic sayings and also more emotional opinions.

From listening to the post match press conference on Saturday I think he probably just gets very bored by their shit questions

From listening to the post match press conference on Saturday I think he probably just gets very bored by their shit questions

100%

I've said over and over, he gives them as little as possible (just respectful enough to not be rude nor insult their intelligence)...

I'm paraphrasing, but the day Poch said he will "let the fans know when [he's] talking to them" told me all I need to know... His pressers are just lip service. I think he views them as an irritation; an enemy to his romantic/purist view of the game.

Last edited:
100%

I've said over and over, he gives them as little as possible (just respectful enough to not be rude nor insult their intelligence)...

I'm paraphrasing, but the day Poch said he will "let the fans know when [i'm] talking to them" told me all I need to know... His pressers are just lip service. I think he views them as an irritation; an enemy to his romantic/purist view of the game.
He's a true professional. He has watched and studied Bull Durham and Crash's lesson on cliches.

This man is dragging a lot of very average players (because of current injuries) towards the top of the table. We are so lucky to have him here, with no sign of him wanting to move on.

I hope Poch and the team don’t get slaughtered if we lose to Chelsea or Woolwich, or if we go out of the CL. It’s amazing we are in the top 4 to be fair.

Levy needs to back him without fail January, if he had spent some bloody money where could we be now? On no transfer funds whatsoever we are 2 points off the top!

Poch deserves some silverware, fingers crossed we win something very bloody soon! COYS

Back
Top Bottom