Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you want to win the league? He costed us 8 games last season on the league, leading the goalkeepers in errors.

Toby saved him against Cardiff if I remember correctly.

Is any of you confident right now with him at goal?

Fully confident with him in goal, got us the win against West Ham week.

No I don’t want us to win the league....what a ridiculous question.

Who do you suggest we buy then? Who is going to sign for a team that is out of the Champs League, haven’t won anything in God’s knows how long and to be blunt have been average all season?

Who do you suggest we buy then? Who is going to sign for a team that is out of the Champs League, haven’t won anything in God’s knows how long and to be blunt have been average all season?

We were in CL and top 4 every season when Lloris signed for us? Silly argument.

We were in CL and top 4 every season when Lloris signed for us? Silly argument.

Well I think he has improved since joining us, truly world class, World Cup winner etc

Yes he is having a dodgy start to the season, but imo you won’t get anyone better than himto sign for us at the moment.

Every player has dips in form, you don’t sell them you help them.

Well I think he has improved since joining us, truly world class, World Cup winner etc

Yes he is having a dodgy start to the season, but imo you won’t get anyone better than himto sign for us at the moment.

Wonder how much it would cost to get Rui Patricio from Wolves.

I also like Asenjo from Villarreal but he has had some horrific injuries in the past so that would be a ridiculous gamble. Pau Lopez (remember him?) is having a really good season with Betis too. I wonder if he's someone we may potentially look at in future.

Wonder how much it would cost to get Rui Patricio from Wolves.

I also like Asenjo from Villarreal but he has had some horrific injuries in the past so that would be a ridiculous gamble. Pau Lopez (remember him?) is having a really good season with Betis too. I wonder if he's someone we may potentially look at in future.
Pau López has been outstanding for Betis by all accounts.

Of course we could have had him for pennies in footballing terms if we hadn't schnorred and gambled on getting him on a free

He's been dodgy as last 18 months both for club and country.

As for "worth 10-15 points per season" he's not, no goalkeeper is. He's doing his job. If he didn't he wouldn't play the game.

Do you want to win the league? He costed us 8 games last season on the league, leading the goalkeepers in errors.

Toby saved him against Cardiff if I remember correctly.

Is any of you confident right now with him at goal?
8 games???? He made 5 errors that lead to goals, of which only 2 of those games we lost (Chelsea at home) the other was against City when he came out for a ball on the edge of the box and missed it. But they humpped us in that game and doubt that error or not would have changed the result.

He's been dodgy as last 18 months both for club and country.

As for "worth 10-15 points per season" he's not, no goalkeeper is. He's doing his job. If he didn't he wouldn't play the game.
Nope.

So in last week's game he didn't earn us three points with his saves?

He's the last line of defence and any ricket will cost us points. Last week he kept them out. Forwards and keepers win (or save) you games by scoring or keeping goals out.

He's worth 10-15 points a season easily, even factoring in the ricks that cost us points.

Stays and plays.

Last edited:
Nope.

So in last week's game he didn't earn us three points with his saves?

He's the last line of defence and any ricket will cost us points. Last week he kept them out. Forwards and keepers win (or save) you games by scoring or keeping goals out.

He's worth 10-15 points a season easily, even factoring in the ricks that cost us points.

Stays and plays.

Forwards and Keepers win games? So why play midfielders or defenders then?

I really do think part of the issue with Lloris is one of respect.

He fears the national haranguing more than he does if it is Pochettino or the Tottenham fans.

As a result he plays on the edge and takes more risks playing for us than he does with France.

Bizarrely however I feel he is more likely to be a goalie for a Premier League winning team than De Gea.

Last edited:
He needs to be dropped as his mistakes are costing us. Yes he also makes great saves but overall he is not giving anyone confidence. His mistakes in the last two European games were unbelievable. He should have been stripped of the captaincy during his drink drive case. He's our best keeper for a long time but needs some time on the bench as any player not performing would. Must Act like a captain on and off the pitch

He needs to be dropped as his mistakes are costing us. Yes he also makes great saves but overall he is not giving anyone confidence. His mistakes in the last two European games were unbelievable. He should have been stripped of the captaincy during his drink drive case. He's our best keeper for a long time but needs some time on the bench as any player not performing would. Must Act like a captain on and off the pitch
How would he improve on the Bench? If Poch does that and does not reinstate him quickly, he will end up like Joe Hart, no value and no one wants him and we will be stuck with him until the end of his contract. No he played well against Spammers and should play Monday.

How would he improve on the Bench? If Poch does that and does not reinstate him quickly, he will end up like Joe Hart, no value and no one wants him and we will be stuck with him until the end of his contract. No he played well against Spammers and should play Monday.

He doesn't need coaching or training. He can see exactly what he did wrong both on and off the pitch. He needs to understand that his position is under threat. Right now he doesn't. He should not just start cos of his past heroics or his name. That's not poch's policy.

Best start in nearly 60 years. Average all season? Fucking ludicrous.

:pochrolleyes:

Best start in nearly 60 years. Average all season? Fucking ludicrous.

:pochrolleyes:

Unfortunately, other than 45 minutes against United, and when we were chasing the game against Barca, we have been decidedly average. The wins so far have been against, Fulham, Newcastle, Brighton, Cardiff, Huddersfield, West Ham and United - most, if not all, by the odd goal. All, (let's hope including United) are relegation contenders. We have still yet to play mid-table teams like Bournemouth, Everton, Leicester, and other potential banana skins like Palace and Burnley.
It's been a great start points-wise, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Tomorrow, and the games against Woolwich and Chelsea -after them we can assess the season.

Unfortunately, other than 45 minutes against United, and when we were chasing the game against Barca, we have been decidedly average. The wins so far have been against, Fulham, Newcastle, Brighton, Cardiff, Huddersfield, West Ham and United - most, if not all, by the odd goal. All, (let's hope including United) are relegation contenders. We have still yet to play mid-table teams like Bournemouth, Everton, Leicester, Palace etc.
It's been a great start points-wise, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Tomorrow, and the games against Woolwich and Chelsea -after them we can assess the season.
Literally the entire league outside of 6 teams are season-to-season relegation contenders. What's your point?

You have no evidence whatsoever that we've been average. Every statistical rating has us in the top 4-5 teams, by definition well above average. Real points we're 5th on goal difference and 5 points off top with a game in hand.

Do you even understand what the term average means? Fucking show one way in which Spurs are average, or shut the fuck up. You negative cunts are fucking poison.

Back
Top Bottom