Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Second most mistakes that led to goal last season. Only Cech at Woolwich had more.

On his day a great goalie and he has multiple fantastic saves in him per season. But he plays a daredevil style and that will always lead to lots of misses as well as lots of great saves
Utterly pointless stat. We lost just TWO of those games when those goals were scored (Chelsea & City)!!!!! I'd argue only the Chelsea goal actually cost us as we were the better team, we were spanked by City and his error didn't change the corse of the game. Woolwich lost all 6 of their games via Cech's mistakes that led to a goal.

Reading different threads on this forum there are calls to replace Lloris, Trippier, Davies, Rose, Alderweireld, Dier, Wanyama, Lamela, Dembele, Sissoko, Llorente and Aurier. I may have missed someone. We know that bringing in 7 new players does not work. Therefore most of those will stay. I read recently how Sissoko had to be comforted after a lot of fan criticism. Rose has said the same. It is counter productive to keep criticising players as many players struggle to deal with it leading to poorer performances.
I know there are many sources of Internet comment other than this forum and maybe the players do not read this forum but friends and family possibly do and it gets back to them. Proof of the criticism of Lloris is in the fact Poch felt the need to defend him.
On the above list there are many more likely departures than Lloris. Therefore despite the errors which may well be linked to his off the field activity, Lloris stays as number 1.
There are enough sources of criticism of this club in the Media and other fans websites, let's support our players.

Second most mistakes that led to goal last season. Only Cech at Woolwich had more.

On his day a great goalie and he has multiple fantastic saves in him per season. But he plays a daredevil style and that will always lead to lots of misses as well as lots of great saves

And yet we are quite conservative nowadays it could be argued. Certainly not as adventurous as we were.

Brilliant quotes from Poch

Hugo is doing some mad shit (along with winning us games simultaneously) but he's our guy and we need to back him.

He'll be fine once he gets all this shit out of his system, maybe karma for the all the times he saved us during the AVB/Tim years.

Need to look into a future replacement ASAP imo. Agree that he's been on a gradual decline for the past few years. When he first joined us he was absolutely incredible and could vie with De Gea for top goal keeper in the League. Now he's not even contending, very far off his peak performances.

It was impossible to find a player as good within our budget, but I think those days are over.

World Cup winner coming into his prime. 2 - 5 years at this level.
An act of insanity to consider letting him go, unless we want to cough up £50m+ to replace him, as this seems to be the going rate for a quality keeper.

World Cup winner coming into his prime. 2 - 5 years at this level.
An act of insanity to consider letting him go, unless we want to cough up £50m+ to replace him, as this seems to be the going rate for a quality keeper.

You don't keep a player based on being a "World Cup winner"

Remember players like Stephane Guivarch and Oliver Giroud have won the World Cup.

You don't keep a player based on being a "World Cup winner"

Remember players like Stephane Guivarch and Oliver Giroud have won the World Cup.

Agreed.

What about "Has been worth 10-15 points for every season he's played for us"

People have short memories and only remember the Barca and PSV incidents. Barca was appalling but PSV I can forgive.

Can’t believe people want rid.

Has won so many games for us in the past, yes he fucks up every now and again, but he wins us far more.
Do you want to win the league? He costed us 8 games last season on the league, leading the goalkeepers in errors.

Toby saved him against Cardiff if I remember correctly.

Is any of you confident right now with him at goal?

Poch should stick with Hugo, talk to him in private twist his ear and the next 2 months will tell us where he stands.

Lets be honest, he isn't deghea, courtois.... But he has been fantastic and big player for the club.

How about this one from last weekend?

cXfMLS6.jpg

Stays and plays.

Back
Top Bottom