Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Positives and negatives out of this one. Up against it coming into the game with injuries. Got much better as the game went on. May have turned out differently if it weren’t for the two gimmes.

Have to basically win out and hope that Barca takes care of business against Inter. We are still in it but our margin for error is basically nil.

He was begging for that hot tag from the Hood!!! HOOD IS DOWN IN COMES JOHHNY T!!!!!

ClriS.gif
Actually lol’ed.

:dembelelol:

On the train on the on the way back.
First half we were not at the races. Second half we gave it a go but to no avail.

Upsides.
1. I have seen the world's best player score in the CL.
2. I also saw Lionel Messi.
3. Crowd gave the team great support especially given we conceded in 90 seconds.
I thought Sissoko’s shot went narrowly wide...

... of Wales?

Great. Some cunts have been on the track near Waterloo and all the trains are currently delayed.

Well, we gave it a good go... in the second half. We need to believe more. We made them look far better than they are.

Kane was class today. Wanted it, worked so hard for the team, goal sublime, created chances for himself and others. Not bad for a knackered ‘Rasiak’ who should be dropped... as he been eloquently referred to by some on hear.

When Wembley makes some noise it is fucking awesome.

COYS.

Good to see you tonight fella.

I was on my train at 22.30. Bizzarely easy to get away tonight. Not sure how that happened.

Nope.

Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Busquets, Rakatic, Pique, that Brazilian bloke in midfield that no-one has ever heard of.

We had Wanyama and that colossus Sissoko and Llorente to call on as subs.

That was the difference.

Take Messi out of the equation and that game could have gone either way

Bad/good luck happens every game.
I do not deny that we were outplayed over 90 minutes.
However, if we didn't screw ourselves over with mistakes, a draw could have been achieved.
Football isn't a game of "quality over 90 minutes"- it's a game that counts who has more goals, regardless of how well any particular team played over 90 minutes.

No it is always not. But more good chances fell to Barca as well... So there is really no point pointing out such "mistakes as game changers" cause very well could Barca fans say the same thing about our 2nd goal.

They dominated more, they created more chances, they put more of them away and they won deservedly.

You don't find it disrespectful that he states we didn't lose to barcelona but we lost to Messi?

Tbf guardiola said his comment when Kane was the difference as well and it still didn't stop Poch feeling annoyed.

No because I thought he was correct whereas it didn’t apply to Kane so he was right to be annoyed

I get the point. But we were beaten by one man tonight. Without Messi we'd have beaten them. Poch is a truth teller. Always has been.

Doesn't need to coddle Barcelona through some weird sense of respect.
Ok then he shouldn't bitch and cry things are disrespectful when other coaches do it yo him.

Back
Top Bottom