Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

7 straight defeats for Monaco.

Shame for Jardim, who is a good coach. But things don't seem to be clicking this time

Chairman stopped pumping money in, I take it?

Just seem to be spending what they're making off of selling their star players.

Their record signing was James Rodriquez for 45 million euro back in 2013 so they have never really been up in the PSG/Real level of fees. But Monaco has been able to attract big talents by being a tax free principality so you lose no salary to taxes.

My guess is they have just sold off too much of their squad in too short a period. The replacements are not in sync and not ready and the guys that remain are not strong enough to carry these new players

Their record signing was James Rodriquez for 45 million euro back in 2013 so they have never really been up in the PSG/Real level of fees. But Monaco has been able to attract big talents by being a tax free principality so you lose no salary to taxes.

My guess is they have just sold off too much of their squad in too short a period. The replacements are not in sync and not ready and the guys that remain are not strong enough to carry these new players
You are correct but in truth that is not the whole story. Monaco was the first international dirty Mendes team. Team was loaded with shady contracts and transfers facilitated by Mendes. He then moved to Valencia and now Wolves.

And that Rodriquez deal was a combo with a cheap price for Moutinho. They didn't put in big money because it was merely a showcase for the big money transfers.

And you are correct they are just too young and not gelled. They do have a promising young right back (traore) that is leaving on a free in the summer.

Three things happened. Monaco owner (Ribolovlev) went through one of the world's most expensive divorces (initially a record $4.8 was awarded, later reduced). Then he wasn't granted a Monegasque passport. And probably most significantly, FFP started to kick in just after he started investing and unlike any other of the new money clubs, Monaco just can't circumnavigate it, they get piss-ant crowds (less than 10k), commercial revenue is minimal (shit TV deal, and no sovereign wealth fund, just regular billionaire who isn't going to spend it all on Monaco).

They have one of the best youth policies, not academies per se, they don't actually have a normal academy, they just poach the best young players aged 16/17 up and develop them.

They did spend nearly 150m the the year they went up, which at the time (around 2013) was a lot, but then the circumstances above, particularly the divorce and FFP kicked in, they were threatened with fines etc, and policy changed drastically.

What's happening right now is exactly what you say, they've become the victim of their own phenomenal success, have sold off a shit load of fantastic players and now Jardim's having to build almost an entire new team in a short space of time.

DoQMRdiXgAUcmb5.jpg:large

v

DoQUi64W0AAVJ1k.jpg:large

Anderson v Young could be interesting, I think Arnautovic will cause those centre-backs problems as well.. A draw seems perfectly possible.

Can't stand West Ham but they're not a threat to us.

Dominating West Ham win allowing us to potentially to go 5 points clear of United later on today would be more than enough.

Type I usually attacks the mouth area while Type II usually appears on genitalia, but if we want to be accurate Herpes is a whole family of viruses that includes the likes of EBV or Mononocleosis
chicken pox is a Herpes type virus as well right?

Meaning we have all at some point had a herp

Type I usually attacks the mouth area while Type II usually appears on genitalia, but if we want to be accurate Herpes is a whole family of viruses that includes the likes of EBV or Mononocleosis

Like cold sores then

Asking for a friend clearly

Yes, Chickenpox or VZV is indeed a type of Herpes virus.

I personally never had it, but most of the population have herpes type I even if dormant.
Fucking hell, better hope you never catch it then. It gets worse the older you are. We had a teacher at the university who caught it in January and he was back in April.

Back
Top Bottom