Brighton (A) 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which is basically what I wrote
Not really - you said it was a rank performance which I don't 100 percent agree with.

Re- watch the Liverpool game - that was a rank performance.

This was ok against a team who beat Man U 3-2 and have come back from 2-0 down twice in their last two games.

Not vintage but probably what you'd expect on a shitty weatherwise night.

Brighton have lost just 5 home games since they got promoted.

Man City.
Liverpool.
Chelsea.
Leicester.

and now us today.

It is not an easy place to go and get a win. Beat Man Utd there twice. Beat Woolwich last season. Hughton has got them well drilled defensively and I think he'll do well to keep them up again this season.

Huddersfield and Cardiff coming up in our next two league games. Two of the favourites to go down. Two of the worst teams in the league. Anything but maximum points would be disappointing. 6 points from there will make the league table look rather interesting - especially as our rivals are all playing eachother over the next 2 weeks.

To be fair, I'm not a huge fan of Davies, but Rose has never had a season where he's got close to Davies assists tally last year, and Rose's delivery is invariably pish.

Rose although not back at his best pisses all over Davies

But yes he is as thick as two short planks as evidenced by their goal

We just won 2-1 against might Brighton. Playing nothing special. We suffer a late minute goal that was ridiculous defending from the team. After three straight losses and you try to start an argument with me picking on me because I am totally against our summer inactivity. Tell me we’re I’m wrong.

I think we were good today, and deserved the win in difficult conditions against a good team.

After three straight losses and your whining about how embarrassed you are because we got caught on a counter, and how we didnt play well.
Knock yourself out mate, enjoy all the negatives and have a great life. I couldnt care less.

Thought we played well, almost back to "normal". That being controlling and dominating games (+70% possession, 2 of their 3 shots came in time added on!!), we should have scored another 4 goals.

Rose looked OK, heard he was MOTM, I wouldn't have gone that far, he's still conceding possession a lot and his defending, especially 1v1 isn't all that right now, but an improvement none the less.

Fuck off anyone who still saying Kane looks tired, thought he was really good today, without bossing anything. Even though those last couple of efforts didn't result in going in, it was nice to see how quickly he was on to them and he hit them well.

Eriksen was looking good, finding some nice pockets, although would love to see someone else in there with him, he looks isolated, fuck we miss Dele who is usually that man. Lamela too when he came on.

I'm not going to make a big thing of it, but I am going to draw your attention to it again, almost everything they did was down their left (our right) I wonder why? What weakness had Houghton thought he could target? Hhhhhmmm...

A little mention for Gazzaniga, well played lad.

My MOTM was Vertonghen. SOLID!

Last edited:
Away to brighton in those conditions was never going to be pretty! All about the 3 pts. Most of the team looked more like their usual selves & it had a 'back to basics' feel about it.
Rose was the best he's been in a while. Hopefully a run of games & he will be closer to the rose of old.
Great pen from kane & lovely finish from lamela after I criticised his finishing a few days ago. Might just be me but he seems better with instinctive finishes rather than when he has a lot of time to think. He was very good when he came on.

Toby & jan pretty solid & still a very good partnership. Dembele was important in the middle of the pitch. Not good conditions for gazza to step in to but he was solid & seemed very composed.
Swap the united & watford results & most of us would have been fairly happy with that, so its the same pt's tally & a pretty good start.
Not noticed that ref before but he had a good game too & didn't bottle the pen.
Enjoy the hard earned victory!

Back
Top Bottom