Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh come on, the subs were crazy. Lamela has been our best attacking player this season/tonight (alongside Lucas), taking him off killed our momentum just when his movement was causing them all sorts of problems.
Maybe he was fucked. He ran his socks off this evening and has barely played a game this season due to injury. You would prefer a player out on his feet on the pitch whilst they are pushing for an equalizer? Doesn't it make sense to bring on fresh legs and also run the clock down.

Why are we playing a striker that has no shots every week?
4 shots on target in 5 games.....but he'll never be dropped the manager says. Blinding.

With Moura on at half time for Kane, we'd have won that.

Moura for Kane would not have worked. It was lamela coming off that changed the game when we were on top. Also we play Kane because the other option is llorente!!!

It’s completely that.

We no longer appear to press, so have a massive gap in the middle of the park. Kane is dropping back to the half way line. Dembele isn’t able to maraude forward as there’s too much grass for him to cover. Dier, fuck knows.

We don’t appear to have the legs to play our style of football.
Did you ever see a top side with as many slowcoaches in it as we have?

8 of 9 from set pieces. That's training and concentration. Had something similar the season before or the one before that where we didn't concede a goal from open play for 2 months or something.

Need to learn how to deal with set pieces better, clearly.

If this was FIFA and you can play a healthy starting 11 every single week, we’d be alright. Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way, and we are already seeing the repercussions of not buying anyone in the summer. Does Kane need a break, of course, but unfortunately we have Llorente and an overworked Son as a backup. Our central midfield looks a mess and we have Winks and Wanyama both coming back from injury to cover for an already injury prone Dembele and lack of form Dier.
I do believe we will rebound from this but we are only good enough to finish maybe 3rd or 4th in the league and maybe make it out of the group stage of Champions League.

The amount of times we are sloppily giving away possession is scary. At times it feels like literally every 5 seconds! This is not what Poch has spent the past 4 years building.

We thought we had squad depth, that Lucas might, MIGHT, be the final piece of the jigsaw.

Now we're finding out that the defence has regressed, the midfield has disappeared and our talisman striker has Carlton Cole syndrome.

Life is one giant bastard.

I actually think we played OK at times tonight but didn't manage the key moments well. Set pieces are a concern.

Someone has just compared Kane to Rasiak. I know he's not on form but seriously, give your head a wobble, lol.

You know what, I really dont care.....Kane is playing like garbage and needs a rest. Simple fact...love the guy, but Im not going to pretend hes earning his pay rise, or say he shouldnt be dropped because of the last seasons.

People acting precious all the time....you're not a better fan if you call Levy or Dier a cunt, than to say Kane is playing like Rasiak.
So would you have dropped him after he set us on our way at OT with a bloody amazing header? Of course not. So when would he have been dropped? We need to create more. He will score. His CV proves it. 4 extraordinary seasons. He’s never needed to be dropped. Delighting in the “second coming of Rasiak” comments make you sound like the Spammers at work. I know you’re a passionate Spurs fan through and through. But that comparison is a stretch too far.

I don't have your crystal ball clearly. I do know that Rose is a defender and that when he's playing he defends corners, has done his whole career as a FB. Is there a time when this hasn't happened? If there is then you have a case.

Still waiting to hear how Kane stops Icardi's goal, at least I answer. You and everyone else haven't put forward this theory yet. Still waiting.
When did I say or even insinuate he stops icardis goal you bafoon. Quit spinning.

Crystal ball? I asked who the better defender of corners is between kane and rose. You responded with a question (by asking if rose has ever scored an OG from defending a corner). You're now claiming that answers the question put forward. You're unbelievable.

Dude, come on. That is some serious projecting you are doing right there. Did they just remember how sad they looked during the last 10 minutes and decided to shit themselves? Did Poch decide to lose his mind because the players looked grumpy during the corporate anthem?

We played bad, then better, then got lucky, then played even better, then the player that was making alot happen got subbed, then we played worse, then Inter got a break on a good goal unmarked 20 yards out, then Rose(!) came in for Kane(!!) and we couldn't get the ball out of our third and lost on another fucking set piece(!!!)

I don't think that has to do with how they looked for the anthem.
Of course not, you're missing the point mate it's all about the passion ffs they looked so careless. There's something not right about us atm.

Back
Top Bottom