Spurs vs Inter @ Giuseppe Meazza|| Tue 16:55 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most of our players give the ball away unnecessarily this season

Something is really wrong with us this season

Very true.

We desperately need a lift and since the next transfer window is months away the players have to go out and give us it themselves. Also could do with Poch getting his act together formation wise and tactics better.

3 or 4 of those players who keep getting games should now be no more than squad players and better should have been in the first team now to refresh the feel of how we play. To keep on with players like Dier and Dembele is not acceptable.

The team earns Levy all the money. But ENIC don’t invest in the team.... it’s so wrong. Who wants a fancy stadium when you roll over to Watford and then two weeks later surrender to a poor Inter in exactly the same fashion ? What lessons were learned from Troy fucking Deeney ?

I don’t and won’t blame the manager. But the board and the chairman need to shape up. It’s not that simple I know. But surely they knew the players might struggle post World Cup and good management was necessary?

Tonight was too similar to Watford. And how odd is that to say when it was Inter ? ( a poor Inter )
Imagine if we swapped squads with Watford right now...

Who's up for it....?

Anyone???

Kane played much better tonight with his hold up play and movement. Should have put away the opportunity in the first half, and needs to find a way to shoot much more, but at least he didn't look completely out of it.

You did WHAT? You looked away... and ASSUMED we'd win... how long you been following Spurs, 5 minutes or 6.... ?

Some people will never learn...
Its ALL your fault! This one's on you for ASSUMING... take the responsibility on the chin like a man and learn from it for next time.

Never....

EVER....

Assume!
I think its cause weve never lost 3 in a row under poch. I suppose i believed we had that under control to be honest.... Ok worst case i thought we would draw with a classic late goal from them but not lose it completely.

Weve made some really bad mistakes last 3 games. The fluidity is just not there. Hope we get it back against brighton though. They are a pretty tough team to beat at the moment.

Still cant get my head around the Winks for Lamela sub. We were on top and were definitely winning until this ridiculous self sabotage.

Totally agree
We kept missing chances fair enough but the ball was at their end so no chance of them scoring and one would have gone in eventually

Wasted opportunity to get our season back on track

Now having to watch the Dippers beat PSG

No it isn’t

I never mentioned their subs
They were irrelevant as we had the momentum and control

It was our last two subs that cost us the game

Ridiculous to think otherwise

We invited pressure on ourselves and if Poch had left things as they were after putting Lucas on we would have been coming home with three points
I didn't say that you did Baz.

But it works both ways is the point I was suggesting. He took there best player off, I'm asking did that change the game. If so how? They scored two goals almost straight after he id this.

The amount of disrespect you're giving to Kane is incredible. You say I take pleasure in watching the team, but you definitely take pleasure in watching him perform poorly
It's only our best players he resorts to such ridiculous levels of criticism for, Dele last year , Kane this year, but Son or Davies has a poor game, not a peep, everything's Kane's fault. The guy who wants the club to make no signings and calls people fake fans for wanting signings, is the same guy who takes pleasure in calling out our best players, couldn't make it up.

The amount of disrespect you're giving to Kane is incredible. You say I take pleasure in watching the team, but you definitely take pleasure in watching him perform poorly

Pleasure, no Im fucking gutted for him and the club, and enraged at the manager for doing his best to run him into the ground while we lose games.

Very true.

We desperately need a lift and since the next transfer window is months away the players have to go out and give us it themselves. Also could do with Poch getting his act together formation wise and tactics better.

Absolutely but not on tonight’s evidence

Only when you want to reinvent the game. He's running the clock down, you have heard of this phrase? Surely you can't tell me you have never seen a manager do this?

Oh come on, the subs were crazy. Lamela has been our best attacking player this season/tonight (alongside Lucas), taking him off killed our momentum just when his movement was causing them all sorts of problems.

Just watch how they were standing with pride with hunger in their faces last season compared to tonight then you might understand
Dude, come on. That is some serious projecting you are doing right there. Did they just remember how sad they looked during the last 10 minutes and decided to shit themselves? Did Poch decide to lose his mind because the players looked grumpy during the corporate anthem?

We played bad, then better, then got lucky, then played even better, then the player that was making alot happen got subbed, then we played worse, then Inter got a break on a good goal unmarked 20 yards out, then Rose(!) came in for Kane(!!) and we couldn't get the ball out of our third and lost on another fucking set piece(!!!)

I don't think that has to do with how they looked for the anthem.

I think its cause weve never lost 3 in a row under poch. I suppose i believed we had that under control to be honest.... Ok worst case i thought we would draw with a classic late goal from them but not lose it completely.

I can take a bad result, i just didnt think it would take more than 3 games to get our form back.

Weve made some really bad mistakes last 3 games. The fluidity is just not there. Hope we get it back against brighton though. They are a pretty tough team to beat at the moment.

It's once again a failure to carry out efficient game management from a goal advantage. Once the 2 subs were made, the intensity to close players down was markedly slower and the midfield dropped back allowing unchallenged crosses time and again. There's a difference between slowing the game down but maintaining a sharpness to just relaxing and allowing the opposition to come on to us.

I am a fcuking Spurs fan and will ride this pain.

As long as it hurts the players as much as it hurts me then it is a pain worth enduring.

It happens to all teams and so why not us.

I can cope with it but in no way does it mean we have become an average side or Pochettino an average manager.

What it reminds us all is not to ever believe the hype.
Sometimes things go wrong and out team/squad do not become bad players over the course of a summer. Things aren't quite right at the mo but this happens in football and we were probably due a downturn.
We will come good again, just going to be a bit painful getting there.

I agree with quite a lot of what you post, but to compare Kane to Rasiak, after the last four seasons, is completely disrespectful. He’ll find his form and will be scoring regularly soon enough.

You know what, I really dont care.....Kane is playing like garbage and needs a rest. Simple fact...love the guy, but Im not going to pretend hes earning his pay rise, or say he shouldnt be dropped because of the last seasons.

People acting precious all the time....you're not a better fan if you call Levy or Dier a cunt, than to say Kane is playing like Rasiak.

Back
Top Bottom