Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

#blamesissoko

Don't think that's fair at all. Was it Sissoko making him give the ball away all the time?

There isn't a lot to be positive about in this:

The truth is we paid £25 million for a player who hadn't fulfilled his promise and that's exactly what we're getting. From what I've seen so far I'd play Lamela ahead of him.

Oh please don't start on him now that you've always been wrong about Lamela...! #saveusall

150E.gif

I think he's a talent, suited more for when we want to play on the break where there's space to run into.

His first touch is poor though, the ball literally goes a metre away from him which always shocks me a pro can't get the basics right.

Once he gets a run though and he gets his game going consistently we'll have a great player.

I hope so. His first touch concerns me more than anything. Amazing how it bobbles up or gets away from him. I'll put it down to nerves but he needs to improve on this or at worst learn how to win free kicks instead of lose possession when his touch is a bit heavy.

I do agree though, I think away games or when games are a little more open where he can run at the opposition will be better than when he plays back to goal like a few of his touches were up at St James Park

I think he's a talent, suited more for when we want to play on the break where there's space to run into.

His first touch is poor though, the ball literally goes a metre away from him which always shocks me a pro can't get the basics right.

Once he gets a run though and he gets his game going consistently we'll have a great player.

I also think that when he does turn and get away from the opposition that's he's one of the very few players that put teams on the back foot. When it does pay off you'll see a lot of teams running backwards instead of being in a straight back line already. It'll allow for the movement of his teammates to be more fluid than we see when we play possession football in a high defensive line. Skip past your marker and he'll be away but he'll also risk losing possession when doing so. Just needs to win more of those kind of battles than he is at the moment, needs to tidy up his close control and not lose possession when passing or an opposition player is tight on him where he can't do his thing. I'd like him to be a little more artful whilst he comes to terms with the intensity of it all

#blamesissoko

Don't think that's fair at all. Was it Sissoko making him give the ball away all the time?

There isn't a lot to be positive about in this:

The truth is we paid £25 million for a player who hadn't fulfilled his promise and that's exactly what we're getting. From what I've seen so far I'd play Lamela ahead of him.

That video is missing his best moment of the game where he dribbled into the box and got a shot off, right?

That sin bin has messed with your head , Lamela !

They're both a bit short of the calibre of player we need. Fit and on form, Kane, Dele, Eriksen and Son are a match for anyone. I don't think the L boys are anywhere near them and one should have replaced in the Summer. There will be the same arguments with Lucas as with Lamela. He'll look good in friendlies and early round cup games but dissapoint in PL and CL games.

Brilliant performance, a shame he missed that sitter I think he was worth a brace. Either way it’s exciting times, as he starts to gel with Eriksen and co, he could light up this premier league. He has super star potential.

Looks to have trained an engine into him, great application off the pitch.

A very classy finish on his weaker foot. He really is a quality player.

Personally for me today was the first time he really felt like a Spurss player if you know what I mean. Feels familiar and I expect him to start a lot if fit.

NW1Spur NW1Spur both Lucas and Lamela were great today

Can you please start aggressively hating on Sissoko as well so that his form will take off also?

I have opinions on players I form over time, not reactive child like ones based on single games or single incidents.

"Oohhh Lucas scored today - he's the best player in the world!!! As good as Ronaldo or Gazza!"

I've said previously, Lucas reminds me of Lennon. Lennon had some great games for us and scored goals similar to Lucas' today, but he was not a world beater and nor do I think Lucas is.

Got better as the game went on. When he missed his first chance, thought it was going to be one of those days for him. Credit to him for keeping his head up and scoring a peach of a goal. His contribution in the second half was second to none. Also helps that he takes some of the pressure off Harry.

I have opinions on players I form over time, not reactive child like ones based on single games or single incidents.

"Oohhh Lucas scored today - he's the best player in the world!!! As good as Ronaldo or Gazza!"

I've said previously, Lucas reminds me of Lennon. Lennon had some great games for us and scored goals similar to Lucas' today, but he was not a world beater and nor do I think Lucas is.

He’s better than Lennon. It’s not as if he was unknown before he joined us.

Whether he’s consistent enough to be a genuine world beater remains to be seen, but he’s got a huge amount of natural ability, and I’m confident that he’ll be a valuable player for us.

Look at Lucas' goals/assists to game ratio and already he is in another league to Lennon. There is so much more to his game than running down the touchline and winning a throw in

Back
Top Bottom