Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In a twisted kinda way it’s quite refreshing what spurs have done! If you look at every other clubs transfers and there is quite a few (Brighton 16) but Kovacic which is a loan,Fabinho the dippers there is nothing outstanding! I’m possibly biased but our squad is as strong as anybody’s and that’s with no additions don’t know if that says more about us or the rest?
Yes you are definitely biased.
Our starting XI is v good. We became 3rd last season for a reason. The bench is not so good, we still have sissoko, llorente, vincent then we have Toby's issue to sort out, Dembele can not play regularly....etc.
But all other top 5 clubs made signings to improve their squad.
We did not do any signing so no improvement from last season.

OK I've loved reading this all window, first time I've posted. I'm 39 been supporting spurs since mid 80's, all this talk of us being new Woolwich is bullshit, for most of my life they have been far and away ahead of us they have won titles and cups and then they tried to keep top 4. For us top 4 is a recent bonus that I hope in time we will push on from but staying there a year or 2 is not doing an Woolwich. These last few years have been great and I hope we push on, this squad is together and when we play Liverpool in the new yet to be named lane, I want to walk in to an incredible atmosphere with us all behind the team no matter what. The futures bright the futures lilywhite

Anyway the window is slam shut now, nothing can be done and new season starts tomorrow!!!

Our hope is:
Dele regains his form
Kane scores in August
Lucas shines this season
Dembele heals, injury free season
Toby plays all season w/o fuss and if we get lucky signs a new contract
Rose back to form
All other players do what they did last season

COYS

Taking your implied ITK on face value....

Go on... Be brave... How else would you seek to exlplain it then? Why else would we not follow up an opening bid (esp. if WZ presumably thought it was all good on his end).

How's Wilf feeling about it all now?

Does he relish another year under an owl?
Well i presume we didn't follow up for one of two reasons. Either we didn't think he was worth the Palace valuation or we thought he was worth it but Levy was simply not willing to pay that amount(or we couldn't afford it).

Fair enough..but as a big club I would expect to keep our best players and buy some quality reinforcements. That is what all the other big clubs do, but we have become so used to letting big players leave that now it feels like we have achieved something when they stay.
We are getting there

Back to our rightful place.

All in good time

In a twisted kinda way it’s quite refreshing what spurs have done! If you look at every other clubs transfers and there is quite a few (Brighton 16) but Kovacic which is a loan,Fabinho the dippers there is nothing outstanding! I’m possibly biased but our squad is as strong as anybody’s and that’s with no additions don’t know if that says more about us or the rest?
I respect your opinion Mate, but there is no way our squad is as strong as anybody's.. man city's is better than ours. Chelski, United and Liverpool have squads that I would say are stronger in depth than ours. Maybe there first 11 are not any better..

Anyway the window is slam shut now, nothing can be done and new season starts tomorrow!!!

Our hope is:
Dele regains his form
Kane scores in August
Lucas shines this season
Dembele heals, injury free season
Toby plays all season w/o fuss and if we get lucky signs a new contract
Rose back to form
All other players do what they did last season

COYS

And the return of super Harry winks!

OK I've loved reading this all window, first time I've posted. I'm 39 been supporting spurs since mid 80's, all this talk of us being new Woolwich is bullshit, for most of my life they have been far and away ahead of us they have won titles and cups and then they tried to keep top 4. For us top 4 is a recent bonus that I hope in time we will push on from but staying there a year or 2 is not doing an Woolwich. These last few years have been great and I hope we push on, this squad is together and when we play Liverpool in the new yet to be named lane, I want to walk in to an incredible atmosphere with us all behind the team no matter what. The futures bright the futures lilywhite

Welcome to the forum friend. I hope you consider sharing your thoughts on the Newcastle game in the match thread. Always good to hear new opinions and viewpoints on here. Cheers.

Spurs’ marquee signing finally revealed:

bce92ad6ccbfb8e5890d87b41a5f9337.gif

A spurs logo on his jacket for bonus likes anyone?

Nice time to join mate

As client reference number 2403*** i understand that it is my role to accept and not challenge. I am a consumer. Not a supporter. I am a customer and have no identity to THFC. It is not my place to challenge the owners of the club in anyway. They know and understand business. And my view on Tottenham is clouded in emotion, which is counter a lot of times to modern Football business. Is it an emotional experience anymore on any level except nostalgia ?

My nostalgic emotional view is clouded by packed bus rides to the stadium and the bloody long walk from Seven Sisters, or the 444 ride from Chingford via Edmonton, the pubs, the people, the understanding that we ( as a community ) were never getting more than a kick in arse from Thatcher’s / Blair’s governments - but there was a Stadium burried on that god awful Tottenham High Road full of every dream that would save us from the reality of our mundane everyday world. It was not a “world class venue” far from it in fact, but it meant more than Buckingham Palace.

A stadium and a team full of moments where anything was possible. Although there was clearly greed going on, it was masked by Tony Parks saving penalties, it was masked by Pleats wonderful but flawed team and saved by Gazza and Lineker.

Even when it got bad under Sugar he popped up with a Ginola, Klinsman, Ferdinand and all on a fairly regular basis to lift some of the doom & gloom. Signings mean something on an emotional level. It gives a hope that something will click and, even if just for a moment, it makes you think it’s possible to close a 30 point gap or move from 3rd to 1st or from the semi to a final. To bring the hope of victory.

Tonight we don’t have that short term burst of optimism. I think most of us know a new stadium don’t win games anymore than a new car park gives you a better car. We will have to see where this goes next, but Santa ain’t coming this Christmas with a new present. So hopefully last years gift will do.

Tonight It feels very much like a cheese bar for the NFL took precedent over potential glory. It feels very much like something I love has changed and the last embers of what was the emotional tie may now really be past. It is something new now. Perhaps something I no longer understand. One fact I do know is there is no point buying Panini 2019, it’s the same as Panini 2018 for us....why change last year’s kit when it would have done for this year ?

Was doing nothing the “Brave” thing? Was that the new emotion ? I don’t feel it was, but I am only Client reference number 2403***. What do I know ?

If buying no one was part of the master plan all along, why not say so from the start eh eh eh ?

And as for all this silly willy waving as to ' I'm not a melt , look at me ' bull, here's my ridiculous contribution.

I just wish we had also sold Harry , Hugo, Verts and in fact the whole fucking squad just so I could come on here and say fuck off anyone who don't like it you gooner fucking melting maggot cunts, go and support .................

All a bit ted
i
ous.

Welcome. Levy in or Levy out?
No fence sitting

As client reference number 2403*** i understand that it is my role to accept and not challenge. I am a consumer. Not a supporter. I am a customer and have no identity to THFC. It is not my place to challenge the owners of the club in anyway. They know and understand business. And my view on Tottenham is clouded in emotion, which is counter a lot of times to modern Football business. Is it an emotional experience anymore on any level except nostalgia ?

My nostalgic emotional view is clouded by packed bus rides to the stadium and the bloody long walk from Seven Sisters, or the 444 ride from Chingford via Edmonton, the pubs, the people, the understanding that we ( as a community ) were never getting more than a kick in arse from Thatcher’s / Blair’s governments - but there was a Stadium burried on that god awful Tottenham High Road full of every dream that would save us from the reality of our mundane everyday world. It was not a “world class venue” far from it in fact, but it meant more than Buckingham Palace.

A stadium and a team full of moments where anything was possible. Although there was clearly greed going on, it was masked by Tony Parks saving penalties, it was masked by Pleats wonderful but flawed team and saved by Gazza and Lineker.

Even when it got bad under Sugar he popped up with a Ginola, Klinsman, Ferdinand and all on a fairly regular basis to lift some of the doom & gloom. Signings mean something on an emotional level. It gives a hope that something will click and, even if just for a moment, it makes you think it’s possible to close a 30 point gap or move from 3rd to 1st or from the semi to a final. To bring the hope of victory.

Tonight we don’t have that short term burst of optimism. I think most of us know a new stadiums don’t win games anymore than a new car park gives you a better car. We will have to see where this goes next, but Santa ain’t coming this Christmas with a new present. So hopefully last years gift will do.

Tonight It feels very much like a cheese bar for the NFL took precedent over potential glory. It feels very much like something I love has changed and the last embers of what was the emotional tie may now really be past. It is something new now. Perhaps something I no longer understand. One fact I do know is there is no point buying Panini 2019, it’s the same as Panini 2018 for us....

Was doing nothing the “Brave” thing? Was that the new emotion ? I don’t feel it was, but I am only Client reference number 2403***. What do I know ?

The world cup golden boot winner just signed a long contract extension with us!

I think perspective is needed. Ignore what other clubs have done. Let's let the dust settle and see where we are in 3 months time.

Back
Top Bottom