Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Home games are going to ve very difficult this coming season.

Every team will be coming hard at us to leave a mark on their first ever visit.
Outside our traditional rivals, I doubt anyone will care that much. Does anyone remember who beat Spurs in our first season at WHL? A similar logic could have been applied to our last season at WHL and we smashed all comers. We may or may not struggle at home this season, but I'm not convinced us having a new stadium is a major motivator for the rest of the league.

Keita is most decidedly not shit, he's in fact very good. Van Dijk has been incredible for them and WAY better than Sanchez right now.

Jury's out on Alisson and Fabinho but you can bet your house on that if we'd signed any of these players nobody would be saying this stuff.

It's ok not to have total meltdowns over the lack of transfers but there is no need to go full blown denial.
Stopped reading at Van Dyke is WAY better than.....

Don’t even know who you were going to say?
Gary Docherty hopefully

Kovacic isn't world class and who says Real Madrid would accept £60,000,000 of us for him? How do you know we haven't enquired about him and Madrid told us he'd cost more or wasn't for sale (despite the player APPARENTLY wanting away)?
look to me it’s all just excuses you cant deny the way we operate in transfers is frustrating. If we had shown strong interest in kovacic before now it would have broken. I just hope that we don’t end this window losing Toby rose and Dembele to just replace with zaha and grealish.

van Dijk is currently better than Davinson. They bought Becker who's been great for Roma and is probably a guaranteed upgrade on Karius. They only conceded 2 goals more than us last season ffs. Keep clutching straws, we don't need to worry because all transfers other teams make are just shit. Christ you're a moron

I’m fully aware you wish daddy took you to Anfield when you were ten instead of WHL (cough yeah right cough)

But you don’t have to keep reminding me every single day that you think Liverpool are far far better than Spurs and you wish we were run by some yanks and operating at 230M in the red.

I get it

Kovacic is available for a start and we are capable of spending £60mil on him.
Do we really know that for sure though? The only real indication of this is the story that MU were turned down because he didn't want to go there. That doesn't seem to have a lot of teeth to it though, so this is just paper talk at this point.
Spend the money for Martial. There are so many players out there that a club will not turn down if we offer a good sum £50mil starting. Why are we not capable of buying some proven talent like all the teams seem to be around us.
Could we just keep increasing offers so clubs finally relent, maybe, but that's not really good business or realistic for us. Also, we just have to realize that some teams just aren't going to want to sell or trade a quality player to us.

Poch is going to care about two things: (1) are they improving the team and (2) fit with the culture he wants in the team.

To think that all that needs to happen to buy a player like Kovacic is to offer 60MM, Real Madrid will just say "sure, no problem", the player instantly agrees with a big smile on their face is naive.

Is spending 50-60m huge amounts? I don't think so, suck a big fat cock sammy. Should've stayed in the bin you dim cunt, still haven't got the net spend thing down, have you? Dumbest 40-year-old I've ever met

Little 21yr old danish boy thinks 60M quid is not a lot.....and means it.

Go back to your PlayStation little boy. Real life is real life.

look to me it’s all just excuses you cant deny the way we operate in transfers is frustrating. If we had shown strong interest in kovacic before now it would have broken. I just hope that we don’t end this window losing Toby rose and Dembele to just replace with zaha and grealish.

Excuses for what? You know fuck all. Neither do I.

I won't be judging this transfer window until the end of the season. I'm sure if we finished 1 point off top. Unbeaten at home all season and won an FA Cup. You'd still get people moaning that if we splashed £60,000,000 on a midfielder, we'd have won the league and probably the treble.

Kovacic isn't world class and who says Real Madrid would accept £60,000,000 of us for him? How do you know we haven't enquired about him and Madrid told us he'd cost more or wasn't for sale (despite the player APPARENTLY wanting away)?

I thought he had a known release clause and that it was only at 50m gbp?
I thought the big question mark was whether we would be able to offer acceptable wages to him,
and that other clubs might be able to tempt him with greater wage offerings were our bid to be accepted?

I have to say some of you have been downright disgusting and disrespectful with these predictions. How quickly we forget what this club is built on.

We are not ones to duck and cover when hard times come. We persevere. We stand up. That’s why the woe is me attitude and lack of belief

van Dijk is currently better than Davinson.

I wouldn't say he's better, but, he does seem to score on a lot more set pieces than does our young Davinson.
It's probably unfair to say that Davinson is any worse a defender than Van Dijk though.
Dav is a very, very good young CB.

I have to say some of you have been downright disgusting and disrespectful with these predictions. How quickly we forget what this club is built on.

We are not ones to duck and cover when hard times come. We persevere. We stand up. That’s why the woe is me attitude and lack of belief

But Zaha is the difference between 7th and the title

Excuses for what? You know fuck all. Neither do I.

I won't be judging this transfer window until the end of the season. I'm sure if we finished 1 point off top. Unbeaten at home all season and won an FA Cup. You'd still get people moaning that if we splashed £60,000,000 on a midfielder, we'd have won the league and probably the treble.

Trust Sammy spurs to agree with this. Both of you are so deluded and out of touch with reality it's laughable. How would we still be moaning if we won the fa cup? We don't win any trophies, so we would be ecstatic if we won something.

We all want this club to be successful and when you are so close to potentially achieving something, but your chairman ponders around picking his nose throughout the whole summer, whilst all the top sides around us are making improvements, we have every right to frustrated.

How can we be the only team in the league to have not signed anyone ? How can you both find this acceptable? Even our own manager is baffled by the lack of activity, as proven by today's comments. I suppose you are going to tell us how fantastic it all is?

If Pochettino hasn't got a clue what's going on, then how do you explain that then ? The best manager we have had in years is totally bewildered by our transfer window and is relying on the board to back him. This isn't happening right now. You have yourself and SAmmy, who's just got back from his holiday to Butlins calling out everyone because we feel extremely frustrated. To right, this window has been an absolute fucking shambles.

I thought he had a known release clause and that it was only at 50m gbp?
I thought the big question mark was whether we would be able to offer acceptable wages to him,
and that other clubs might be able to tempt him with greater wage offerings were our bid to be accepted?

No one seems to know his release clause.

Though I'd hazard a guess that considering Kovacic's potential when they signed him, they would never set a release clause so low. It's not how Perez works.

Trust Sammy spurs to agree with this. Both of you are so deluded and out of touch with reality it's laughable. How would we still be moaning if we won the fa cup? We don't win any trophies, so we would be ecstatic if we won something.

We all want this club to be successful and when you are so close to potentially achieving something, but your chairman ponders around picking his nose throughout the whole summer, whilst all the top sides around us are making improvements, we have every right to frustrated.

How can we be the only team in the league to have not signed anyone ? How can you both find this acceptable? Even our own manager is baffled by the lack of activity, as proven by today's comments. I suppose you are going to tell us how fantastic it all is?

If Pochettino hasn't got a clue what's going on, then how do you explain that then ? The best manager we have had in years is totally bewildered by our transfer window and is relying on the board to back him. This isn't happening right now. You have yourself and SAmmy who's just got back from his holiday to Butlins calling out everyone because we feel extremely frustrated. To right, this window has been an absolute fucking shambles.

Transfer window isn't over yet.

Stop writing novels and chill yourself.

Back
Top Bottom