Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He kind of did:

After the pre-season match against Barcelona on Saturday night Pochettino was asked if he was relaxed and he answered: "Yes of course....

However, fast forward a few days to the end of the tour though and it was pointed out to the Argentine that he seemed quite happy if Spurs did not bring in any new players during the window.

"No I am not relaxed. I am a coach and when you are a coach you cannot be relaxed," he said. "You need to be confident and trust in the people that you have, and the way we work.​

He's simply refuting to the wording presented to him...

He's continually spoke of trust and calm. I believe him.

Bring on the last minute panic buys!
qxEr6k.gif

Interestingly, the odds on Chelsea signing Zaha have dropped from 6/4 to 4/1, and Spurs have been put into 6/4 to sign him after drifting out to 3/1 yesterday, whilst he's now at 4/5 to leave Palace after being at 1/6 to stay.

Either someone has whacked a hefty amount on Zaha joining Spurs, or theres something in it.

Twitter mug. I follow him during the transfer windows to save myself the ag of trawling through various media for transfer rumours. But the lack of signings have sent him and his acolytes into a bit of a meltdown. I can unfollow in a mere 148 hours! Pheww....
He went into meltdown mode the moment the season ended

Were we a better team with Walker or Trippier? That's what I care about

Were we?

If so, bearing in mind there were other changes in personel + Wembley to factor in, how much of that is exclusively down to Walker.

Good like quantifying that with any degree of credibility.

Just offer 30m for Haidara and be done with it. Why we fanny around with unobtainable targets is so frustrating. Get players in for reasonable fees (not N'Jie's & N'Koudou's) because we sure as hell won't pay the asking price for those in huge demand.

Just offer 30m for Haidara and be done with it. Why we fanny around with unobtainable targets is so frustrating. Get players in for reasonable fees (not N'Jie's & N'Koudou's) because we sure as hell won't pay the asking price for those in huge demand.
But if we go after reasonable gets we will piss off the part of our fanbase that want us to sign big.

There's always someone that is going to be upset

Were we?

If so, bearing in mind there were other changes in personel + Wembley to factor in, how much of that is exclusively down to Walker.

Good like quantifying that with any degree of credibility.
So because I can't exactly quantify the effect of swapping Trippier for Walker, it's not even up for discussion? I think it's very obvious that Walker is the better player of the two

Back
Top Bottom