Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm trying not to get pulled in to the panic mode people appear to be in. I'd rather buy no one than waste money on a player who does not add to our squad. When other clubs are decrying their purchases half way during the season, we can thank our lucky stars we didn't get bowed down by the pressure.
(Cue Daniel breaking our record spend at 5 minutes to midnight on 3 August! )
Wise words

"Anthony Martial? Is better for [press officer] Karen [Shotbolt] to answer if she wants to answer," Mourinho said. Shotbolt then replied: "We're here to talk about the game."
Asked by another reporter later if Martial will link up with the side on their return to Manchester, Mourinho said: "I don't know."

So that's Martial leaving United then.

Apparently Poch was in a very good mood during and after the game vs Milan. Probably had a meeting with Levy who was also on site so maybe he got some good news

"Anthony Martial? Is better for [press officer] Karen [Shotbolt] to answer if she wants to answer," Mourinho said. Shotbolt then replied: "We're here to talk about the game."
Asked by another reporter later if Martial will link up with the side on their return to Manchester, Mourinho said: "I don't know."

So that's Martial leaving United then.
Pleeeeeeeeeease.

Though in some ways I'd rather we just get Zaha instead because I cannot for one second shake the feeling that United would use the bait of Martial to fuck us over.

Wise words
Thanks. We don't always get it right in the transfer market (like every other club), but we can't cut our losses as easily as some. Let's hope that lightning strikes twice and we unearth another diamond like Dele or Eric for a peanut (just shows how crazy the market is when 5mil is considered a peanut!)

Thanks. We don't always get it right in the transfer market (like every other club), but we can't cut our losses as easily as some. Let's hope that lightning strikes twice and we unearth another diamond like Dele or Eric for a peanut (just shows how crazy the market is when 5mil is considered a peanut!)

I’m sorry but Eric dier is far from a diamond.

New stadium without a single signing is like buying iphone 10x without simm card.
Strange comparison. Comparing the best stadium in football to a crock of shit like an iPhone.

But seriously, you do feel this is an opportunity missed. A good transfer window plus the feel good factor of the new stadium plus the fell good from the World Cup and it could have been an unforgettable season.

Back
Top Bottom