Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not about failure it's about being patient for success to come. We aren't as big as Liverpool or Manchester United. City are owned by the richest person going for heavens sake. Stop comparing them as football clubs to us. Liverpool continuously spend more than we do and where's it got them? 8 of the last 9 seasons finishing below us. West Ham have done their money this year and there's not a single one of them would add proper value to our team. Why spend money if there isn't someone good enough to fill areas that need improvement?

We are in the process of forking out nearly £1bn for our future. The new stadium turns us into a completely different animal now but our window of opportunity was 2015-2017! Have a word mate. It would have been lovely to have won a trophy but Pochettino didn't underperform those years he overperformed! It sounds to me like he's the victim of his own success when it comes to how you view him.

We all want success, Tottenham have to do it a different way however. I wouldn't change it for the megabucks of City though or the Oil money of the Blue Russians. The way Tottenham are doing it of profit making, investment, growth, thorough scouting and a focus on mixing youth with experience has shown any football club that's interested in noticing that you can build something special without being owned by a person treating the club as it's little toy, or if you're competing with bigger clubs with bigger finances and a further global reach. I'm hugely proud of how far we've come, I wish you were too.

Here's to playing in the 2nd largest stadium in the whole of England next year with two of the worlds most expensive players in our ranks, a creative midfielder any team would want in their squad and one of the worlds most exciting young defenders in our ranks forming our spine for the next ten years (not to mention a World Cup winning captain with a good 4 years left in him coming back into the fray) moving forward, its only going to get bigger and better long term from here, just try to enjoy it mate

Even Lloris looked shady last season because Pochettino tried to get him to play as a sweeper.

I’m completely with you on most of that - what Levy has done in the climate of is commendable and deserves a manager who can deliver the success the project deserves.

I forgot to mention about West Ham's huge slice of fortune moving into a ground that doubles their match day income, ultimately leaving us in theory £1bn behind them financially. Watch how much of a pigs ear they'll make of it and how we'll continue to fend them off by running things like a proper football club.

Comparing us against teams that have Monopoly money to spend when we're trying to run a tight ship and had to make sure we didn't go the way of Leeds or Aston Villa, is absolutely blind sighted mate. As a club we're in fantastic shape.

Even Lloris looked shady last season because Pochettino tried to get him to play as a sweeper.

I’m completely with you on most of that - what Levy has done in the climate of is commendable and deserves a manager who can deliver the success the project deserves.

Pochettino, the manager that has given us our 3 highest finishes in premier league era in the space of 4 years and our highest finishes consecutively since the 1980's. If we are disloyal to him now we'll get what we deserve

Lloris looked shady because he wasn’t coming of his line as much and stop wuming and take a break lad

Also Everton about to complete Malcolm for 30 million and only 80k a week! Surely the rumours about us and Woolwich wanting him must be false? If either of us wanted him we would bite there hands of at that price

And was Lloris's mistake in the World Cup Final because of Pochettino or because of him playing sweeper keeper? By your logic I'm guessing De Gea's poor mistakes this summer was because of how Mourinho has been using him to block shots or do what goalies should

Sounds like Woolwich fans about us a few seasons ago

The difference is we didn't go nuts like Klopp and the rest of the Premier League with money to spend clearly has to overtake them. We did it with our finances restricted building it from grassroots up.

If Liverpool can chuck money at things and we can't because of the investment going on behind the scenes what more can we do?

I'd love a few new signings but I'd be so pissed off if those big names signings turned out to be shit and we do all our money out of panic (cough cough, Everton!)

Don't judge too early, he didn't exactly do much for Roma's title push last year or help Brazil make it very far.

They are looking good absolutely but we still finish about them every year

He's excellent and 100% an upgrade on Karius and Mignolet.

However, Fazio was also excellent last season and we know all about him.

The difference is we didn't go nuts like Klopp and the rest of the Premier League with money to spend clearly has to overtake them. We did it with our finances restricted building it from grassroots up.

If Liverpool can chuck money at things and we can't because of the investment going on behind the scenes what more can we do?

I'd love a few new signings but I'd be so pissed off if those big names signings turned out to be shit and we do all our money out of panic (cough cough, Everton!)
Don't know what the point of this comment is tbh

Quick question, would you rather see Spurs do what they are doing in building a new stadium, acquiring under the radar talent and ensuring that if we don't make top 4 one year it won't do any financial damage to the club whereby investment slowly but surely makes us a better team or would you rather see us fork out world record transfer fees for certain areas of the field like Liverpool have done with the signing of Allison and Van Dijk knowing that if it doesn't work out, our club could be looking at financial ruin?

Risk not having a Tottenham for a few billy big bollocks signings? Absolutely no chance!

Back
Top Bottom