2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it funny how two teams make whole sale changes, its if they agreed before the game that both first 11s will be thier 2nd 11. If England played thier first 11 and beat Belgium well, wouldn't that have been a better outcome than getting beat and playing the odds.
You can’t comment here. You didn’t qualify for discussion.

What I'm getting at is, as has been backed up by numerous other posters, it is a racial slur. Don't use it.

No-one has ever called a Pakistani a Pak. Don't do that skirting around the borders stuff.

There are many words that hold racial tension around the world. Just because we're English doesn't excuse us from learning what is and isn't acceptable. Just like the example I put forward with the goat and Australia.

I'm not out of line simply saying don't use a racial slur. Just write those 5 more letters to end any confusion.

We're a multi-cultural club, with a multi-cultural fanbase and when words pop up that have been used, famously by Jamie Vardy, as racial slurs is it too much to ask to just not say it?

I don’t think you’re getting it

Paki, Argie, Jap, Scot etc aren’t racial slurs

It’s ridiculous

Lessons learnt tonight. We are toothless without Kane upfront Trips is twice the player Arnold is also somethings wrong with Rose either he hasn’t and won’t recover from that injury, or he’s not right in the head because again he looked slow and poor going forward and back. Personally thought Dier was ok defensively poor going forward but we all knew that.

Also Dembele is the mustard no England player could touch him tonight and he doesn’t get in that Belgium team. Think that will be our downfall overall the CM area is to weak and s better team exploited that

Danny Rose seems to be getting some stick...

I watched with two United fans, a Fulham fan and a Boro fan. All agreed that Danny was the one positive of the new players, possibly our best player, that he should come in for Young.

If we're going to lay into the changes, then start with Vardy, who was piss poor, and continue with Dier, who wasn't much better. Shame Rashford didn't do more to secure a starting spot on Tuesday.

The Spanish TV team liked TAA, we thought he blew hot and cold. His set piece deliveries were cack.

Before the game the internet howls... "We have to finish second!"

England finish second.

The internet howls... "England are shit!"

The media, bitter cunts from elsewhere, self-loathing football hipsters who were following Iran and Peru, the utter horror of Twitter, the lot of you can fuck the fuck off and leave England fans to support England, our manager, our players.

I hope we smash the fucking granny out of Colombia, then win our next three matches with similar aplomb, then again I'm funny that way.
100% predictable though.

At least we know Gareth has the right starting XI now...

:pochshock:

Danny Rose seems to be getting some stick...

I watched with two United fans, a Fulham fan and a Boro fan. All agreed that Danny was the one positive of the new players, possibly our best player, that he should come in for Young.

If we're going to lay into the changes, then start with Vardy, who was piss poor, and continue with Dier, who wasn't much better. Shame Rashford didn't do more to secure a starting spot on Tuesday.

The Spanish TV team liked TAA, we thought he blew hot and cold. His set piece deliveries were cack.

I agree, I thought Rose did well. Was hoping Rashford would light it up but generally he didn't do much.

Same team as started against Tunisia with Rose in for Young.

I hope Dele is fit.

Useful, perhaps...

Live TV World Cup games - the last-16 split (all times BST)
  • Saturday 15:00: France v Argentina - BBC
  • Saturday 19:00: Uruguay v Portugal - ITV
  • Sunday 15:00: Spain v Russia - BBC
  • Sunday 19:00: Croatia v Denmark - ITV
  • Monday 15:00: Brazil v Mexico - ITV
  • Monday 19:00: Belgium v Japan - BBC
  • Tuesday 15:00: Sweden v Switzerland - BBC
  • Tuesday 19:00: England v Colombia - ITV

Last edited:
That's the thing I hate about the situation, they way people behave after a defeat. It's all guesswork. If we had won tonight then lose against Japan in the next game are you saying people would be delighted? The press/media can frame it how they like. Two days ago media were wanking over England suggestion we can win the World Cup.

We've qualified. This is a great thing, something we haven't done in a decade(?). We've done it having rested almost our entire first 11, whilst Colombia had to play their best 11 and lost one of their best players (we've never lost to Colombia).

Don't know where you're getting all this from. I said before the game that we should look to win every game. I stand by that and am disappointed we didn't win. I would rather we kept a winning team together on the pitch. Whether i'm right or wrong remains to be seen. Having said that, there isn't really a right or wrong. It might not have any bearing at all on upcoming games. Just my opinion, and judging by the prevailing one here, not one the board shares as a whole. Shrug.

You're wasting your breath mate. I told somebody to give their head a wobble this evening (as in clear your head) and apparently I'm now a racist. Fucking stupid.

Totally agree mate

And Joe isn’t a troll
Just a sad drunk

He’ll be ok tomorrow when he’s sobered up and deleted all his offensive posts

Rinse and repeat

Back
Top Bottom