Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because his post was fucking shit. Read it ffs. Complete bollocks - even you must see that? It’s trolling - pure and simple. “Expressing doubts or misgivings”? Get to fuck. Spurs fan my hole.
If we are naming people a troll on the basis of their post being shit, we’re all in a bit of bother, no?

We're finally in a position to start winning things, closer, than I can remember us in my time as a fan, to being competitive rather than being considered long shots, and there are people still moaning. It is hard to understand. Although this season didn't continue the meteoric trajectory of the past two seasons, we certainly consolidated our position as one of the top four. I'm not even particularly worried about next season, because we're so well run.

My first memory as a Spurs fan was the voice on BBC announcing that we'd gone out of the FA Cup to Port Vale - I was so young that I didn't even realise that it was the Cup. Compared to that...times are good. We should be enjoying them, right?

I don’t think so. When someone’s first post is overtly negative and full of inaccuracies and conjecture, it’s a fair bet that they’re trolling.
Was mainly pouting out that we are all guilty of a shit post.
John Thomas John Thomas has a point though. The majority of criticism of the club or board is generally met with “troll” and “support someone else”. There’s many on here would love it be an echo chamber, not a forum.
As it goes, on the post in question. I believe it to be shit, but posted by a Spurs fan. A young one that didn’t see the nineties.

We’re all thinking it...

Dreams do come true • r/coys

yet8v7meinv01.jpg

How fucking short is this woman?
He's earning a little extra with panto season recruiting.

Was mainly pouting out that we are all guilty of a shit post.
John Thomas John Thomas has a point though. The majority of criticism of the club or board is generally met with “troll” and “support someone else”. There’s many on here would love it be an echo chamber, not a forum.
As it goes, on the post in question. I believe it to be shit, but posted by a Spurs fan. A young one that didn’t see the nineties.

Yes of course we are.

I honestly don’t mind criticism of the club as long as it’s based on fact, and numbers are provided to support that criticism, but the vast majority consists of ‘we need to spend more’, we should pay him what he wants’, ‘we’ll never compete unless we pay the players what they’re worth’, but never explaining how we’re supposed to achieve that. Some just laugh at Levy for his baldness (ho ho).

The posts in defence of Levy and the club are far more eloquent ( Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 ’s in particular). Arguments are supported with cold, hard financial facts and I for one have learned a lot from them. Contrastingly I’ve never learned anything from John Thomas John Thomas or Fidel Castro Fidel Castro for example - just a relentless stream of negativity repeated over and over again ad nauseam. Each to their own I guess.

Last edited:
If we are complaining about "nearlys" then surely we are better off complaining about "nearly" winning something than when we were complaining about "nearly" getting relegated or "nearly" going bankrupt.

People have such short memories and think we’re entitled to win trophies every season. People forget we were mid table for years not so long ago.

Even when we were finishing 5th/6th we were just the best of the rest, now we can be considered a top 4 club.

Now it’s just about bridging the gap to win the title which is the hardest step to make. We’re in a much better place with Levy then before. And yes he has made mistakes and maybe he’s been a bit tight at times when it comes to transfers but we are building the best stadium in the country, success will follow! Don’t need negative people on this forum. And yes I was gutted about the FA cup!
Who are all these people saying we should win trophies every season?
Not singling you out. Its just the pro-levy people are quick to point out lies by anti-levy people but suddenly don't spot obvious lies for pro levy agendas. Same every season. Pro-levy people say I hate posters who lie. Reality is they are fine with lying if its in support of levy but not against.

If we are naming people a troll on the basis of their post being shit, we’re all in a bit of bother, no?
Sadly some on here think they even know more than 1% of the likes of poch. They can't accept we our all amateur football pundits. Which is why we our on here to begin with.

Last edited:
We're finally in a position to start winning things, closer, than I can remember us in my time as a fan, to being competitive rather than being considered long shots, and there are people still moaning. It is hard to understand.
We all love to have a moan gareth. I can't wait to die & be a ghost.
You have people moaning about levy, then a lot more people like you moaning about them. Then the royalty of moaners like me moaning about you moaning about them moaning. Who dares moan about me & takes my crown?!

John Thomas John Thomas I see you liked that post. Do you agree that we’re making no progress? Do you believe Levy is lying? Do you believe all our players will leave? Do you believe we bottle every big game?

And why must you leap to the defence of every nasty little ignorant shit who comes on here to bash the club with their semi-literate posts? (Usually their first). You’re getting desperate these days.

Is it relevant what mr. "We will never build the stadium, you gullable fools" believes? He's a sad joke, and likes and supports anything written by similarly daft fucks.

Heeeeeeeeeeeres Scotty.

You can appreciate why JT and Scotty are so quick to jump to the defense of the one post keyboard bashers - It must get boring just the two of them, tirelessly searching for substance in the great big conspiracy of One Eyed Levy's missing pot of gold.

And beggars cant be choosers.

Levy-Out.jpg

John Thomas John Thomas I see you liked that post. Do you agree that we’re making no progress? Do you believe Levy is lying? Do you believe all our players will leave? Do you believe we bottle every big game?

And why must you leap to the defence of every nasty little ignorant shit who comes on here to bash the club with their semi-literate posts? (Usually their first). You’re getting desperate these days.
Joe Clash Joe Clash . I haven't denied we have made progress since 2001.
But like the poster, I do think we could be more daring in our pursuit of silverware. Basically, we haven't won any. I also sympathise with the posters view that for Levy, fiscal success and financial profit trumps everything.
But my main point is that anyone who dares question our ownership seems do be deemed a troll/cunt/scum fan/ ....take your pick.
As someone said a few posts ago, it may as well be an echo chamber rather than a forum. An ENIC appreciation society.
You don't have to love the ENIC way to be a passionate Spurs fan.
I'm not trolling Joe. I just saw nothing in the post to suggest he aint Spurs

But my main point that anyone who dares question our ownership seems do be deemed a troll/cunt/scum fan/ ....take your pick.

Not anyone, but constructive criticism is rare as to the point of invisibility. It’s always ‘why don’t we spend more money’ without any substance or reliance on facts. I wasn’t a fan of Levy before I joined this forum, but I’ve been swayed by reading the posts of people who have taken the trouble to back up their arguments - that and the absolute miracle of 3 successive top 4 finishes whilst building a massive new stadium. I’d have laughed if anyone had told me that 6 years ago.

I’m aware these achievements aren’t trophies, but it’s still a huge accomplishment. Every club in the league would have struggled given those circumstances and it’s annoying when some nimrod comes along and says ‘get Levy out because I want to win big games’ - as if some of us don’t ffs.

When someone comes along and explains to me slowly, because I’m a bit thick, how we can build a stadium whilst paying City, Chavs, scum, dippers and Utd wages when our turnover is less than some club’s wage bills I’ll be all ears.

I don’t think so. When someone’s first post is overtly negative and full of inaccuracies and conjecture, it’s a fair bet that they’re trolling.
I just took it as a poorly written post by someone with an ignorant and entitled view. Possibly a short term memory too.
There's plenty of them about.

Edit: that last sentence isn't aim at you Joe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom