Spurs v Watford (Mon 30th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never been angry after a win before but that was really shit.

Thanks to a combination of Watford being rubbish and Lloris having a stormer we scraped the win.

Dembele, Dier, Son, Wanyama, Davies all terrible today. We will struggle in the next 3 games if we play like this. We've looked off for a while and I think the team needs freshening up. Whether that's the system (3 at the back) or personnel (Lamela/Lucas for Son plz or Eriksen in a deeper role).

What's really worrying is how I've gone from thinking we were well stocked with quality at centre-mid to thinking we need a complete overhaul.

Anyway - up the Spurs.

Until Woolwich are out of Europa league, you kind of have to be rooting for Chavs to do the Dippers on Sunday...

But aren’t England allowed up to 5 teams in the CL like last year? So it wouldn’t matter if we finish 4th and Woolwich win the Europa league because we still get in. Or did they change that since last year?

Had Son scored tonight.. I had sinply the BEST, once in a season opportunity for a song:
DELE-KANE-SON... DELE-KANE-SON...
DELE-KANE-SON . THASS WHATCHA NEED.
IF YOU WANNA BE THE BEST. . MMM,
BETTER THAN THE REST, UH HUH...
DELE-KANE-SON'S WHAT YOU NEED...
AND THEY SCORED FOR TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR.... YEAAAAH....!

Except Son didn't! :sonhmm:

DAMMIT!

Just got back from work to catch the last 20 mins, what the fuck was that garbage :pochshock:

Any more of those pointless back passes I'd have turned my testicles into humous.

Good win. Not our best performance but I’ve have taken 2-0 if offered this morning.

West Brom away is always tough, and they’ve come into some form recently. Win that and it doesn’t matter what happens Sunday between Chelsea and Liverpool (preferably a draw though).

Whether that's the system (3 at the back) or personnel (Lamela/Lucas for Son plz or Eriksen in a deeper role).

I kind of wish Dele and Eriksen could somehow both play behind Kane- Eriksen is a bit of an awkward fit out wide just as Luka was for us. We don't really have "wide forwards" a la Mane and Salah, but, we get by all the same.
Would love to see Eriksen in a deeper role, but I think he would need a second DM to cover for him.
Would love to see Dele playing CM for us, but I don't think he or his agent would accept it, sadly.

Anyways- extremely glad to win that one. Kane still doesn't quite look fully in form though.

But aren’t England allowed up to 5 teams in the CL like last year? So it wouldn’t matter if we finish 4th and Woolwich win the Europa league because we still get in. Or did they change that since last year?

Is that true? I wondered if that was case- had assumed we'd only have 4 slots.
If so, I'm feeling ALOT better!

Hard fucking work that tonight...

We’ve got a few (too many) off the pace at the moment: Kane, Son, Dembele, Dier, Wanyama, Lamela...

Lucky it was Watford..

Agree with the calls for a freshen up - if only to get over the line. Moura must be livid

Good interview with Harry.

3 games left. I think he can realistically score 3 more goals. Takes him up to the 30 mark, which will be an improvement on last season and he goes again next season for more improvement.

Have to feel a little bit for Watford today, unlucky not to get something out of another somewhat limp Spurs display - back 5 were superb though, top marks all round there. Its strange to think back to our midfield axis of Dier & Dembele how it was, and how it seems to have regressed - seem to spend a lot of time playing ourselves into trouble at the moment in the middle of the park. Kane still not properly fit but on another day he gets a hat-trick, great perseverance for the goal. Enjoyed Lamela's cameo again, would like to see him get more minutes as he brings a bit of unpredictability and (dare i say it on here...) *urgency*.

If you'd have offered me a workmanlike 2-0 before the game id have taken it and so would most of us, so onwards and upwards hopefully

Back
Top Bottom