Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're meant to play well in those minutes yeah?
Rose hasn’t played up to his standard since returning, but in the past he’s been otherworldly. You don’t replace a player like that with a pedestrian player like Bertrand.

As far as Aurier, you’re off your rocker. Out of those 4 players one has been head and shoulders above the rest by any objective measure, and that’s Aurier. In his first season in England, and his first season under Poch. He’s also the youngest of the crop.

Mate, don’t give up your day job. Running a football club ain’t on the cards for you.

Really want De Ligt. Think he’s a different gravy (admittedly have only seen him play 3/4 times) but the write ups are fantastic. Our defence would be sorted for the next decade

Rose hasn’t played up to his standard since returning, but in the past he’s been otherworldly. You don’t replace a player like that with a pedestrian player like Bertrand.

As far as Aurier, you’re off your rocker. Out of those 4 players one has been head and shoulders above the rest by any objective measure, and that’s Aurier. In his first season in England, and his first season under Poch. He’s also the youngest of the crop.

Mate, don’t give up your day job. Running a football club ain’t on the cards for you.
There's no need for Bertrand

But there's an argument for sessenon (not a single 'meaningful' minute played in the prem)

And I'm absolutely not off my rocker by suggesting auriers 'meaningful' minutes have been carried out at a rate well below the level required by a leading side and exempt from critisism

I'm not trying to run a football club but am I still able to post a modest opinion on a football forum? Please tell

Last edited:
There's no need for Bertrand

But there's an argument for sessenon (not a single 'meaningful' minute played in the prem)

And I'm absolutely not off my rocker by suggesting auriers 'meaningful' minutes have been carried out at a rate well below the level required by a leading side and exempt from critisism

I'm not trying to run a football club but am I still able to post a modest opinion on a football forum? Please tell
Not if you’re suggesting any of the 3 players mentioned have been superior to Aurier this season - because they have in no way at all. When an opinion is patently false it ceases to have value.

And for the 147th time, Sessegnon is not a LB. He’s not a LWB. He’s a LWF. On the lists of things you can guarantee it’s that Sessegnon will never play a match at LB for Spurs.

It’s not going to happen. Can we please kill this off now, or do we have to have the same conversation on a loop. All. Fucking. Summer?

Not if you’re suggesting any of the 3 players mentioned have been superior to Aurier this season - because they have in no way at all. When an opinion is patently false it ceases to have value.

And for the 147th time, Sessegnon is not a LB. He’s not a LWB. He’s a LWF. On the lists of things you can guarantee it’s that Sessegnon will never play a match at LB for Spurs.

It’s not going to happen. Can we please kill this off now, or do we have to have the same conversation on a loop. All. Fucking. Summer?
There is no reason Sessegnon wouldn't play on the left in the midfield of a 3-4-3 formation. Sessegnon is 17, he can be whatever Poch moulds him to. At the same age Danny Rose was also a left winger.

He's played at LB and LWB a lot this season, there's no reason why he couldn't do that for us until the time comes he takes Sonny's position.

It's all about learning at his age. Especially in the Prem. To guarantee he will never play at LB or LWB again is mentally bold. He may fail monumentally as a forward in the Prem and adapt. He's 17. Nothing is set in stone.

Would mind Bertrand to sub Davies if Rose finally finds his way back North.
Lemina would also be good, and hopefully a competition would bring the best out of him and Winks.

As we have Dele, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, and Moura I can’t see us doing any big business in that department (unless one of them goes). Maybe Maddison as he’s young and could have an assimilation season

There is no reason Sessegnon wouldn't play on the left in the midfield of a 3-4-3 formation. Sessegnon is 17, he can be whatever Poch moulds him to. At the same age Danny Rose was also a left winger.

He's played at LB and LWB a lot this season, there's no reason why he couldn't do that for us until the time comes he takes Sonny's position.

It's all about learning at his age. Especially in the Prem. To guarantee he will never play at LB or LWB again is mentally bold. He may fail monumentally as a forward in the Prem and adapt. He's 17. Nothing is set in stone.
I guaranteed that he would never play a match at LB for Spurs. I’d be willing to take any action you want to come up with on that. The fact that there’s a lingering idea that he could be played at LB/LWB is one reason why I doubt he’ll push for a move this season - another year to cement his transition.

But, assuming he leaves, he’ll either be assured that he’s going to play at WF or he’s going to go to one of the other many clubs that would assure him that he’s going to play at WF. There’s more money playing up front, there’s no way he accepts going back in the box now that he’s out and scoring goals in bunches.

The bit I've emboldened for you makes no sense. So if you're going to rate your value above everyone else's then at least demonstrate basic intellect.

Clue: subjective/objective

Sessenon started out LB has moved further forward .,, is still a kid really so may I dare to suggest his actual position may still be in motion

With 3 at the back he would play wing back as both rose and Davies have/do

shall we just shut this forum and wait for you to tell us all how it really is?

come now SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur

MemphisWill MemphisWill will brook no further discussion of this subject...He has spoken already
QLodW.gif

He hasn’t played anywhere but LWF since the very early part of this year and has played more matches and minutes as a LW now than a LB. he’s also Fulham’s top scorer. Rose was a LW that couldn’t hack it so moved backwards to where he could be an excellent LB instead. He was never a top scoring LW for a successful campaign.

Sessegnon’s transition mirrors that of Bale. If we won’t commit to playing him at LW I guarantee you Liverpool will and that’s where he’ll go. Again, he will never play LB at Spurs. I’ll wager whatever you knuckleheads come up with on that fact.

He hasn’t played anywhere but LWF since the very early part of this year and has played more matches and minutes as a LW now than a LB. he’s also Fulham’s top scorer. Rose was a LW that couldn’t hack it so moved backwards to where he could be an excellent LB instead. He was never a top scoring LW for a successful campaign.

Sessegnon’s transition mirrors that of Bale. If we won’t commit to playing him at LW I guarantee you Liverpool will and that’s where he’ll go. Again, he will never play LB at Spurs. I’ll wager whatever you knuckleheads come up with on that fact.

Harry Kane's daughters life

He's played at LB 19 times this season fyi.

Bale also started at LB for Spurs fyi.

He's not usurping Mane from LWF at Liverpool anytime soon fyi.

This bit about Sessegnon somehow reminds me when Redknapp plays Bale back at LB a couple games so new signing Pienaar could play.

Its a very bold statement to say Sessenon wont ever play a single game as LB for us.

Anyhow, i too once thought of Lemina highly. Mostly because he came from Juventus and really good in FM few years ago. But in his time at Southampton. Nothing remotely convince me he would do well for us. Anybody try to enlighten me?

Back
Top Bottom