Tottenham Hotspur vs. Juventus - Tuesday, February 13th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

there is no doubt that it will be a very tough tie, for me it is too close to call, not sure if it is 50/50 or 60/40 or the other way around. Episodes can also tilt the balance one way or the other and then see the game going in one direction. Juve with everybody fit is probably a bit more complete, but at present we have so many injuries that is not the case any more so I am just hoping not to concede even a 0-0 would not be too bad, 1-0 or 2-0 would obviously be better but I doubt there will be many goals anyway
Agreed. These are two teams with good defences and good attacking play. It will probably come down to the odd goal if there is a winner tonight

Nice to hear the thoughts of a Juventus fan before the match.

I've read the same thing on the Juventus forums, that Spurs defense is seen as not being excellent. You will get a surprise I think because this is not correct, we have a very good defense. We are so pretty in attack that perhaps our defense does not get recognized as much. It is a shame Dybala is not playing, I was looking forward to seeing him. Do you think he will be fit for the return leg? I know you are not used to conceding, but we always score. You will see how good Kane is, better than most Juventus fans are expecting I think.

Well I did not say you have a bad defense but you do concede an average of over 13 shots per game in UCL which is not terrible but it is not great either. Juve had an average of 7.5 this year (before we fixed our defense in December) and 4.5 last year. So if I have to pick an area that can be relatively weaker is the defense, but I am not expecting it to be a walk in the park as I already mentioned

English clubs seem to have a hex over Juventus. Spurs last CL round of 16 game tie saw us knock out Allegri's Milan. We like to press teams and play in their half which can make us vunerable to pacy counter attacks, but you lack that, Bernadeschi aside but he may not start. I think it was 60-40 in favour of you when the draw was announced but I think it's switched towards us because of your injury situation.

well Costa is not too shabby either on counters ;) and as a matter of fact I think that Allegri will try to block the 3 offensive players in our 3/4 with 2 tight lines and then have him start counters like it happened in Naples last December. Not sure it can work but it seems to be the plan

Juventus what is it 1 goal in 16 games.
Conceded a few before that though.
It be fair Juve finished where they ought in their group CL
They drew against Sporting away, Barca at home and lost to Barca away .
Conceding 5 goals.
We lost none and conceded 4 and finished way ahead of where we were supposed to.

The two leagues are completely different.
There is 14 points difference between 2nd and 3rd
I doubt we wil win. I doubt we will even score. We will be lucky to get one. A draw would be a fantastic result.

Yet you never know, it’s football.

I think we'll match the 433 they've been playing recently and try and beat them man-for-man

I think they'll probably go:
Buffon
Litch - Benatia - Chiellini - Sandro
Pjanic - Khedira - Marchisio
Bernardeschi- Higgy - Mandz / Costa
Us:
Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Rose
Eriksen - Wanyama - Dembele
Lamela / Lucas - Kane - Son
Man for man, I think we have a decent chance when the players are written down like that.

Really looking forward to this. Could go either way. I will feel more confident as the game goes on if we don't concede because we always get stronger as the game goes on, and at the same time the opponent weakens. My hope is that we'll pass the ball around quickly, you have to do that because Juventus are very good with their shape.

I think we'll match the 433 they've been playing recently and try and beat them man-for-man

I think they'll probably go:
Buffon
Litch - Benatia - Chiellini - Sandro
Pjanic - Khedira - Marchisio
Bernardeschi- Higgy - Mandz / Costa
Us:
Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Rose
Eriksen - Wanyama - Dembele
Lamela / Lucas - Kane - Son
Man for man, I think we have a decent chance when the players are written down like that.

Dele Alli is 100% starting for us. :deledoubt:

Didn’t Juve play on Friday? So have had a days more rest wheres our team ran themselves ragged on Saturday, rested Sunday before heading out to Turin on Monday.

It’s going to be hard for us to match the same intensity as most of the team will be playing again.

Didn’t Juve play on Friday? So have had a days more rest wheres our team ran themselves ragged on Saturday, rested Sunday before heading out to Turin on Monday.

It’s going to be hard for us to match the same intensity as most of the team will be playing again.
Whilst we dominated Woolwich, I think we played within ourselves on Saturday. Nobody looked weary, or leggy but I guess we will see tonight.
I’m quietly confident we will get something out of this game. I’m sticking with 1-1.
Great result to bring back home.

Back
Top Bottom