January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To all the guys knocking City and PSG. I agree with the sentiment, its like getting the cheat code for FM, just buying up everyone. But are you honestly saying that if we were in that situation and winning the PL every year, doing well and maybe winning the CL AND finishing above woolwich EVERY year you would not be happy.
On saying all that when these teams rich owners get bored/old/die every one them are in the shit
No, I would be fucking bored. If I was owned by Citeh's owners I would be fucking embarrassed. No way I could support such evil.

Interesting point. But I have to ask why are you feel this way??

Ginolaflair Ginolaflair

It's hard to say really. Maybe it's the money in the game. Maybe it's the infatuation with constant transfers. I just struggle to really enjoy watching 90 minutes of football lately where as I have no problem with sitting up until 6am watching 6 hours of UFC which is mainly adverts.

It's not a new feeling for me and I've felt this way for a year or so now. I used to watch every big champions league game, every premier league game shown on the tv. Now I'll only watch Spurs play and it's almost like I'm doing it because I feel obligated and not because I enjoy it anymore.

apparently they have signed some kid for new york city for 5 million and loaned him straight to middlesborough

so its a 20 million transfer to middlesborough for that kid in 2 yrs time

the day that one of their other teams is in the more prestigious and richer league, and city become the feeder, i will laugh so hard that my remaining testicle explodes
My son played football with Jack Harrison at school & youth league level before he went off to the USA on a Football scholarship when he was 14.
He was always head & shoulders better than anyone else & was always going to end up doing very well. Shame he has to go to fucking Boro though. What a dump.

Ginolaflair Ginolaflair

It's hard to say really. Maybe it's the money in the game. Maybe it's the infatuation with constant transfers. I just struggle to really enjoy watching 90 minutes of football lately where as I have no problem with sitting up until 6am watching 6 hours of UFC which is mainly adverts.

It's not a new feeling for me and I've felt this way for a year or so now. I used to watch every big champions league game, every premier league game shown on the tv. Now I'll only watch Spurs play and it's almost like I'm doing it because I feel obligated and not because I enjoy it anymore.

I kind of agree. Too much money, no real surprises, so many glory-hunters, media bollocks etc etc

I'll probably watch most of the World Cup though, it may sound absurd but there's something 'pure' about international football compared to club football at least at the elite level. I know FIFA and Qatar and all that but you can't buy winning the World Cup, just hosting it. ;-)

Ginolaflair Ginolaflair

That is so interesting its unbelievable. When I was younger I too watched every game I could and now only watch Spurs (although i do keep an eye on Brentford's results) and sometimes I even say to the missus "Spurs are on " and she asks if I'm watching it. And I find myself (depending on who we are playing) saying "maybe". I mean fucking maybe to the team I've followed since 1970. I dont understand it.

I kind of agree. Too much money, no real surprises, so many glory-hunters, media bollocks etc etc

I'll probably watch most of the World Cup though, it may sound absurd but there's something 'pure' about international football compared to club football at least at the elite level. I know FIFA and Qatar and all that but you can't buy winning the World Cup, just hosting it. ;-)

I'll definitely be watching England get knocked out anyway....

All jokes aside though, I might make a point of watching the World Cup with my grandad. There is something special about international tournaments.

source.gif

All jokes aside though, I might make a point of watching the World Cup with my grandad. There is something special about international tournaments.
I love International tournaments. I really don't understand the hate England gets from everyone.

That is so interesting its unbelievable. When I was younger I too watched every game I could and now only watch Spurs (although i do keep an eye on Brentford's results) and sometimes I even say to the missus "Spurs are on " and she asks if I'm watching it. And I find myself (depending on who we are playing) saying "maybe". I mean fucking maybe to the team I've followed since 1970. I dont understand it.

A friend of mine was a lifelong Liverpool fan (though he liked us too because he loved Hoddle). Now he supports Bristol City. He said he was embarrassed by all the Suarez / King Kenny / pro-racism shirt stuff. Plus he just hated the money aspect of the Prem.

Then again, he switched off his TV and phone at 3-0 down v Milan in the CL Cup final and missed everything, so he’s a bit of a melt.

Well we're not going to win it so at some point you'll get your wish!

The World Cup is still the daddy of sporting events as far as I'm concerned. Don't like where it's being held (more down to Putin than because of any hatred towards the Russian people) but I'm looking forward to it.

Can we please get some players that can actually score goals other than Kane and Son?

It seems like our front 2 HAS to play every game or we lose.

Back
Top Bottom