January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been told 23 out , 23 in with the next 24 hours
No fucking way is he leaving!
Eriksen.jpg

Personally thought he had promise... the same people saying give Sissoko time should have given this fella the same. He put in a shift and showed glimpses of his potential. Was sad to see him go, could have been ok with all our games this year. Another one who came with big promise but wasn't given time. We either sign these youngsters knowing they will need time or we got for old experienced legs and expensive players. Can't have it all
Same. I was always in Vinny's corner. He worked his ass off whenever given the chance but sadly most supporters are no the patient lot it seems.

His link up play with Son was always good last season and produced some slick goals for Sonny. So even if he himself would not have been a prolific goalscorer he could have been turned into a good targetman for us to take some pressure off Kane.

Here's to a full recovery obviously and a long career even if it isn't with us

Probably. But we obviously saw the need to bring in Llorente as cover so who replaces that role? Or have they now decided we don’t need it?

Because we didn't have anyone to cover Son. But now wed have Lucas.

A bit like the Dier situation.

Mahrez has handed in a transfer request.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Liverpool go for him, but we should really be in there as well.
It'll take a bid of 60m+ to get him this late in the window. Leicester have no replacement lined up. Mahrez has more than fucked himself leaving it this late. Can't see him going anywhere unless for huge, huge money.

No chance we'll be involved. Nor should we for 60m+.

I really think it should warrant some investigation. I mean it. No one can compete with that.

500 million in 17/8 months and that again in wages.

Even City players must be embarrassed. If we ever went that way I would give up footy.
There’s little to no parity left in the league just haves and have nots

And some think we should be more like City?! Or should be competing with them?

Fuck City. Football's death in a club. Anyone that think's we should be more like City is a joke. Makes me sick what they're doing.

And some think we should be more like City?! Or should be competing with them?

Fuck City. Football's death in a club. Anyone that think's we should be more like City is a joke. Makes me sick what they're doing.
But NO ONE on here thinks we should be competing with them.

Guardiola should be embarrassed anyway. This compounds it if true.

And with Brexit looming, you just know the government will have no appetite for necessary intervention, for fear of upsetting the corrupt oil guzzlers.

Back
Top Bottom