January 2018 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We very much have a first 11 other than the rotating full backs.
Injuries are not what determines major signings, so why would a first team CM be a priority for us?
A priority signing is one which will improve us in an area we are lacking.

That is up top against teams who park the bus, i.e. a creative AM like Zaha/Mahrez or a striker that's better and quicker than Llorente.

If someone offered me Modric or Ronaldo today, I know who I'd take
So who are you dropping from this "first team" you talk of to accommodate a AM or Striker. You are completely contradicting your reasoning for not signing a CM lol. I would argue the Dembele/winks/Sissoko role is definitely more up for grabs than the Son/dele/eriksen/lamela role.

If we had no injuries all season, could you please tell me what our first choice CM paring would be

Yes, who else? Like Gazzaniga or have I missed something?

Id like to be able to rotate Eriksen and Dele and give them real competition for places. Lamela and Son do not rotate with Eriksen and Dele.
Maybe you have missed that somehow.

Both helped us finish 2nd and both are good enough back up.

Im sitting here laughing....all the people who demanded we support the players now have the knives out! LOL, DEMBELE GET RID!!
You just said you would rather replace Lloris ahead of Sissoko. Enough said. Ended.

So who are you dropping from this "first team" you talk of to accommodate a AM or Striker. You are completely contradicting your reasoning for not signing a CM lol. I would argue the Dembele/winks/Sissoko role is definitely more up for grabs than the Son/dele/eriksen/lamela role.
He’s wound up in his own bulllshit again - claimed few pages back a fit Dele and Eriksen are undroppabke. Now claims Sissoko is good enough to be our starting CM challenging for silverware. LMFAO

He’s wound up in his own bulllshit again - claimed few pages back a fit Dele and Eriksen are undroppabke. Now claims Sissoko is good enough to be our starting CM challenging for silverware. LMFAO

Thats funny because Ive clearly said Wanyama and Dier are our first choice CM pairing and Sissoko, Winks and Dembele are behind them.

You responded to that saying we dont play with 2 DMs.
I asked you who would play in the two CM spots with a fully fit squad.

You ran away, didnt answer, and now you claim I said Sissoko is first choice and Id rather sell Lloris.

This is you:
arcspace mania - Google Search

There were claims pre season that we cannot improve our starting 11 and yet Sanchez came in and is very much in the first 11. The previous season despite similar claims Wanyama did the same. Now Llorente has been given a chance but has not cemented a place but had he scored goals after coming on as a sub then Poch would have found him a place.When Kane started in the first team it was a while before he got a starting place but he forced Poch to play him by his performance. We buy players for the first team squad and how many minutes they get is down to injuries of other players and how well they take their opportunity.
Poch has stated that perhaps we need to introduce players now with next season in mind. Good idea. As I understand it we have no places for foreign players and any additions rather than replacements need to be British trained. Foyth & KWP seem to be the youngsters Poch trusts.
We are bottom of the PL2 league indicating our future prospects are not good. We are only 7th in the under 18's as well. Perhaps this is a concern as I understand the project is to bring players through and maybe that is drying up.
I have only just started reading this thread as do not expect much to happen.

We are bottom of the PL2 league indicating our future prospects are not good. We are only 7th in the under 18's as well. Perhaps this is a concern as I understand the project is to bring players through and maybe that is drying up.
That doesn't mean shit as youngsters league results fluctuate a lot and if they are a shit team as a whole it doesn't mean that they don't have potential as individuals. As a contrary example, Aston Villa youngsters, they won some European trophies back ago and guess how many of them are playing in their first team/high level?

I have already said I am willing to rotate Dele and Eriksen. Do you disagree they are first choice 99.99999% of the season?

Are you saying you would rather another CM than say Zaha or Mahrez? Be honest, if we could take one of Modric or Ronaldo, which one do you think would help us beat teams that park the bus better?

For me thats our biggest problem.....11 men defending deep.

Consider which type of player is the best choice in those games. The West Ham last Thursday, we have Modric and Ronaldo on the bench. We've made two subs already, 30 minutes left. Who do you bring on?
By the way, thats theoretical before everyone starts saying I would Bench Modric for Sissoko.

That for me is Ronaldo all day long, every day of the week. That is why I think a priority signing should reflect our biggest problem as a team, as opposed to "Dembele is injured", and he's not even first choice.

You are in denial that some players are first choice, well its a fact. When Toby is fit, who do you think goes to the bench. I'll bet you 100 quid its Son, and I think you know that too. Our first choice AMs, and their back up still come up short in these park the bus games.

Everyone knows we need someone with invention in the team, despite having some excellent players up top.
My issue is that I dont think the players I want rotated will be rotated. For me Son should be able to challenge Dele for his spot, but thats just not the case, so I worry that any new AM will be allowed to start ahead of him anyway.

Thats funny because Ive clearly said Wanyama and Dier are our first choice CM pairing and Sissoko, Winks and Dembele are behind them.

You responded to that saying we dont play with 2 DMs.
I asked you who would play in the two CM spots with a fully fit squad.

You ran away, didnt answer, and now you claim I said Sissoko is first choice and Id rather sell Lloris.

This is you:
arcspace mania - Google Search
I would play Wanyama and Dembele but the former cannot last a full game anymore hence he need for a quality replacement not some back up. You feel replacing Lloris ahead of Sissoko is a higher priority. You’re done on here

I have already said I am willing to rotate Dele and Eriksen. Do you disagree they are first choice 99.99999% of the season?

Are you saying you would rather another CM than say Zaha or Mahrez? Be honest, if we could take one of Modric or Ronaldo, which one do you think would help us beat teams that park the bus better?

For me thats our biggest problem.....11 men defending deep.

Consider which type of player is the best choice in those games. The West Ham last Thursday, we have Modric and Ronaldo on the bench. We've made two subs already, 30 minutes left. Who do you bring on?
By the way, thats theoretical before everyone starts saying I would Bench Modric for Sissoko.

That for me is Ronaldo all day long, every day of the week. That is why I think a priority signing should reflect our biggest problem as a team, as opposed to "Dembele is injured", and he's not even first choice.

You are in denial that some players are first choice, well its a fact. When Toby is fit, who do you think goes to the bench. I'll bet you 100 quid its Son, and I think you know that too. Our first choice AMs, and their back up still come up short in these park the bus games.

Everyone knows we need someone with invention in the team, despite having some excellent players up top.
My issue is that I dont think the players I want rotated will be rotated. For me Son should be able to challenge Dele for his spot, but thats just not the case, so I worry that any new AM will be allowed to start ahead of him anyway.
'we have Modric and Ronaldo on the bench'
If that happened I would believe I had died and gone to heaven. Back to the real world

Back
Top Bottom