Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Van Dick is worth 180kpw then Toby is - if not more! Levy won't pay him that so he'll be off imo. Incidentally MancC are looking for quality at the back and wanted VD. Just saying.....

Couldnt care less if he signs or not, contracts mean nothing. When a player wants out, they leave.

Oh look at Liverpool they kept Coutinho......for 4 months. Same with Southampton and Van Dyke.....same with Modric. We got one season of a 6 year contract...look at Walker, we got half a season of his five years.

If they want out, they will leave, so I won't feel any relief if Toby signs, and I don't care if he doesn't.

Last edited:

Fucking Woolwich like mentality here. Man City are definitely coming in with a record bid in the summer.

Double his wages. Win some trophies. Pretty enticing when your current team don't want to do all it takes to keep you.

Just get it done ffs

We did EXACTLY the same with Eriksen's contract, he signed his new deal which was being negotiated for over TWO years! NOTHING Woolwich about it how we go about our business, they let their players contracts run out, we simply do not do this. Crying like a bitch is Woolwich mentality, odd to see Poch's efforts at calming some people has triggered them into the complete opposite. (By delaying Eriksen, if you could call it delaying seeing he had over 3 years left on it at the time, we saved the best part of £15m in wages alone!! He signed his new deal).

"get it done" Why? Where the fuck is he going? If he signed a new deal today, it wouldn't be for £300k pw, so if city wanted him they could sign him the next day and still take him and he will still double his money and leave.

2.5 years is an eternity.

Toby deserves a raise, but we have other players that are much nearer to the end of their contract that take priority.

Perrsonally, I'd rather Toby stayed for 2.5 years then left for nothing, than be sold in the summer for whatever fee he commands.

Nah can't agree.

If he does not sign by summer and as long as Vertoghen stays, sell him.

We can easily ask for 60 million plus, given the length of contract and at 28/29 Alderweireld would have to start again elsewhere.

We have to be savvy but we also have to have committed players.

Nah can't agree.

If he does not sign by summer and as long as Vertoghen stays, sell him.

We can easily ask for 60 million plus, given the length of contract and at 28/29 Alderweireld would have to start again elsewhere.

We have to be savvy but we also have to have committed players.
But I like to see the best players playing for Spurs. Seeing the best players at my club is more important to me than 60million in the bank.

But I like to see the best players playing for Spurs. Seeing the best players at my club is more important to me than 60million in the bank.
But those aren’t the only two outcomes. There’s the middle ground of selling him for £60m and spending that on a replacement.

But those aren’t the only two outcomes. There’s the middle ground of selling him for £60m and spending that on a replacement.
But its very unlikely the replacement would be a better player than Toby Alderweirald. So with that in mind, surely, from a fans point of view, its better to keep him.

But its very unlikely the replacement would be a better player than Toby Alderweirald. So with that in mind, surely, from a fans point of view, its better to keep him.
If the money didn’t matter, I’d agree. However, how ever much we’d like to believe that we shouldn’t care how much players cost, etc, we have to.

We could sell Toby, get someone young like De Ligt and spend the change on a new contract for Kane. De Ligt could well be as good as Toby, just as Sanchez has been so impressive.

If he wants to stay, great. If he doesn't, so be it. Let's get the maximum transfer fee for him and let whoever wants him, pay through the nose. Davy and Jan can more than hold their own and Foyth is an excellent prospect.
No player is bigger than the club and we can't let anyone hold us to ransom. If they are that short-sighted, they can do one.

If he wants to stay, great. If he doesn't, so be it. Let's get the maximum transfer fee for him and let whoever wants him, pay through the nose. Davy and Jan can more than hold their own and Foyth is an excellent prospect.
No player is bigger than the club and we can't let anyone hold us to ransom. If they are that short-sighted, they can do one.

That goes for all our players in my opinion. Luckily, that seems to be the Poch/Levy approach.

I completely disagree with this kind of philosophy Mrs P
Its kinda saying we should just accept our status as a selling club instead of striving to be the best. And it sends the wrong message to Harry and the rest.
However you seem such a nice lady I cant bring myself to ever add a x to your post's
:dierpochhug:

edit...so what i have decided is that from now on, if I disagree with you, im going to find a random cretinousgoat cretinousgoat post and disagree with that instead

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom