TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The top 4 out of the usual 6 will change a lot season to season. We will miss out on it soon I'm afraid as we have the worst resources. Most of you on here were happy not to invest this summer but are now complaining if we don't achieve top 4. You can't have it both ways.

Rubbish... Some just have realistic expectations about what we can spend....

Did you not notice us break our transfer record on a player that has been getting nothing but praise all season?

£24m to replace Walker?

+ back up striker & CB.

Our squad is stretched due to injury and key players can't get any rest.

Just cos youre resisting the urge to melt doesnt a) make your assertions correct and b) doesnt afford you moral high ground or an appropriate foundation from which to sneer at others.

Last edited:
I was arguing with my own post, I need to sort my replying out!! I think Ali is not playing brilliantly but I think he still rocks up with a goal/assist in every game. He is fustrating at times but will only get better, I just don't know why some folk are so keen to jump on our own players and give them shit. They may have bad games but over the last two years I've not seen a single player chuck the towel in, trying things that don't come off yes, but not giving a shit no. Obviously I would have liked a better result today but c'mon we are doing pretty good at the minute.

Newcastle 5-1 (a)
West Ham 3-2 (h)

....I largely agree with your post but the unnecessary hyperbole does it no favours.

so the managers to blame if we don't get top 4? or do you think we shouldn't expect it with what we have?
If we dont get top 4 this year, I wont blame anyone, cos there is no one to blame.
why do we have to blame someone for us not getting 4th? thats the kind of entitled horseshit i expect from bindippers and gooners
I go into each season looking forward to reaching 43 points cos it probably means we will avoid relegation. then i worry about the other shite.

as far as the rest, i was a season ticket holder through the sugar years. compared to that period in our history, we are almost in a golden age

A top class midfielder plus a top wide forward and if Lamela never gets back an Eriksen replacement/cover would probably do but that could be £150-160 mil in cost.

We've needed quality attacking options for a few seasons. Selling Alli should cover the cost. Sell him soon before buyers get wise to how limited and overrated he is.

Last edited:
its not about how much you spend. its about how you spend it. everton spent a fortune, and never spent it wisely. liverpool spent 34 million on oxlade chamberlain, and never addressed the fact their defence is shite and both keepers are average on their best day.

Guardiola, even though he has unlimited funds, addressed the issues in his team. new goalkeeper, new defenders. and look how much better they are

as far as wages goes, If we can come to a deal with alderwiereld, good. But we cant say "pay him what he wants". we dunno what that is. unless, of course, some of the people here are privvy to the clubs meetings with agents over wages, or sit in the transfer meetings, both discussing targets, and negotiating over said targets, they really aint in a position to comment. cos they dont actually know whats happening. and speaking for myself, i dont treat the Sun as a reliable source.

Pep took over the strongest team in the league on paper, it wasn’t good enough so they spend another £300 mil or whatever, their resources are unlimited. That they can buy Bernardo Silva and leave him on the bench speaks volumes. At some point spending £200-300 mil a season is going to make you so strong it’s a done deal.

Everton lost Lukaku and Barkley is injured, who are their best players, and they bought a ton of average signings. They are more like us after the Bale sale than like City.

Rubbish... Some are just realistic expectations about what we can spend....

Did you not notice us break our transfer record on a player that has been getting nothing but praise all season?

£24m to replace Walker?

+ back up striker & CB.

Our squad is stretched due to injury and key players can't get any rest.

Just cos youre resisting the urge to melt doesnt a) make your assertions correct and b) doesnt afford you moral high ground or an appropriate foundation from which to sneet at others.
Nope, a lot said we can compete for the title without any investment. Injuries are to be expected so that isn't an excuse. & of course key players can't get rest if your squad isn't strong enough.

Pep took over the strongest team in the league on paper, it wasn’t good enough so they spend another £300 mil or whatever, their resources are unlimited. That they can buy Bernardo Silva and leave him on the bench speaks volumes. At some point spending £200-300 mil a season is going to make you so strong it’s a done deal.

Everton lost Lukaku and Barkley is injured, who are their best players, and they bought a ton of average signings. They are more like us after the Bale sale than like City.

yup. but Guardiola still looked at the issues and addressed them. he spent a fucking bomb, but you still have to spend it properly. In the way that Klopp hasnt. and like us after Bale left, Everton aint spent their money well.

I dont care if you are spending 10 million or 100 million. just spend it wisely.

Burney are 7th with 22 points after 12 games.

We're on 4th with 24 points after 13 games.

If Burnley win they go above us.

What have I missed?
How can we end up behind Burnley & Woolwich when they play each other tomorrow? Can’t happen. We can’t end up 7th by the end of the weekend, no matter what
:dembele:

If we dont get top 4 this year, I wont blame anyone, cos there is no one to blame.
why do we have to blame someone for us not getting 4th? thats the kind of entitled horseshit i expect from bindippers and gooners
I go into each season looking forward to reaching 43 points cos it probably means we will avoid relegation. then i worry about the other shite.

as far as the rest, i was a season ticket holder through the sugar years. compared to that period in our history, we are almost in a golden age
If you look forward to 43 points & survival then we are on a different page altogether. You missed the point about who to blame. Its more about was it the players or the manager or chairman which meant we didn't achieve top 4 if you think we should have got it. You want on a rant about blame & how you are above it etc.
By the way, they wouldn't care less if me or you did or didn't blame them.
No offence.

So then let them do that. They will still fuck up making sideways passes in their own half and then we can press them. I'd rather win a match with a boring 1-0 than a boring 1-1. It's not like our gameplan worked today.

...Don't think the gameplan was to gift them a soft goal in under 5 mins.

Back
Top Bottom