The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't talk nonsense. Those games are the first time we've lost when Harry has been out for ages. Just 'cos we lost the last two is no reason to re-write history. Sure losing to Maureen is always pants, but get a grip.

I had no idea that Harry played defence and goal-keeper too. 5-0 without him? :eriksenlol:

They score early and Harry rallies the team, without him they just fold, how do you explain the spammers scoring 3 against anyone ?

I think we’re fucking shit and have no right to be on the same pitch as the best team in the world. I predict a 50-0 loss, in fact we’ll be doing well to keep it under a 100.

(I reserve the right to revise this opinion in the event we get something from the game) which seems to be customary on TFC.

Last edited:
Play like we have in the last two games and we can expect nothing.

Play more like the games preceding those and we can be a bit more hopeful.

I did feel that this game would be a bit of a free hit straight after the draw in Spain, however, I think that given the last two performances, it is imperative we do well in this one going into the next couple of weeks.

Kane will be back. So will Dembele, Dele’s up for it again. Aurier is not afraid of them. Sanchez had 10 days rest.

We’ll win this 2-1. Kane and Dele for us, bellend7 for them

Kane will be back. So will Dembele, Dele’s up for it again. Aurier is not afraid of them. Sanchez had 10 days rest.

We’ll win this 2-1. Kane and Dele for us, bellend7 for them
Do you think Alli is playing well, I think we play better without him at the moment, slows play down too much and wants too many touches.

Agree with the rest.

I think we’re fucking shit and have no right to be on the same pitch as the best team in the world. I predict a 50-0 loss, in fact we’ll be doing well to keep it under a 100.

(I reserve the right to revise this opinion in the event we get something from the game) which seems to be customary on TFC.
Top trumps negativity, I like it.
I reckon we will bottle this so bad UEFA will ban us from the competition. Levy will lose his rag and drive a bulldozer through the new stadium, accidentally killing Harry Kane, and his dogs, who he had took out for a midnight stroll to clear his mind.

Last edited:
Expecting no Kane, it’s not a must win game so risking further injury isn’t worth it. 2-3 weeks on hamstring injuries pretty standard if not bad ones.

First goal all important. Going 1-0 could see the stadium get really fired up.

I’m going to say a 1-1 or 2-2 draw though. Point suits both teams.

No risks with kane. We can afford to lose this & still qualify with a draw at dortmund & a win at home to apoel.
Another draw would be good.
Looks like no bale return either. Would have been interesting to see if he gets more cheers or boo's.

Biggest indication of how this game will pan out is to look at the rotation Zizou does with his team. We’ve had a string of massive back to back games that may have taken there toll on some of our players, nothing serious, but if each player is 5% off this adds up as a collective and against a top side that has been rested through rotation IMO will be a bigger factor than tactics and formations.

I haven’t even investigated what they have done whilst posting this but I believe they played a massively rotated team in the cup last week and just about scraped past a 3rd tier side.

Any info on who/when/what they are doing Bill Madrid Bill Madrid ??

After the first few go in we will slow the game down by taking our time to kick off etc. I will be bitterly disappointed if we cannot keep it below 90.

PS no matter how well or bad we play if we suffer a 3rd successive defeat I will be avoiding this place for a while!

Biggest indication of how this game will pan out is to look at the rotation Zizou does with his team. We’ve had a string of massive back to back games that may have taken there toll on some of our players, nothing serious, but if each player is 5% off this adds up as a collective and against a top side that has been rested through rotation IMO will be a bigger factor than tactics and formations.

I haven’t even investigated what they have done whilst posting this but I believe they played a massively rotated team in the cup last week and just about scraped past a 3rd tier side.

Any info on who/when/what they are doing Bill Madrid Bill Madrid ??
They beat Fuenlabrada, a 3rd tier team (who incidentally play at the Estadio Fernando Torres, he was born there) 0-2 on Thursday, with a second string team (only Lucas Vazquez and Asensio from when we played in Madrid, who both came on as subs). The Spanish cup is two-leg affair, this was the first leg.

They play Man City's vanity project Girona this afternoon. Marca reckon that it will be the team we drew with apart from Casilla in goal (Keylor Navas is injured) and Nacho at right back instead of Achraf...

15092325868175.jpg

Last edited:
They beat Fuenlabrada, a 3rd tier team (who incidentally play at the Estadio Fernando Torres, he was born there) 0-2 on Thursday, with a second string team (only Lucas Vazquez and Asensio from when we played in Madrid, who both came on as subs). The Spanish cup is two-leg affair, this was the first leg.

They play Man City's vanity project Girona this afternoon. Marca reckon that it will be the team we drew with apart from Casilla in goal (Keylor Navas is injured) and Nacho at right back instead of Acraf...

15092325868175.jpg
Oh let’s hope they play that. Any chance at all that this team will give them a hard game?
:avbpray:

Oh let’s hope they play that. Any chance at all that this team will give them a hard game?
:avbpray:

Doubt it, on form at least. They're 15th, 3 pts off the relegation zone, only won once at home and that was against bottom placed Malaga.

Girona is the most nationalistic independista part of Catalonia so maybe they'll be fired up against what they'll see as the jack-booted fascist thugs from Madrid

:llorishowudoin:

Team I'd like to see

Lloris

Aurier Alderwierald Sanchez Vertonghen Rose

Dier Dembele

Allir Kane Eriksen

Bench: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Nkoudou, Llorente

They play Man City's vanity project Girona this afternoon. Marca reckon that it will be the team we drew with apart from Casilla in goal (Keylor Navas is injured) and Nacho at right back instead of Achraf...

15092325868175.jpg
6 loans in that 18 of Girona 3 man city one from China one from Stoke one from Rayo. They have another 2 from Man City too.

Think we will get beaten this time. Great draw at theirs, but I doubt we will win.
You never know though. Belief Is everything
This is what it’s all about anyway. This is the kind of fixture this club needs to be playing. As long as we put in a good performance I’m happy.
Great time to be a Spurs fans at the moment.
Losing hurts worse which is mad because it’s a rarity .
11 times in all competitions 15/16
10 in all competitions 16/17
So far 3 games in all competitions.

Back
Top Bottom