New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's say it does get ready in time for the summer...I predict first game will be a friendly against someone as glamorous as they can find and the cheapest ticket will be £60.
I would rim Karen Brady the day after she's eaten beans, followed by curried shark that been left to rot for six months, post a 5 mile run(her running, not me) to get a ticket for the first game.

That's gonna haunt me, isn't it?

I would rim Karen Brady the day after she's eaten beans, followed by curried shark that been left to rot for six months, post a 5 mile run(her running, not me) to get a ticket for the first game.

That's gonna haunt me, isn't it?

:pochshock2:
giphy.gif

amazing how tight it is to the pitch, that's the best thing about our stadium, it's so much better than the other new stadiums in that regard. I seem to recall we used all the delay time we experienced with the Archway crap to further refine details to get the stands closer so worked out very well for us in the end.

by the way, why do we have steel bits going in with no paint to protect them from rust? I know these are big bits which will last ages still but surely as it's new it should have some kind of protection, no?
Think they are different ways to protect than paint.
I think most of the rusty bits will not be exposed, have concrete or flooring on top. Or ribbed steel decking that is rebated and concreted, ie, the south stand floors. It needs not to be coated. The ribbed steel will be nailed onto it.
That’s why you see a treated raker for instance, which is untreated/rusty end, where it’s joined.

Also dealing with far thinner sections in an auto body/frame. Steel in buildings is far more resilient - basically if it's powdery on the top you're looking at surface rust whose impact to integrity is virtually nil. When you see flakey rust they you're losing actual steel mass and impacting integrity. Steel usually arrives to the job with surface rust, because you'll be welding/bolting connections to it in the field so any sort of coating will be an issue.

About to start work on a forensic remediation on a project involving the latter...word came down today and I had to hide my chubby. :kaneshh:
Shit, sorry I’ve just said the same as you to Arthur Wensleydale Arthur Wensleydale

Going down to see the new stadium for the first time tomorrow. One thing I'll miss about WHL that the new stadium doesn't seem to be getting are the cockerels. I'd love to see two modern cockerels made and stuck up on the East and West stands, really take some of the old WHL charm with us.

A couple like this blokes made would be beaut:

Twitter

Tottenham Hotspur Statue

Does anyone know if there's plans in place or if the roof would actually be able to have them on? If so the club should 100% be sticking two shiny new bad boys, gold preferably but if Levy fancies a bit of colour coordination to go with the new gaff silver with navy trim I'd be able to stomach! Make it happen Daniel!
We have them on the outside, and the motto.
I think the old ones will be incorporated in the West Stand probably.
Don’t think they be that noticeable on the roof, would have to be enormously big.
Could suspend two over each end between the lights.
Can’t see it happening though.
I would like to see the two old ones they have at Wembley now, placed each side of the tunnel and a massive new statue outside the south stand. Placed so visible from high road and as you walk up then stairway by he Tottenham experience.

Back
Top Bottom