Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In an attempt to avoid the "total fanny" award for a match thread, I'd like to add my compliments to the wrong rosed cunts from across the Pennines.

Much respect to their fans on here. It's lovely to watch a reasoned debate with rival fans.

And for those southerners who haven't been there. It's a truly lovely part of the country, with some fantastic people. (Avoid North Yorkshire - they are unfriendly twats)

Anyway, true story. Met a bird from Yorkshire once. She was a right rum lass & loved her udders feeled.

:walkercry:

Evening All

Thats because Hudds is a lively cosmopolitan University town with a long history of Irish Asian and Carribbean immigrants who came to power the once thriving textile industry. Wakefield, however, has a high number of closely related shell suited individuals who blame their troubles on everyone and everything but themselves. Some of the more employable locals grow rhubarb in unlit tents.

I respect that deep-rooted hatred :)
:adesalute:

Evening All

Thats because Hudds is a lively cosmopolitan University town with a long history of Irish Asian and Carribbean immigrants who came to power the once thriving textile industry. Wakefield, however, has a high number of closely related shell suited individuals who blame their troubles on everyone and everything but themselves. Some of the more employable locals grow rhubarb in unlit tents.

Pleasure to be playing a club of Tottenhams standing at the weekend. Closest we have come in my memory was when we drew Spurs at home in the FA cup back in the Leeds Road days. Only had to beat Blackpool (then division 4 and poor) at home in a replay, but as usual lost it miserably. It was around the Linker Gascoigne era.I can still remember leaving the ground furious at their ineptitude.
Wakefield is a shit hole. You describe it perfectly.
Will you stop with the politeness though. We just aren't used to it in here & it all feels a bit :deledoubt:

With my new found love for all things Huddersfield I'm going with a 1-1 draw

Not reeeeaaaaally. 3-0 Spurs. Yorkshire cunts.

(Only kidding. 3-0 Spurs & fair play to the brethren from across the Pennines- giz a high six lads)

Makes a nice change to have 2/3 decent away posters on here although it is often the 'post match' comments that reveal the true colours. Time will tell.

Yes.

If I had to give a prize to the worst "about face" attitude post match on TFC it would go to Lazio.

They set the bar pretty damn low. These guys seem ok though.

I bet they manage a goal. Possibly tight. I say 1-2 Spurs.

COYS

It's quite funny going on opposing fans forums when some appear to be slightly confused by polite friendliness. Personally I don't mind a bit of spikey banter, which you certainly don't get that with certain club sites, it can be down right offensive.

Having been to all 92 English Football League grounds over that last 50years following Huddersfield Town I think I have developed a pretty good idea of who to banter with and when to keep my trap shut and the internet is no different. I guess those of us who can claim to have been on all 92 Grounds (watching our teams) can say the same.

As for tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to it but admit to a certain amount of concern, this level is such a huge step up in standards for us and tomorrow we're playing one of the best teams. Therefore predicting the outcome is impossible but as long as we put on a decent show and take the game to your lads I'll be fairly happy. Overall I'd say we need to focus on beating teams who are expected to finish in the bottom eight or so, rather than worry too much about the high flyers! :cool:

It's Tottenham Hotspur mate, as you were.......

Very likeable guy.

Still feels a bit weird getting used to watching pre match interviews and seeing how much respect other teams have for us. We've always had the "Spurs are a big team" politeness but now it's a genuine "they are top class / one of the best if not best footballing teams in the league".

Teams are genuinely scared about playing us.

Despite all that I still go into these games with feeling it'd be typical Spurs to drop points here when the reality is that's becoming less and less typical.

I just hope we have no hang over from Tuesday and don't go into this thinking it'll be a stroll. Let's be professional and ruthless and put them to bed as early as possibly. Can't let these teams get to HT with something to cling on to because that's when the frustration kicks in.

COYS!

Terrier fan here
We are tremendously excited about the game tmoz.
We beleive that the clash between schindler and kane will be the key for us.
Christopher schindler is the best centre half we have ever had in my lifetime( he scored that pen in the play off final).
And its my belief that we will lose him to a champs lg. Club next summer.
I also think he could be a full german international.
But kane iz prob the best centre forward in ghe prem. Lg. So it should be interesting.
I expect us to go for it early on and hope we can score in the first 20 mins...if we dont your superior team will probably wear us down and punish us.
Also our crowd really gets behind our team so we will be loud and proud whatever the outcome..
Bring it on

Think we're far too strong for this Huddersfield side. Going to be a reality check for them. Our away form has been scintillating so far this season.
0-3.
Kane x2, Alli.

Back
Top Bottom