Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris 5
Trippier 1.5
Aldeweireld 5
Sanchez 3.5
Vertonghen 5
Dier 5
Sissoko 5
Eriksen 6.5
Son 5
Dele -1
Kane 4
--------------------------------------
Aurier 5.5
Llorente 5

Dele needs to be dropped not been good enough so far this season and to push son out at wing back after Wednesday just shows poch won't drop dele.Sissoko all ways looks like he's frightened on the ball he has no confidence and shouldn't be in the first 11 , I don't understand dropping Davies when we have Barnsley coming up couldn't he have been rested then? and I'm sorry but Tripper isn't good enough to start in front of Aurier should have started the team Wednesday then make changes if we get a few goals lead .Frustrating !

Christ, some of the melting within seconds, you'd think Poch was the worst manager in the world and we were utterly atrocious today. In reality we battered them for most of the game and just couldn't break through and get a stroke of luck. Sometimes that happens in football. Last year we got lucky sometimes. I think people forget that. Sometimes it will be the other way.

As for title challenges, who actually thought we would win the title this year? We are in a temporary home with a new stadium to get used to next year. People need to measure their expectations. Top four is a good year and we played sufficiently well in all three of our home games that such a finish is by no means out of sight. So far our away form has been excellent, something people are also forgetting.

Good post but and this is crucial, do you think Pochettino and the players would see draws against Burnley and Swansea as okay?

We really should have a minimum of 7 points from our 3 home games thus far.

But yes my sights are a domestic cup and top 4.

I expected him to set up with our STRONGEST team. Not fucking rest them for Barnsley.

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Aurier - Dier - Alli - Davies
Eriksen - Son
Kane
Wins the game. Simple as that.

Alli in for Dembele due to the fact that Dembele cannot play 2 games in a week and the fact that we don't need two defense minded players against Swansea.
Well fuck me might as give you the managerial job the, can you start Monday?

What the fuck were we doing with Davies and dembele on the bench, I love poch and I am not calling for his head but that was wenger esc tactics. So fuming dembele is so important when we want to break teams down. The son experiement at left back did not work last year and it doesn't work this year. Moving trippier to left back so that he can't cross on the outside was bullshit. . .

DO you understand what you are typing?? think before you type. It helps people understand better.
I'm done with you. Too unintelligent for me.

Now, you've asked me the same thing two times in a row. I've already answered it.
I agree that we're not on equal terms intelligence-wise, but I think you've come to the wrong conclusion.

Good post but and this is crucial, do you think Pochettino and the players would see draws against Burnley and Swansea as okay?

We really should have a minimum of 7 points from our 3 home games thus far.

But yes my sights are a domestic cup and top 4.
I don't think they see them as okay. But at the same time, as Poch says, the only problem stopping us win is us. If Wembley is an issue it's a mentality issue and if you don't have the mentality or skill to put games like this away and adapt to another ground then, in my opinion, you're not yet an elite title winning side. But I don't think we are a title winning side yet and I don't think we will be until at least our second season in the new stadium.

That said, I think the "hoodoo" is going to go soon and our home form will improve. It's not as if we have been total shit in any of our home games.

Pissed off for a few reasons. Mainly the result. But we should just start playing like an away team at home from now on if it gets us over the line. That's what teams do to us. It's about time we switch it around and stop playing into their hands.

Playing Son I think was for his performance on wed as a reward, but for as good as he is there's no place for him in our first eleven! He's a squad player for us that's the hard fact. As for today we struggled as we have before against teams that don't play football Dortmund play football,chavs play football,city play football and therefore we can play against teams like Swansea,W.B.A,Stoke etc who just don't attempt to play football we struggle! In saying that buying Lorente for a presence in the box and getting headers then not hitting him was pointless might as well kept Jansen and played on the deck.

Back
Top Bottom