Summer 2012 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I get the feeling that today is going to be like a shit £100 firework.

It all looks promising, big name like 'The Mega-terminator 5000', this fucker is going to nuke a small area. But you end up with a splutter and bang weaker than a wet fart.

Yes, today is a day of analogies and philosophy.

Has Jim White exploded yet?

mitts said:
I don't think I can deal with losing Rafa and getting Berbatov in return. For one thing Rafa is probably faster. Berbatov is like something from The Matrix he's so slow. Not to mention his immense bellend dimension.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not going to argue that Berba for rafa is good buisness however

-We have ONE player who can successfully play as a center forward as a 4-3-3

-We do NOT have the money to spend 20 million on a player who is going to sit on the bench as cover for said player

-We do NOT have the money to invest in both Moutinho and a Striker around the 20 million mark.

-In turn a central midfielder should not be the priority Until we invest in Cover for Ade. (especially if the african nations are round the corner)

-While VDV is good, both Siggs and Dembele play in a very similar position to him, at the very least, I don't see anyway you could put both of them in the starting lineup with VdV in a 4-3-3.

Bottom line is, berbatov played some of the best football I have ever seen with us, and (as much as i hate to say it) It's not hard to see why he saw himself as a big fish in a small pond. Modric's attitude, while it was okay on the pitch, was terrible off the pitch.

Also pace isn't really part of berbas game.

Berba + Mouts for Rafa would be good buisness.

AberdeenYid said:
For what it's worth, I think if we don't break our record and sign Moutinho, it'll be a big mistake.

Yeah it'd be a big mistake too

22881118.jpg

Rosie47 said:
It's possible Jan Vertonghen has signed for us.

Can't see it myself. Aren't Woolwich interested? Also I'm pretty sure Ajax want to hold onto him.

Typical of us not to get business done early then leave it to the last day...

:baletroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom