Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if ever there was any doubt, this window has firmly established Chelsea as our current number 1 rivals ahead of Woolwich.
I think Woolwich are more of an irritant now. Bit like West Ham. Longing for us to take them seriously, but knowing we look down on them with complete disdain. I think Woolwich/West Ham would be a more fitting rivalry in the modern game

Ermm no. No matter how many trophies Chelsea buy and how many times they steal our transfer targets, they'll never surpass the hatred we have towards Woolwich.
There seems to be a boardroom rivalry simmering away between us and Chelsea though. And their fans definitely hate us more than any other club.. Probably because deep down, their board and fans know that in the real world outside Sky and Abramovich, we will always be the bigger club.

I think Woolwich are more of an irritant now. Bit like West Ham. Longing for us to take them seriously, but knowing we look down on them with complete disdain. I think Woolwich/West Ham would be a more fitting rivalry in the modern game

Nonsense.

Far too soon to talk of their demise but they are struggling and may have to deal with an even more disruptive Sanches.

Hatred of Woolwich is woven into our DNA and passed down from generation to generation, its gloriously irrational at times (I own no red clothing, even insignificant small red stripes or lettering annoy me).

Hatred of Chelsea is for more reasoned, rational, factual. If I had to choose I'd stick with the former but they work as two sides of the same coin really.

West Ham aren't even in the equation, they're as relevant to us as Brentford

Last edited:
He simply isn't...

Faster and stronger - yes ? But Christian is miles better at actual football.

Football isn't based on a bunch of binary metrics, we have to except that sometimes what makes a player so good is intangible and mostly in the mind.

Yep, tend to agree.

Eriksen is masterly at times and very much our hrartbeat.

If we manage to get Barkley in January or then I think he would learn to become a much better player from a manager who might be able to coax out the player many thought he would become.

Like Berahino and others though, he must refocus, train and be professional or we and other clubs will lose interest.

And that will be another career lost.

Nonsense.

Far too soon to talk of their demise but they are struggling and may have to deal with an even more disruptive Sanches.
Definitely far too soon. Whatever state they're in now, we've been in worse situations many times, even in the last decade. When they've been there for a few years and a consistently not a threat then we can be cocky about dismissing them, but for now, let's just enjoy seeing them suffering properly for the first time in a long while

my hatred goes in this order, mostly because of pricks i've had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting:

1. Chelsea
2. West Ham (partly because of Brady BS)
3. Woolwich (historical rivalry)
4. Liverpool
5. Man City
6. Man U (because of Jose)
I think most of us would go with that list, in various configs.
Although personally I don't hate man city. They spent by long enough living in the shadow of United due to their bloated, horrible bandwagon jumping fanbase. In some ways ive been pleased to see them emerge as Manchesters dominant club. Albeit by false economic investment.

On the window. I think that overall we are a midfield option or 2 light which might be a problem.

Certainly the area to consider in January.

Of Llorente, exactly the experience and type we need in many respects and because we kept Janssen for now, we also have a good 3rd option and with no reason why the 2 can't play together if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom