Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the managers part in the transfer window? He identifies targets and hands Levy a list, what else does he do? Get fucked you dumb cunt, you'll do anything to not admit our transfer policy is a disgrace for a club supposedly challenging for the league. Fucking abomination of a transfer window this is
Poch is both manager and director of football all in one. That's pretty well known. When the previous director of football got canned Pochettino assumed all his transfer related duties.

That means Pochettino has final say on all things transfer related. It's Poch who picks where we scout, who we scout, who we open negoitations about and if the terms Levy can negotiate are okay.

Imo:
  • Barkley will only join us. The alternative would be that he stays at Everton and moves in Jan/EOS. Anything else in the papers is bullshit.
  • Aurier and Foyth should be announced today, although I can see them banking at least one for tomorrow.
  • Very good chance of Sess/Sancho, but it's possible that we might prioritise a first team signing and revisit them later. I hope we get both.
  • Although that seems like a lot, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Vinny alternative bid for
To summarise: these are the next 48 hours we've been waiting for
:adegrin2:

Right I'm off out for a couple of hours. While I'm gone I want to see a right wing back and a game-changing Gazza-esque midfielder brought in, fit and with work permits etc.

Chop chop Spurs negotiators

So I said three in, Sanchez and Gazzaniga announced together as predicted, Foyth announced later. I said one out: Wimmer, and Wimmer was sold. And yet some of you still doubt my contacts!

I logged back in to say that Aurier was coming subject to a work permit being agreed, but I got some message saying that I wasn't allowed to post for a week because a number of users had voted my post the best of the week or something. While I appreciate the support, I can't bring you this ITK if you keep voting my posts as the post of the week.

From what I hear the board are hopeful for Aurier plus one before the window shuts. But even Levy is not ITK-enough to be certain.

Never doubt the WALT.

What's the managers part in the transfer window? He identifies targets and hands Levy a list, what else does he do? Get fucked you dumb cunt, you'll do anything to not admit our transfer policy is a disgrace for a club supposedly challenging for the league. Fucking abomination of a transfer window this is

Part is convincing players to join as confirmed by Sanchez and Foyth......you think they dont meet?

He also as you say identifies his targets. Barkley who was injured with a 50M price tag was one, and Aurier who we dont know can get into England.

So who´s responsibility were those two?
Where are the back up targets to Barkley?
Where are the tricky wingers you want?

Who is Levy supposed to buy if Poch has REPORTEDLY pulled out of the Diop deal to give Oakley Booth a chance?

You think going with youth is small time and pathetic.....yet thats what Poch is about. But you cant criticise him.

Last edited:
The assumption is flawed and naive because it takes away all the players greed, all the agents in their ears and makes out that they were unaware Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd wanted them and they only swooped in while Levy was sitting down playing with his bank notes.
Its pathetic really to be fair
Think you've kind of missed the point I was making in that post.

I don't want to associate with them Mensa. This is the last season I'll be going. I used to love Spurs, but the new st holders have fucked it for me. Entitled bunch of spurious, pick your own games cunts.

Yes those bastard supporters waiting on their cunty waiting list for all these years. Who the fuck do they think they are!!! :lamelaaghh:

Bastard fucking shithousing Cunts. Getting season tickets the club were offering to sell?? Can you believe that shit?
What a bunch of wankers.

:dembelelol:

To say they as one single collective have fucked it for you after two home games (including one on the last Bank holiday of the year in the school summer holidays) is just crazy talk --unless you have personally gone out and met them all to grade their personalities?
:pochshock2:

3 and a half months to identify and then negotiate deals for 5 outfield players who would raise our bar should not have been so difficult to accomplish.

Has Poch identified 5?
Seems to me Aurier, Sessengon and Barkley had legs.....one stayed at his club, one is depending on the Home Office so out of Levys hands, and one has an injury. Sanchez is done.

What are all these targets we´ve missed out on? Balde? Chose Monaco if the rumours were even true about us...Toljan and Pererra we ended interest and went with Aurier.

I dont remember being linked with an Njie replacement. We dont use wingers, so not sure why everyone is going on about it

Yes those bastard supporters waiting on their cunty waiting list for all these years. Who the fuck do they think they are!!! :lamelaaghh:

Bastard fucking shithousing Cunts. Getting season tickets the club were offering to sell?? Can you believe that shit?
What a bunch of wankers.

:dembelelol:

To say they as one single collective have fucked it for you after two home games (including one on the last Bank holiday of the year in the school summer holidays) is just crazy talk --unless you have personally gone out and met them all to grade their personalities?
:pochshock2:

The middle aged ones are the worst mate. Cunts the lot of them. Apparently.

I can see us making a late move for Demari Gray.

More likely to be

MV5BMTY5ODc1NjU5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUyNDg3Mg@@._V1_UY1200_CR85,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Part is convincing players to join as confirmed by Sanchez and Foyth......you think they dont meet?

He also as you say identifies his targets. Barkley who was injured with a 50M price tag was one, and Aurier who we dont know can get into England.

So who´s responsibility were those two?
Where are the back up targets to Barkley?
Where are the tricky wingers you want?

Who is Levy supposed to buy if Poch has REPORTEDLY pulled out of the Diop deal to give Oakley Booth a chance?

You think going with youth is small time and pathetic.....yet thats what Poch is about. But you cant criticise him.
I have criticized Poch a lot but I believe that blame for our horrible transfer windows lie with Levy.
Barkley wasn't injured earlier in the summer.

Just because I can't name a "tricky winger" that could help us off the top of my head, doesn't mean they don't exist. Surely the scouting department have worked on finding one? Fucking ridiculous, fuck off

Levy fan boys would start to get on Pochs back while his boss once again gets a free ride.

Also John, you miss the point yet again.

I can criticise Levy, and have done. Once again, Stratford would have ended my support of the club. It wouldnt have existed to me. You would have loved the big time of it all though.
Ironic

I can praise Kane, and crticise him
I can praise and criticise Poch
I can praise and criticise Levy
I can praise and criticise Janssen

It doesnt matter to me, as there is no agenda.

Go and take a look at yourself and ask if you can say the same. Not just say the same, but actually mean it.

You´ve all come unstuck...you think Poch is a puppet and Levy the master....naaaah, doesnt stick and you know it

Last edited:
Barkley wasn't injured earlier in the summer.

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley undergoes hernia operation and will be out for a month

Stop with the fake news mate, its pathetic

Just because I can't name a "tricky winger" that could help us off the top of my head, doesn't mean they don't exist. Surely the scouting department have worked on finding one?

In secret? Seems like every other signing and target has broken out into the news at some point?
You said the scouting dept that Poch chose was shit....so why are you expecting a good winger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom