Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ago I said in this very thread that a lack lustre transfer window, coupled with a poor start to the season, and soon or later the Levy fan boys would start to get on Pochs back while his boss once again gets a free ride. Disagrees and ridicule followed.
Well guys, guess what.
I've said from day one I want fringe players replaced. How many times we gonna do this?

That hasn't happened.

You said it was a lackluster window 6 weeks ago. When it wasn't.

That's the point. It's always bad in your eyes. We could sign everyone you want today and despite claiming you will praise Levy, you won't. You will say it should have been done months ago.

Getting on Pochs back? Yes, it makes zero sense to slate the window and not recognize the managers part in it.

You know this, and it annoys you I feel.
It doesn't stack up....you just feel every signing is out of Pochs hands and above his head. Laughable

Last edited:
I hope your right CJJ CJJ . I really do.
But if you're wrong, God forbid, and we finish up gambling our season with Trippier and KWP as back up, will you feel disappointed and let down that we've clearly downgraded that position?

Will not appease me if after this window we have only signed 3 defenders and a goalie.

We are not so potent an attacking force as to have not needed 2 additions in this area.

If that's the sort of price we were hoping to get him for, guess we can forget it now.

Poch won't be happy, we've waited all summer and now Chelsea have turned up in need of players to fill their homegrown quota.
We're not going to get into a bidding war with Chelsea. :pochfacepalm:

Yep think we can rule this one out now.

Let's not forget tho. They wanted 50m for him earlier in the window. So if Chelsea get him for 30m then let's not invent a narrative where we could have signed him for that several weeks ago.

The truth is we will have missed out on Barclay because we didn't pay 50m.

I think the assumption people make is if we had acted faster then perhaps we might have gotten deals done before the likes of Liverpool / Utd switched their focus to these players.
The assumption is flawed and naive because it takes away all the players greed, all the agents in their ears and makes out that they were unaware Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd wanted them and they only swooped in while Levy was sitting down playing with his bank notes.
Its pathetic really to be fair

Last edited:
Let's hope Ross Barkley pulls an "Oxlade-Chamberlain" on Chelsea - fuck them, they deserve nothing. It's about time fucking around with the youth and loan system, sending homegrown players across the globe comes back to bite them on their arse.

Let's hope Ross Barkley pulls an "Oxlade-Chamberlain" on Chelsea - fuck them, they deserve nothing. It's about time fucking around with the youth and loan system, sending homegrown players across the globe comes back to bite them on their arse.

But we need players and although I get any reluctance to take a risk with a player who has become injury prone, it is just impossible to see a plan on our part.

rossi-model-46202.jpg

Yep think we can rule this one out now.

Let's not forget tho. They wanted 50m for him earlier in the window. So if Chelsea get him for 30m then let's not invent a narrative where we could have signed him for that several weeks ago.

The truth is we will have missed out on Barclay because we didn't pay 50m.

Chelseas deadline activity is obviously brilliant and shrewd....Spurs is too late and AAARRGGGHHHHHHH

If he had just acted quicker they wouldn't have been interested in earning 40-50k a week more at the clubs they chose.

God your naive
Whatever you say, let's just keep trying cheap punts at shit players then. We want to be the Monaco/Dortmund of England but our scouting is too shit for that

Reports are we dont want an injured player and rightly so

Okay mate. We are probably in partial agreement but we can buy subject to a medical being passed when fit. Everton are going to have to sell. Better us than that fcuking other club if Barkley proves his fitness.

Liverpool. City and United, not to mention Chelsea are leaving us behind in terms of attacking options.

3 and a half months to identify and then negotiate deals for 5 outfield players who would raise our bar should not have been so difficult to accomplish.

I guess others can answer for most of that, I hope every Spurs fan wants the best for the club.

In terms of what I would personally consider a good window from here on well here would be my break down
For all the press talk, Spurs haven't made a bid for him. We don't even know if we were actually interested.
if Everton are still being unrealistic on fee and combined with his injury, this is not happening

I've said from day one I want fringe players replaced. How many times we gonna do this?

That hasn't happened.

You said it was a lackluster window 6 weeks ago. When it wasn't.

That's the point. It's always bad in your eyes. We could sign everyone you want today and despite claiming you will praise Levy, you won't. You will say it should have been done months ago.

Getting on Pochs back? Yes, it makes zero sense to slate the window and not recognize the managers part in it.

You know this, and it annoys you I feel.
It doesn't stack up....you just feel every signing is out of Pochs hands and above his head. Laughable
What's the managers part in the transfer window? He identifies targets and hands Levy a list, what else does he do? Get fucked you dumb cunt, you'll do anything to not admit our transfer policy is a disgrace for a club supposedly challenging for the league. Fucking abomination of a transfer window this is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom