Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Percy, the writer, is normally spot on with his transfer stories - I'd expect this to happen.

Can't see us letting Wimmer go without the Sanchez deal being wrapped up, so hopefully there is positive movement on that one for us...

Also, I think West Brom are getting an absolute steal at £15m when they've just rejected a bid of £18m for Jonny fucking Evans !!
hopefully some kind of add ons or sell on

Thanks about the spelling
Bloody mobile phones.
:dembelelol:
Are you looking forward to Wembley this season?
I don't see why we can't enjoy it for a season... I still don't get the notion that we're the ONLY club whose players don't seem able to benefit from playing there.

Every other team seems to apparently be able to get themselves 'up for it'... so why not us?
Let's intimidate the opposition, rather than be daunted by the whole thing!

Yes... yes I am VERY much looking forward to it.
But ask me again at about 6.30pm on Sunday evening!!

Translation below (I'm Dutch):
Ominous message for Ajax fan. Davinson Sanchez is not in the Hilton hotel where the selection is preparing for their game against Rosenborg (later today).

Apparently Sanchez has lost focus on the game since he agreed personal terms with Tottenham Hotspur.

Iit looks like Ajax will miss a very important player (for this particular game). It's almost certain he (Sanchez) will not be on the bench.

He has asked Ajax for a reply but Ajax has told him they'll not respond.

Obviously I know he isn't nowhere near in terms of discipline and defence but attacking from deep I think we lack in this department as much as I love dembele he should be getting 10-15 in combined assists and goals

At the risk of repeating myself:

Dembele is a very unique player, almost incomparable. He is revered for his upper body strength, his uncanny ability not to lose possession, his short concise passing, his dribbling AND his tackling.

I would say Barkley ticks very few of those boxes. Plays higher risk longer passes, losses possession much more often, poor in the tackle. AND (even as a number ten?) completed less take ons than Dembele.

Dembele is essential to us because he is a very low risk option, even when he is under pressure he is happy and capable of receiving the ball and moving it up the pitch either by dribbling or playing simple balls.

If you start asking him to be more dynamic, play higher risk passes in order to become more of a goal threat then he no longer plays that role for us.

We have a number of dynamic players already (either three or four ahead of him depending on formation) that can perform that role, and pose less of a risk if they lose the ball.

We spent years and years trying to find a role that work for Dembele and get him to his best. Now i'd rather see him stick to what he is good at imo.

Cancer lighter than this thread confirmed?

UjR5fwN.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom