Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying anything Rose said is wrong, but you don't say it to the fucking press.

Poch has worked hard to build a core group of players that play for each other.

You don't think the players in that locker room want to win? Must be crazy!

Rose went way too far here. Sad
Who do you say it to? Internally? Maybe he has exhausted those means and this is his last resort.

I'm trying to gauge the situation on what has been presented to us over the whole summer. I don't see why I should unquestionably trust the players engaging in semi-obvious club propaganda when the statements that Poch has made have changed over the last few weeks.

On a clinical level, I should want Levy to know exactly what he's doing. I'm not #ENICout and I am in awe of his job with the stadium etc.
This isn't me 'reading what I want' into it because I want Spurs to be a well oiled machine.
But that's what I mean......if a player is genuinely happy, you dismiss it as propaganda.

You aren't trying to gauge anything.

You have decided what you think is pre written bullshit and what isn't

IF true he'll be outcasted I reckon.....

It's funny how football has changed where players can do this and some fans blame the club.
Imagine if Sol Campbell happened today......there are some fans in here who would sympathize with his ambition and blame Levy.
Your bang on there , i dont care how pathetic our transfer window has or hasnt been , the way rose has seemingly gone about this isnt right

I'd noticed you aren't happy.

I'm sure you care.
Thank you.
So you'll acknowledge then I do NOT want fucking Danny Rose sold. I do not want to feel compelled to spend even more frustrating hours on here arguing why he should not have been sold. I want him to stay. But if he is sold, to one of our rivals, I'll be fully expecting my first ever visit to the sin bin soon after. Probably be for the best anyway.

"So, Danny what do you think of Spurs transfer policy?"
"Well i'd like a few new signings to compete for places".
Danny: Spurs must buy stars

"Would you like to be paid more?"
"Well who wouldn't?"
I'm not paid what i'm worth

"Would you consider a move away if a bid came in?"
"None of your fucking business you brainless, bottomfeeding cunt!!. Thats between the gaffer and me!!"
I'd discuss a bid with boss

"Do you wan't to play for Man U?"
"I wouldn't rule anything out in the future"
I will play in the North

Don't get the Rose hate.

He puts his body on the line every week for us and put up with ridiculous abuse.

Yes Poch made him world class but that doesn't mean he didn't put in the effort. He's a warrior and deserves nothing but respect.

Yes he's a footballer who gets paid things but he also wants to win things before he retires. It's that same drive and ambition that has led him to being the best LB in the country.

He's made it clear he would rather win things here. He doesn't owe his peak years to sticking by us in an austerity phase.
The hate is because he's been a total cunt by going to the sun with his opinion.

The opinions themselves aren't a problem. He's ambitious and wants to see the club realise his ambitions.

I mean what sort of premier league profession actually gives this sort of interview to a gutter rag.

Seriously disappointed in him.

Thank you.
So you'll acknowledge then I do NOT want fucking Danny Rose sold. I do not want to feel compelled to spend even more frustrating hours on here arguing why he should not have been sold. I want him to stay. But if he is sold, to one of our rivals, I'll be fully expecting my first ever visit to the sin bin soon after. Probably be for the best anyway.

He's not happy, he's just not oblivious to the knock on effects not signing a player when you finished 2nd the year before will bring with it

I'm pretty sure the club has discussed the project with him before he signed last year. I'm pretty sure he's aware of a new stadium being built, that costs a bit. And knew about the wage structure right now in the club when he signed last year. Fucking child, state an example of him and let him rot out his entire contract without access to the training area or a free fucking cup of tea. If it is him.

Thank you.

I agree with you, he shouldn't be sold, and especially not to a top club. What can I say John? If he wants to leave he's gone - that's the way it works. Just ask Barcelona.

The hate is because he's been a total cunt by going to the sun with his opinion.

The opinions themselves aren't a problem. He's ambitious and wants to see the club realise his ambitions.

I mean what sort of premier league profession actually gives this sort of interview to a gutter rag.

Seriously disappointed in him.

Maybe The Sun paid a nice amount and it helped soften the blow of the fact that as the best LB in the country he is paid half as much as a dozen shiter players in this league.

Or maybe he doesn't follow/care for the political side of things.

I'm not the only one who's been saying this but it's worth repeating. Because I think we are undeniably correct: we need signings that puff up the chests of our best players so they think "wow, look who I'm going to be playing with next season" or we will lose them. He who must not e named kept citing this as a reason for doing the unspeakable - not the money! If we lose Rose, our club only has itself to blame. This sucks.

But that's what I mean......if a player is genuinely happy, you dismiss it as propaganda.

You aren't trying to gauge anything.

You have decided what you think is pre written bullshit and what isn't
What on Earth are you on about? This is exactly like I said to you a few days ago about apparently being able to read the mind of other posters. It gets old.

Even in this Rose piece, he isn't necessarily angling for a move but rather talks in exasperation about our transfer policy.
I don't see how a player wouldn't do that unless they felt bloody strongly about what was going on.

When the players came out earlier in support of what we were doing in the transfer market, I remember at the time thinking "that's nice, but you were definitely told to say those things - regardless of whether you already thought it or not".

Do you think what Rose is saying is bullshit? Or are you playing the numbers game and treating it as 1/7 of what we should care about because of the ESPN interviews?

Spoiler: it sure as fuck won't be on 1/7 of the fanbase's mind tomorrow.

Not surprised by this at all. Rose already hinted at all this months ago when he talked about Walker to the BBC.

At the end of the day when we have a wage structure like ours this is going to happen from time to time. We, as fans, need to accept that. Until the new stadium arrives and we are have greater financial power nothing will change - and the usual cretins screaming about world class signings and wages can whine all they want, but we know that the club isn't going to alter it's wage structure or bring in a mega signing just to placate little Danny. In fact, those who thing we can bring in "world class" players and pay them mega bucks, while paying our existing players mega bucks, ought to seriously think about supporting a different club.

And do you know what? To some degree Rose can do one. Unfortunately it seems he's just another lazy footballer who'd rather just move to a club where there is less effort for trophies and more money. He moans that he isn't winning medals, but he's just spent the best part of the fucking past year sidelined while the club pays for his treatment and while the other players came very close to winning the title without him. You'd think he'd have the sense to shut up, return play out of his skin and then moan after reminding everyone he still has the goods. But right now he comes across as full of himself, and, frankly, a bit ungrateful considering what the club has done for him. I almost feel like he should just fuck off if that's what he wants.

Last edited:
Thank you.
Why?

You agree with the demands of want away players, then moan when we sell...?

Makes no sense......we are not doing what City etc are doing. If Rose wants that, he will need to join another club.

It really is that simple. We will not change our whole policy. The policy is about rooting out these kinds of bad apples.

I find it shocking you still don't understand

I think we need to see exactly what he's said before stepping outside to find some rope, pitchforks & gallows. It's a sensational headline but let's see if these are his exact words. im sure he was talking about the need to strengthen the squad weeks ago. So he may just be repeating himself. But whatever he's said, talking openly to a journalist (& especially a sun one) is always likely to end in grief.
That said, im getting pissed off with modern football (just when Spurs are beginning to look the real deal- how spursy) & at the rate it's going a lot of people will turn their back on this monster. There are plenty of grass roots clubs who would be grateful for the £5 entrance fee. I'm seriously beginning to lose all faith in this huge business shit. It's fucking football. It should be a group of like minded folk cheering on their players- their club. Instead of this cash generating snake that's about to consume itself from the tail upwards. It's getting fucking horrible. I just hope Rose's comments have been misquoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom