Spurs vs Kyle Walker's Oil Riggers 29/07/17 23:00BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Madrid 2 down in 6 minutes after losing 4-1 to city. Relegation for them this season? Or do we think of course not they'll still be challenging Barca for the league?

Madrid 2 down in 6 minutes after losing 4-1 to city. Relegation for them this season? Or do we think of course not they'll still be challenging Barca for the league?

Sold their second choice right back in the summer too. They also wear a white kit. Almost certainly a double relegation of Spurs and Madrid next season.

Wonder what odds you'd get.

Very poor all-round. I expect to see us able to show some quality, there was non on show tonight.

The one thing about friendlies is you never know the condition you arrive at in games, so Poch could have been beastings them in training prior to this game, meaning they actually go into the game fatigued, whilst Guadiola could have taken the opposite approach and done some easy sessions for their training (I hope to god that was the case) but even if this was, it doesn't stop us from being able to pass or stop from getting tackled so easily.

I genuinely don't have any issues with this team, it's seriously good and we have all witnessed the individual quality from Kane, Dele and Eriksen all of which were poor especially Kane who's first touch is usually so fine, tonight he couldn't trap a bag of cement, was 2nd to almost every ball (again, looking for a plausible excuse he was more than a week latter in training than everyone else, but we will never know without the data).

Can't think of any positives from that other than Janssen's bit of skill, an improvement from Dier in 2nd half (not top draw but improved), Oakley-Booth and KWP do look relaxed, smiles and not over awed. Biggest plus was the kit looks mint.

Nunite x

I remember the days when you were lucky to see a pre-season friendly result hidden away in a corner in the paper...nowadays performances are pored over as if they're the fucking Cup final...

Chelsea are going to be licking their lips looking at that shit
Mate I've seen two of their pre-season games Bayern should have been 8-0 up in the first 30min, what you saw this evening doesn't come close to how shit they were. Watch about 3/4's of their game against Inter the other night, they were shit in that too. They looked like Chelsea under Maureen's last season, very, very poor.

The Kovacic just scored a cracker. To think we were being linked with singing him a few weeks back just shows how ridiculous 90% of these rumours are.

I wonder if there will be any 'positives' taken from this game ?
Cool.

No complaints then if we finish outside the top 3 this season then!
I am one of those who think we will finish outside the top 3. I wouldn't be surprised if we finished 5th either.
It's not melting, nothing to do with pre season results. It wouldn't upset me either. I am a bit more realistic about the last 2 seasons to this one.
If we get top 4 this season I will be very, very, satisfied.
if we challenge for the title then we are the real deal.

i would be horrified if i was a City fan. They can't finish a sandwich - it takes them about a thousand chances for one to go in

But yeah, we were definitely crap. I'm not sure we'll survive relegation to League One in 2018/19

Back
Top Bottom