Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

We supporters are used to not winning trophies for the last 10 years and tbh don't expect to win next year, we have forgotten how to win trophies partly brain washed by the board and partly given up and happy where we are, ie: top 4 and even better, CL football, no more Thursday football with unknowns plus Woolwich out of top 4. The main worry is will the players be happy!

You seem to think the players have no say in our destiny. It's bizarre.

They are the ones on the pitch at the end of the day. If they want the title, go get it.

The talent is there.

Thus far some of the players have stayed silent. They are employees but we all know footballers are more than that. They want to play football but they also want success.

They know our squad is very good but that it needs to be better and if the club assume their silence is an endorsement of our tranafer stance then I feel the inevitable will occur next summer.
If we buy better players than the current lot they'll fuck off anyway because they won't be getting games. You're just being alarmist for the sake of it. It's a boring argument based on nothing.

I've found a new way of speed reading this thread. Just click on who agreed or liked a post, then move on if it's the Stooges. This way I can avoid the drivel that is masquerading as informed opinion.

Don't like it? Then fuck off.

Yes, I've had a drink now - I was driven to it.

If we buy better players than the current lot they'll fuck off anyway because they won't be getting games.
I ain't buying that fucking argument. Top players always want to see the best players added to the squad. In fact they tend to use it as an excuse for wanting a move if the opposite happens. They see it as a lack of ambition on the clubs part. I'd be very pissed if our players saw it as a threat to their comfort zone.
Now, I've had a fucking drink too and I've had enough of this shit so it's goodnight from this stooge
See ya
:allitongue:

Hi folks,

First time posting (although I've been watching this forum for the past couple of years).

Following Conte's critcism, I was glad to read this article, putting the Italian (and his hair transplant) in its place.

Can't give the link because nobody 'liked' me yet (story of my life really...)

Anyway I believe in our squad and I am really excited about our youth stepping up, providing more depth where we need it. If Poch feels like that's not gonna cut it yet, then I trust his transfer strategy.

Personally, I feel we could really benefit from bringing in one additional creative, attacking midfielder (and a defender if Wimmer goes).

Can't wait to see what next season has in place!

COYS

I ain't buying that fucking argument. Top players always want to see the best players added to the squad. In fact they tend to use it as an excuse for wanting a move if the opposite happens. They see it as a lack of ambition on the clubs part. I'd be very pissed if our players saw it as a threat to their comfort zone.
Now, I've had a fucking drink too and I've had enough of this shit so it's goodnight from this stooge
See ya
:allitongue:
Players hate players being bought in their position - any pro will tell you that. All that ambition stuff is just lip service.

Date didn't work out huh?

Players hate players being bought in their position - any pro will tell you that.

Date didn't work out huh?
No date really. It was my useless attempt at humour in response to sammyspurs sammyspurs expert life advice on a different topic. I'm a happily married man. Although I'm now finding myself having to creep into the back room while looking over my shoulder while I'm posting on this fucking site. I think I need to re- evaluate things. Anyway, Hope you had a good night.
I'm off now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom